Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 8 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Siph decides to delay his action for a bit, waiting to see what Horizon does next.

To simplify combat, I'm going to delay Siph's turn to be right after Horizon's. So the new turn order will be:

Zthulan
Rolf
Jeraylia
Pala1 (Controlled by Horizon)
Horizon
Pala2 (Siph)
Pala3
Pala4 (Stanley)
MONSTER
1x elephant
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:42 pm

The Paladin, nearly defeated, decides its now or never. Calling on all his holy training, beseeching his gods and saints for their assistance, he raises his weapon, and charges at the abomination with reckless abandon, plunging his blade deep into its necrotic flesh.

Horizon recovers from the explosion, and stops, waiting to see if the lich might return.

Pala1:

Horizon:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:57 pm

The paladins, hurting from assaults, decide to shield each other, lest the fire overtake them.

Combat - Palas:

The Monstrosity, bathed in flame again, slows down, disgorging from itself another hound!

Baddies:

Elephant is bloodied. Fire at 7. Zthulan is stunned unless someone can kill the hound. Koras is still controllable (assuming he's not out of hp).
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:02 pm

"You know, I've always been a dog person but this city is really making me think I should become a cat person once we kill Zilean for good!"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:15 pm

Jeryalia bashes the Elephant in the eye with her Buckler, hindering its thrashes.

Using Iron Shield and resolving demand duel proc.

Reactions:

Result: Jeraylia on 1 life (after taking lose 5 life and Mammoth damage blocked). Mammoth takes 2 damage (was really hoping for a crit there XD).

Jeraylia:

Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:35 am

"Alright, I'm finally ready for my super attack! I'm going to smash that blob into oblivion!"

"Um, Adara, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think a little more crowd control might be needed here."

"Seriously? But I've been crowd controlling forever now!"

"Adara, Zthulan's pinned, Jeraylia and some of these paladins are barely standing, and if that monstrosity get ignited any further (like, say, from your super attack), I'm pretty sure a building's going to catch on fire. Just wait a little bit longer while I cool that blob down."

"...Fine. But so help me, if that blob decides to go down before I smash it, there will be hell to pay."

Adara's Action:

Rolf's Action:

Summary: All enemies take 4 damage, Monstrosity's Searing Heat trait is reduced to 0.
Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Jeraylia releases her grip on the mammoth's tusk and tumbles along the ground into a kneel. She takes a moment to wrangle her breath into shape before forcing herself to stand. She attempts what costs the least energy to perform.
"Hey big ears! Nice clown shoes you have. Oh wait, they're your feet. I'm sorry, what with your big stompers and ridiculously stupid face, I thought you were the next act!"

Combat:

Result: Mammoth subjected to Mocking Melody (save ends).

Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:35 pm

The Lich did not return.

Fair enough, Horizon decides its time for action- or, actually, time for a breather. Fear... there was no fear from that monster. But there was fear of that monster. Horizon does not let his fear consume him- this time, he draws upon the power of the terror hanging about to fuel him. Much more clear-headed, again he reaches out with his puppet strings, and takes hold of what little mind the beast had. Latching onto it's consciousness, he now feeds into what he had before fed off of, instilling the concept of fear into the monster, and then implanting the terror itself... and taking control.

Combat:

EDIT: BUT BEFORE THAT HAPPENED-

The Paladin, somehow still on his feet, now knows that his Faith is protecting him, the God of Light willing him to victory. He raises his weapon and calls forth Heavenly Wrath, striking at the two monsters.

Paladin Combat (Before Horizon):
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:28 am

The Mammoth catches fire and disintegrates under the focused holy assault of the paladin. One of the paladins, inspired, goes for the Abomination, whilst the other two focus on keeping the wounded protected.

Combat, Paladins:

The Abomination, appears hesitant to act - as if it's suddenly gained an intelligence and is weighing its actions...

Mammoth is dead, leaving only a Hound (keeping Zthulan stunned) and the Abomination itself (which is looking rather weak now). Horizon now controls that turn (or two if it doesn't save immediately).

Its  combat stuff are as follows:
Abomination Controls:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:43 am

The abomination, now acting in accordance with Horizon's wishes, slams the Hound with its slimy bulk.

Turn 1 OOC:

Once it has done so, the abomination feels the need to destroy itself- dislodging yet another monster in order to do so.

Turn 2 OOC:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:17 pm

The hound is sent flying by the force of the unnatural appendage. It doesn't get up from its subsequent landing.

In contrast to the vicious, undead forms disgorged earlier, the Abomination disgorges the thin, emaciated, dark-skinned body of a thin female humanoid. After a moment, she suddenly jolts with a scream and gets up, uneasy in step. Her eyes display terror, confusion and trauma. Her body seems to be barely functional and heavily wounded.

New Creature:

Hound is dead (and Zthulan can act again). New creature can be targeted as ally or enemy.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:13 pm

[[Exams suuuuuuuuck]]

Finally free from the fetid flesh hound, Zthulan watches in horrified fascination that someone lived through being part of that...  thing!  Deciding someone who leaves that monster in such a state probably is worth the risk of helping.

I'm helping!:
Spoiler:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:09 am

Reroll effect:

The unknown female's eyes show sign of lucidness, but she is still addled with confusion.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:41 am

"...Huh, I'm a bit surprised that the Abomination would attack its own...thing it vomited, as opposed to all of us. And I'm not quite sure that whatever it just dislodged is actually undead (which I must say is rather surprising)."

Rolf glanced over at the dark-energy-infused Horizon, who seemed to be concentrating on the Abomination. "...Well, whatever the reason, I've got no complaints. And I think that poor woman might be one of the devas Jeraylia saw, best not to attack her."

"Well, if the new girl isn't an enemy, that means we've only got one enemy left. Which means..." Adara looked at Rolf expectantly.

Rolf sighed. "Go ahead, do your super attack."

"Yay!" With a grin, Adara built up energy into her feet, which then released as bursts of flame propelling her higher and higher up into the air. The bursts stopped, with Adara seeming to reposition herself in at the apex point. Then the bursts restarted, propelling her downwards, sword at the ready, as her body started glowing hotter and hotter.

"METEOOOOOR SMAAAAAAASH!" Adara's flaming body slammed into the Abomination, sending chunks of flesh flying everywhere.

Adara's Action:

Rolf took a moment to take in the spectacle with a smirk. And to see whether or not Adara's attack would require another use of the extinguisher.
Rolf's Action:

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:59 pm

The Abomination once again bursts into flame from the explosive conjuration!

Abomination has fire 7 again, and one turn per round. Still dominated.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Jeraylia slumps to one knee, accosted by the heat of the battle.
"I need a drink," she states tiredly, an absentminded hand going to her hipflask. Taking a swig, she instead finds a medicinal taste flowing down her throat. Despite downing the bottle, she is still thirsty, so she grabs the next flask. This time drink was little more than just rejuvenating.
"Wow, that had some kick," she exclaimed, feeling remarkably refreshed. She'd have to remember to call in a few favors and get some more of those particular 'Healing Potions'.

Combat:
Wow, rolled a crit dice on the Dwarven 'Healing Potion', does that mean I actually crit?
In case of crit:
Save throw against Daze at end of turn: 13 ( 10+3 ) saved.

Result: Jeraylia heals 16, saves against self inflicted daze, and has +5 on next damaging ability. Thank you, Stoutbottom. Your sacrifice has been worth it.

Jeraylia:
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:50 pm

As she calms down and recuperates, Jeraylia by chance spots an outstretched, feminine hand, frantically grasping at the air from within the disgusting blob, mere feet from herself. The hand's coloration and movement suggests blood is still coursing through the veins...

See OOC and continue/fix turn, Jerry. Then Horizon's stuff.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:07 am

Your absolutely right. I was in a hurry this morning, and didn't read the instructions close enough, thought it gave me it after a save. Also, weakened until end of next round.

Jeraylia, feeling the buzz of good health, makes a courageous, but not advisable, reach into the flaming abomination to draw out a fellow being.
"Hello, we are your heroes for today. Please find a safe place to stand and have a nice day."

I think she should probably leave unless she can't hold back her anger.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:49 pm

The Deva stands still for a few tense moments, then gives Jeraylia a sobbing hug. She then flees in a clumsy fashion.

Morale Bonus!:

Is Horizon tiem.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Zarhon wrote:All allies get +1 pip, and regen1 (till KO'd)! Horizon can choose not to, if morale bonuses are not his style.

Why in fuck would I choose not to?

The Paladin, a little drained from his last attack, and more importantly, sensing that support is needed, calls up a holy ward once again, blessing Zthulan and Jerraylia, and condemning the abomination.

Horizon glances towards the Devas, barely regarding them, but knowing something is being done right. He takes a knee, trying to regain his strength- he has a feeling this isn't even close to over yet.

Paladin:

Horizon:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:31 pm

Siph orders a full-out attack on the abomination! The others comply, inspired.

Paladins:

The Abomination's size greatly diminishes. It's looks to be on its last legs, sped up by the almost raging wildfire!

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:52 pm

Horizon is unable to keep the abomination from unleashing its fiery heat, but at least keeps it pacified. It sits and waits, even as the heat manages to break Horizon's concentration.

Cant do anything about its trait, so 7 damage to everyone. Otherwise, skipping its turn.
Save against Dom: 17-2=15, saved.

Better get it now.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:23 pm

The Deva, in a fit of confused, but focused rage, turns to assault the Abomination - irrationally throwing nearby debris at it, and trying to punch it ineffectually.

Combat - Traumatized Deva #1:
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:16 am

Embolden by what just occurred Zthulan continues administrating aid to the others.

Combat:
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:40 am

"Aww, thanks for the healing, sweetie," Adara said, "But next time I'd use it on someone a little more flesh and blood; I'll end up fine no matter how the battle goes. Besides, when I make an exit, I go out with a bang. Did you all enjoy that Meteor Smash as much as I did? Hell, I think I'm up for doing another right now-"

"Adara, I'm afraid that this opponent WILL burn the town down if you don't at least give me a chance to cool it down first. ...Although I must confess, it did look really cool."

"Oh, Rolfie, you're such a charmer," Adara said as she slashed at some of the remaining undead mass.

Adara's Turn:

As Rolf used the extinguisher once again, he tried to assess the situation. The Abomination was on its last legs, but he didn't know by how much. The paladins could bring the damage, but what they really needed was time.

Rolf conjured up his Thunder Hammer. He started swinging it above his head, as it gained more and more electricity. Rolf kept building up energy more and more, until he finally launched the fully-charged hammer at the Abomination. Normally, Rolf would have saved such a spell for major crowd control, but the result was as expected: the lightning coursed through the Abomination, with whatever it considered muscles and nerves locking it up, leaving it completely helpless for a time.
Rolf's Turn:

Summary: Abomination takes 18 damage, loses 5 off its Searing Heat trait, and is stunned until the end of Rolf's next turn.

Stats:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next