Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

+6
Copper Rose
Dusk Raven
Elacular
Xel Unknown
TheCavalry
AProcrastinatingWriter
10 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 3 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm

You aren't alone... NOBODY liked Iggy form what I recall of the dude.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station - Page 3 Empty Re: Luna's Command: the Recruitment Station

Post  TheCavalry Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 pm

TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:18 pm

I think the point of Iggy's character was that he was slowly supposed to become a better pony over time? All I know for sure is I was planning to eventually have Nihl outline his final goals and his organization's core philosophy to and offer Iggy and then offer him a position in E.C.H.O., as Iggy would be a good fit because of [spoilers]. Ideally, he'd complete his character arc with his refusal, but as the situation is it unfortunately cannot be.

Warning in advance to Elacular: I think I hit burnout multiple times while writing what's in the second thread so far, so writing quality may have suffered. Back in the game for the immediate moment, but....yeah.

As to number of people: Mr. Crystal will actually be the fifth person attempting to join up! Dream Axis has not only expressed interest in the position but has PMed me a complete character sheet. I was going to post all the character sheets once Cav was done with his, but now of course we have the issue at hand. Seven players is already kind of stretching things - we can't have an eighth! I certainly won't forbid you, Crystal, from making a character sheet of your own, but be forewarned that doing so will unfortunately make this into something like a competition: the four best enter, the least one may come in as a replacement later, possibly.

(Two things I've learned from this campaign: Never create a scenario that leaves no room for replacements, and never assume players will be okay with something you're planning with their characters.)

Now, to round off this expositional onslaught: Xel, I have decided those talents are fine, but only those 0 pip talents cost -1 pip when used together.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:16 pm

TheCavalry wrote:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BybrBMwjgY0-Ye5peKA61s3Cr2smyNETygetzwlLmig/mobilebasic?pli=1

So...work in progress. But...thoughts? Comments?
Minor errors I've noticed... You forgot your cutie mark... YOU GET THEM FOR FREE in this system now! XD (I assume mechanics or acrobatics, whatever is your weathercrafting talent. xD ) Also you are saying that Perception, Persuasion, & Streetwise are at a 7 in spite of your Sense being at 8... Other then that looks like a solid build in my opinion... Outside of [Know your audience (Empathetic)], not saying it's bad or that you shouldn't have it on your build Cav, just I'm personally unsure to what the point is in having that on your build... But it'll work regardless I say. :3 EDIT: ALSO noticed that you forgot to pick your fifth magic talent... (another magic user... Interesting...)

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOUR BACKSTORY BE! Big Smiles, Sweetie (was more hopeful to seeing that whole robotic fox (FROM THE FUTURE) thing we talked about in private, but I like this character too, hope she's from a "modern era" and not the long past... Or something... Just personally don't want ALL of the newcomers to be from the past-era we're in right now is all I'm sayin'... We're a time-travel campaign dammit... WHY AREN'T ANY OF YOU TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT FACTOID NEWBIES!)

Last edited by Xel Unknown on Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:(APROC, PLEASE REPOST THIS LISTING INTO THE FIRST POST OF THIS TOPIC!)

The Three Remaining Vets of this campaign:
Lunar the Hippogriff (Xel Unknown) [Element: New-Loyalty (changed to it because it fits me more was Kindness did beforehand, also we don't need two Kindnesses in a team)]
Wandering Eye the Unicorn (Dusk Raven) [Element: Magic (derp missed it at first glance)]
Scorch the Dragon (Paper Shadow) [Element: Loyalty... Old version, your sheet has yet to update to the Abilities System Paper]

The Three Newcomers:
Gypsy the ??? (Elacular) [Element: Kindness]
High Note the Unicorn (Copper Rose) [Element: Old Chaotic version of Laughter]
Silver Lining the Pegasus (TheCavalry) [Element: Magic]
Still think this info should be posted in the first post on this topic...

PS: My elemental change that's cool? Cause I never say a yay or nay, I assume it's ok... Cause I never used Kindness so far and figure the New Loyalty would fit me better. :3
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

How in the hell did I miss Cav's character sheet? Anyway, looks cool! I wanna learn more aout 'em too!
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:52 pm

That's because Cav only JUST posted it yesterday afternoon, you likely were offline then or something. XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Does my mistakes in character creation earn me the derp bonus?

Anyway, yeah, not having a fifth magic point is...semi-intentional? Because I'm not really sure what to use for it.

It's probably kind of obvious from my bard-skills (and rockstar destiny) that I'm playing a musician of one stripe or another. I kinda imagine activating magic until those circumstances, but I'm not sure what the fifth should be... particularly since I have but one magic point to use. Hence why I've been going for 1/day talents.

As for backstory...I'm working on it, just kinda tinkering some details. I can't believe I overlooked cutie mark though. I'll try and get both added in soon...
But....
I won't be able to edit the sheet until next Tuesday at the earliest. Sorry ya'll. Still, that's it mostly done.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Another rockstar destiny? Uh, ok, I guess...........

(I have the rockstar destiny)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:33 pm

...and that's why I should have checked things before making my sheet. Hmm.

Granted, i haven't filled in my backstory, but I think our characters are very different. That said, I'll change to something else if you prefer.
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:57 pm

I'd say we don't need two rockstars in this group... If either of you two can change it to something else, it'd be for the best. You can take Seer, I don't think there'll be anything wrong with having two of those in the party. XD (well we shouldn't if I'm getting Dynamic Duoed by Paper's Dragon.)
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Jsser23 Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Is there still any spots open? I'm new to this game and I would love to see some action.

Jsser23
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:44 pm

No... NO MORE SLOTS OPEN... Sorry... You'd be like the sixth new player to app... And we already got three vets.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Hmmm... Maybe we could tap into the unnoficial Destinies so that we have some variety?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:06 pm

Maybe, if you can get it passed by AProc it's a golden option.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Hey Xel, shouldn't we wait for APW's say to make a blanket statement like that? Personally, I don't think a game as heavily established as this one would be best for a newbie to join, but shouldn't we hold of for the GM's word?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:22 pm

I thought this game was made for newbies. Why would it being heavily established change that fact?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:40 pm

Eh, my reasoning is just for the archive binge it entails, but APW has the last say.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:23 pm

From what I've seen of AProc he seems like the "easygoing" GM... Who lets almost anything slide as long as his players are respectful and make sure he puts his approval on what isn't game legal... So that's all I'm saying if AProc say yes, you can do it.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:45 pm

Speaking of archive binge, I just finished it all. And...damn. I really hope I get to join.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:48 am

I think the fact that you finished it means you got high odds of doin' so... Only two of five people are getting the boot.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCavalry Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:39 am

Like I said, can't edit my sheet for a few days... So this is my notice that I'm going to change my destiny from Rockstar to.... something else. I'm just deciding what.

Granted, not having my backstory and personality up makes it a little harder to get input from you fellas. But I'm thinking of using a (reflavoured-for-Pegasus) version of Planeshaper or Mind Sculptor destiny's. Thoughts?
TheCavalry
TheCavalry
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:31 am

Sounds vaguely cool, though seeing them quoted here would probably make that less vague. =P
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:58 pm

Re: Rockstar destiny and superfluidity.

If Cav's heart is truly set on the Rockstar destiny, I'm willing to make it non-superfluous. Though aware of how overpowered such would be, I am going to allow bonuses provided from different destinies to stack in this game if Cav reallly wants to take said destiny.

Xel: Two things. Firstly the elemental lightning is perfectly fine, and I'm sorry I missed that. Secondly, and this is very serious, you have ignored the fact that I have established a competition between all those wanting to sign up and told someone who has shown interest in this game that they couldn't even try.

I will be blunt. That was not okay. Don't do it again. We're done talking about it.

I have contacted JSSer23 and let them know there is still room in this campaign, possibly, if he is willing to try. That being said, since this is growing more popular than I thought it would, I am establishing a hard deadline. Anyone who might be interested in joining this campaign must post a character sheet (not necessarily a finished one) by this Saturday, August 30th, at Midnight - concessions made for time zones if necessary.

EDIT: Should not have hit reply so soon! Unofficial destinies should be fine on a case-by-case basis. My requirements for newbies are the same as for anyone else: at least having skimmed the campaign at hand or else read the summary provided in this topic. That being said, an outright archive binge is preferred, but will not be forced upon. We're here to have fun, after all, not force ourselves to read 100 pages of mediocre storyline and excellent roleplaying. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dream Axis Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:35 pm

sigh this is what happens when you forget to subscribe to a thread. you miss everything that gets posted...

anyway here is Starfall for anyone who is interested since he's been built since this was announced.
Dream Axis
Dream Axis
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next