Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 7 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Lyntermas Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Rolf winced as the monstrosity's slam broke his shield, but now he was ready. He generated the orbs and slammed them down onto the ground, forming the summoning circle. The pillar of flame appeared that quickly resolved itself into Adara.

Rolf's Standard Action:

Rolf winced as the monstrosity's slam broke his shield, but now he was ready.

"Hey, Rolfie, calling me back so..." Adara's eyes widened at the sight of the monstrosity, the assembled undead, and Zilean. "...Well, you certainly know how to show a girl a good time, don't you? So many baddies for me to smash." She conjured up her sword. "Well, let's get started shall we?" she said with a grin as she ran forward and started slashing the undead.

Adara's Standard Action:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:33 am

I take 7 damage slimy slam, but resist 1 damage from hound .

Come on, stun save!
Iron Wiiiiill: 17 (14+3ringofresilience)
Awwww yush

Jeraylia shoves her buckler into the large, unhinging maw of the hound beast, letting it worry at the metal rim. Unphased, she lifts it along and uses combines their weight into thrust kicking the swelling aberrant, sending it into a roll.

She starts up her singing again, returning to her brash rhythm.
"Yuck it up, boy, giggle with your ghoulies.
But, your hopeless punchlines will all fall through.
I'll give y'a tip, now, don't you squander it:
Make light o' us, we'll make light work o' you."

Okay, what I want to happen is that I kick the flesh heap back at Zilean. Can I make an athletics roll for it? (The rp is going to my head.)

Combat Log:

Tally: Take 7 damage, heal 8.
Result: Invigorating Strike AF#1 for 2 damage, Horizon gains 5 temps.

Jeraylia:

I've got to say we are rolling high for damage! I mean wow, dont go too crazy Razz
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Considering Zilean's attitude, his own strength, and the plausibility of the Paldins' usefulness, Horizon decides it was time for an experiment. Now is the time. Either he dies, or we all do. The voice resonates within the paladin's head, preying on his augmented fear, turning him towards the Lich. You must be the hero. End it. With a terror-fueled resolve, the Paladin takes up his holy weapon and charges the Lich, aiming to smite.

Paladin:

Yay for meat puppets. Hopefully ether Zilean eats a decent amount of damage, or the Paladin draws a reaction, and maybe even dies. Win/Win.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:16 pm

Siph launches a smiting charge at the monstrosity!

Combat:

The lich is mildly staggered by the blow from the paladin, the blow striking a reverberating barrier of some sort. "Well, aren't you bold. I think you need to cool it for a bit.", he remarks, blasting a thin blue ray from a finger, which wholly encases the holy warrior in ice!

Combat:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:57 pm

"Hmmm... hey Paladin!" Horizon calls out to Siph. He can feel his concentration beginning to fade, had to do something now. "How Holy would you consider your armor?" Before Siph can even hint at comprehension, more tendrils spring from beneath him, lifting him high in the air. "Good enough." With a flick of his wrist, the black magic arms propel Siph forward, driving him and his sanctified Armor down, plowing into the monster. As Horizon predicted, the holy plating reacted with the undead flesh, setting it alight. Meanwhile, Horizon throws his pseudo-scythe into the air. It rotates slowly, and seems to split, becoming four shadowy versions of itself. Another wrist flick, and the Hexblade sends his weapon hurtling at the beast, each shadow weapon piercing it like vicious needles, tearing at the amalgamated flesh, before returning to their master. With just a hint of flourish, as the four come together into one solid weapon once again, Horizon leaps at the monster, grabbing the scythe and plunging its blade straight into the nearest conceivable "head", sinking it to the hilt.

Combat:

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:06 am

The monstrosity suddenly emits a spray of rancid, acrid liquid all over the area, causing choking and wheezing, and then whirls once again, slapping everyone with a modicum of force!

The aberrant fleshpile that Zilean mutated has grown to be more formidable now, having almost doubled its size, and gained some extra 'bony' parts!

The skeletal beast redirects its focus from Jeraylia, to tackling Rolf!

"Don't mind me, I'm just doing SCIENCE here!", Zilean yells, his attention and magic focused on the other aberrant fleshling, which starts to bloat and swell as well...

Combat:

Zthulan's up. Double-check the stuff for inconsistencies, as this is a sleep-deprived post.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Horizon, whose focus had been fading, is covered by the liquid. He doesn't worry about it, instead focused on the flailing blow about to be delivered. Before the monster's swing can strike him, he summons all the effort he can into his weapon. His scimitar falls free from the pole arm, which flattens and distends into something like a half-shell. The monster crashes through it easily, striking Horizon- but not before the shards of the shield embed themselves in the monster, and begin to tear through its limb of their own accord. As Horizon hits the ground, he blacks out, and the magic shards disappear.

Save/Interrupt combo:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:17 am

Despite being told otherwise, Zthulan decided that watching Horizon falling a second time warranted some aid.  Quickly calling upon the tortured souls within the the abomination, he gathers the necessary energy for his spells.  Whimpering from the collective misery and anguish of the spirits around him, the shaman channels it into righteous fury to bring numerous blessings to those around him,, Horizon being the primary target.  He uses the remaining energy to buffet the skeleton hound that is latched onto Rolf while Koras batters at the Paladin's frozen prison.

Save for Pip loss: 14 + 3 (Ring of Resilience)
Combat:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:49 am

"That last rush was a bit wimpy, let's give it another go!" Adara rushes through her foes once more, hacking and slashing as she goes, and even manages to chip off some of the ice off of the frozen paladin.

Adara's Action:

"Get off me, you undead mutt!" Rolf tries to get the skeleton hound off of him, hoping that Adara's slash might do the trick.
Rolf's Action:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Adara's attack is largely effective - it frees the ice-blocked paladin, releases Rolf from the hound's grasp, and causes both of the flesh abominations to burst into intert mounds, but not before coating Adara and those nearby in a mutation-cultivated, highly-caustic goop in a volatile chemical burst.

Combat:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:40 am

Rolf gave a sigh of relief as he felt the skeletal hound go limp after Adara's attack. "Great work, Adara!" he said, pushing the corpse off and standing up. "Now it's time...for..."

Rolf gave a scream of pain as he felt the acidic goop slam into him after the two monsters exploded. "Okay, fewer enemies standing means it's ACTUALLY time to recuperate." Rolf put up a shield spell as he tried to figure out what to do next. "We should probably try killing those things BEFORE they get bloated in the future."

Rolf's Action:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:31 am

Save against Ichorous Spray: 23 (20(booyahcrit!) + 3trinket).
Save against Daze(IronWill): 12 (9+3trinket)

Jeryalia covers herself with her cloak as the Monstrosity spews out ichor, shielding herself from the worst of the effects. She flips her cape back dramatically, fluidly moving into a stance ready for a charge.
"An oportune moment for experiments,
I say this current situation is not.

No tests to be run, no measurements wrote,
Only justice dealt and your geists to rot.

Rather, spend them quivering in yon boots,
'Tis thine hour of recompense.

For your sins, Pelor will judge in fullness,
and by our hands, his will commence."

As she finishes her verse, her sword lights up and sends out a wave of holy energy that momentarily stuns her foes. In the created interim, Jeraylia rushes Zilean, striking down with her sword.

"Do you recall what they say, Zilean?
About one's fate, you courageous knave?

I would say in your case it's almost true.
For, you see, your fortune favors the grave!"

Combat Log:

Chose not to give Adara an extra go, since we're back down to two enemies (for now) and Siph does wicked single target holy damage. So, everyone gets an extra swing! Sorry, Zarhon, that's why I'm only doing this once, since it clogs/confuses up this post system. Remember, if you do a damaging talent, you get to roll an extra d8 damage! Now go nuts. Though I hit Zilean (purely for flavor) I think we should focus on the Monstrosity.

Tally: Take 8 damage. Gain resist 9.
Result: Aria of vengeance gives Zthulan, Rolf, Horizon and Siph an immediate standard action. Invigorating Strike hits Zilean for 5 damage, Paladin on lowest health (since I'm not sure who that is) gains 5 temps.

Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:43 pm

The paladin, suddenly free from both the ice and the gripping presence, turns his fear-addled mind to a single notion- he hefts his weapon and charges at the abomination.

Paladin uses his basic damage move.

Disregard

Last edited by A1C Bronymous on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:29 am

Taking this opportunity Zthulan covers the entire group in a very weak blessing.

Immediate Action:
Stats:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 am

Horizon wakes up some time around Jeraylia's third Stanza. Laying on his back, he looks at the sky, and he feels cold. Cold, but not empty. He feels... good, fine, alive. Good enough. He gets to his feet, and can feel the strain in his legs, the bruises across his battered body. He just waits, does what comes naturally to him, and watches the scene. He takes in his information, picks up his scimitar, and draws his kukri. It feels warm in his hand, comfortable. Right. Weapons drawn, he prepares to fight again.

Extra Action:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:33 am

Invigorated by Jeraylia's song, Rolf lobbed a set of magic missles toward his undead foes.

Extra Action:

Stats:

OOC: I'm assuming that this "extra action" does not mean it was "my turn", which would give me +2 pips for not taking damage, but that my shield spell would be finished.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Siph, inspired by song, goes for a good ol' smiting on the giant oozing horror.

Combat:

Should now be Pala1's turn, done by Brony (I technically already did/rolled that one, but Horizon retconned it so...), then Siph's/mine, then Horizon's again.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:31 pm

Whilst the first paladin goes to strike the Abomination, Siph unleashes a flurry of attacks!

Combat:

Horizon's up.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 am

The monsters. So... interesting. Not terrifying, not intimidating. Like an Alchemist watches a newly formed mixture, half wanting it to make gold, half wanting it to explode and burn everything... a maniacal kind of interest, as fear no longer grips him. He thinks carefully, and wills himself to delve back into the cold, just deep enough to get what he needs. He has power, but it does not need to control him...

Damage Control:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:36 am

The paladins do what they do best: Smite things, with a vengeance.

Combat, Paladins:

The monstrosity, meanwhile, shudders from the repeated assaults, and disgorges more creatures than it did the previous times. Well, 'more' is an understatement - after disgorging more of the shapeless blobs of animated flesh, the creature loses a massive chunk of its frame to disgorge the decayed, thicky-furred hulk of a rather strange exotic animal. The creature, draped in corroded and stained tatters of decorative, brightly colored cloths, with a large pair of ivory tusks and a strange trunk, seems to have lost any docile tendencies it once had, as it charges at the first paladin, sweeping with its natural, far-reaching armaments and a thunderous noise!

Oooh, I've never seen one of those before! This is truly becoming something of a circus now, isn't it?, Zilean mocks, conjuring up three orbs of fire for the seemingly sole purpose of juggling them.

Combat, Bad Guys:

Zthulan's turn!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 am

That's just great, muttered Zthulan.  Watching the current damage the newest addition to the fight caused he quickly tries to counter it, with moderate results.
Combat:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:35 pm

"Not the best circus I've seen," Adara said as she readied her blades. "The attractions are lifeless, the elephant is clearly suffering from malnutrition, and the clown's a talentless hack." She then struck with a flurry of slices.
Adara's Action:

"I think I'll follow your lead, Adara. A little crowd control is in order." Rolf pulled out his wand of fireballs, sending gouts of flame at the monstrosity. The impacts sent chunks of burning flesh flying toward the rest of the undead.

Part of Rolf was wondering just how more the monstrosity could take. Even with the creatures the house-sized abomination disgorged and the holy attacks the paladins were providing (honestly, Rolf couldn't imagine trying to take this thing on without them), the monstrosity was still going.

The other part of Rolf was wondering if the use of fireballs was the best idea.
Rolf's Action:

Summary: All enemies take 13 damage.

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:07 am

The fiery attacks take out the small fleshy aberrations, but have less of an effect on the elephant. They also cause Zilean to fumble his juggled fireballs, all three of which fly in an arc and explode on landing! The combined conflagrations, both intentional and accidental, also cause the Monstrosity to ignite once more!

Combat:

"Well, if that's how you feel, maybe I'll just leave!", the lich rants in annoyance afterwards, and vanishes with a snap of his bony fingers.

Fleshpiles are dead, Zilean's vanished, Monstrosity is 'on fire' (5) and bloodied, elephant not bloodied. Pala1 is at 2 hp. Pala2 (Siph) is at 14 hp. Pala3 is at 10 hp. Pala4 (Stanley) is at 15 hp.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:42 am

Jeraylia is knocked aside by the mammoth, but feeling invigorated, she ignores the pain and charges Zilean, only for him to disappear. She growls with rage.
"Flee then, coward! But know I will find you. Today, tomorrow, however long it takes. This I promise. And I never back out of a promise."
She cuts through the fallout of the plunging fireball and leaps to side of the mammoth as it comes back around. Grabbing a tusk, she swings her weight around in an attempt to trip it up.

Previously:
Thanks to be prepared, I resist 9 of the Mammoths damage, reducing it from 17 to 8.
I heal 6 thanks to amazing grace.
I use my magic sword to reduce fireball damage by half from 9 to 5.
Magic Sword:

My turn:
Combat Log:

Result: Zilean is oathed upon viciously, no in-game effect. Mammoth takes 4 damage and is subjected to Demand Duel.

Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:02 am

Horizon shakes himself into focus as the fireball comes crashing down. He rolls away, but still feels the force of the explosion. Even so, he manages to draw two throwing knives, and upon standing he launches them back at Zilean, both striking him just as he snaps his fingers.

Reaction:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 23 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 23  Next