Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

+8
AProcrastinatingWriter
Inferno1114
XandZero2
Snaitf
LoganAura
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
Commander Shepard
12 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot - Page 6 Empty Re: Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

Post  LoganAura Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:44 am

I'm sorry to say (Wait not really)

I'm not playing anymore. I quit. I guess I got used to a bit of a lighter and player friendly way of dming and I can't really hand Shepard's more brutal way. (Er, that sounds mean. Sorry. Can't think of another way to word it now.)

Pristine's gonna head straight home next session and get his hair and mane fixed, and yes I mean home. The town can be doctorless for a little while but he'll send somepony to help them later.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:52 am

http://pastebin.com/T9A10UK9
The party suffered a possible total meltdown tonight. After throwing the party a slight curveball, the rest of the party continues to party and gamble while black fire is trapped in a magic vault.
After the ship they are on is attacked midway through, the party saves the captain, steals his key, steals some stuff in the vault, takes what they came for, and leaves the crew to drive the doomed ship while they airship off with the guests.
Then they tortured the primary quest giver and mayor of the town, and some ponys were surprised when she struck back.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFellowshipHasEnded Pristine Page has left the party.

And AlicornPriest can't make next week's session.

Ah well, it was a moderately enjoyable run.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Actually, it appears at least some of the players are having fun and would like to stay on. I guess we are currently looking for at least 1 replacement pony now.

Be warned, the story to this point is dark and convoluted.
\
Also, the party has reached level2 so please update your sheets.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:42 am

Commander Shepard wrote:Actually, it appears at least some of the players are having fun and would like to stay on. I guess we are currently looking for at least 1 replacement pony now.

Be warned, the story to this point is dark and convoluted.
\
Also, the party has reached level2 so please update your sheets.

Hey CS,

I think I have a player if we still need another to join up. My brother's been showing a recent interest in the PT system, and he'd be willing to join up I believe. He can contact you tomorrow if there's still room, but I'd still want to make absolutely sure PP was out first though.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

I'm done with the game.
Like, seriously.
He can have my spot. And no, Pristine can't be used as an NPC Shep, he's heading home and as far away from this murder mystery/Artifact hunting as possible.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:27 pm

We are still looking for a sixth member.

We will be starting at the usual time, 9 PM EST, on skype. I will have some sort of skype dice roller program active. The party did level up so make sure your level 2 stats are in.

The session may end an hour early. If so, anytime over the next week, players can have a 1-2 hour solo session to wrap up RP .
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:34 pm

I'll try to make up a character in one day to join then... Assuming my lack of a Mic is alright...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:39 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I'll try to make up a character in one day to join then... Assuming my lack of a Mic is alright...

I can't speak for Everypony Xel, but I don't think we've been using mics all that much, so I don't think it would be a real problem.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:44 am

Some ponies want to use more mics but we typically use chat. After reviewing former logs through a parser and finding one member fudging rolls with 90% certainty, I can't trust self rolling
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 am

Alright then, any limits about what my character can be?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:57 am

nope. just let me know whether you want to be someone who lives in town or someone who has come from afar to answer the call to adventura
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Well I've made my pony, and she's not native to Greensdale, but a traveler looking for a new place to call home... Hope you all like her, she's a Zebra Potion Making Pegasus. (Note to self: NEXT few ponies I make must not have a Cutie Mark in Arcana...)

Zeela the Pony
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:57 pm

Oh look, you have a dark and brooding past. I think you will fit in just fine.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Well I've made my pony, and she's not native to Greensdale, but a traveler looking for a new place to call home... Hope you all like her, she's a Zebra Potion Making Pegasus. (Note to self: NEXT few ponies I make must not have a Cutie Mark in Arcana...)

Zeela the Pony

ZEBRA!!!!

-Kind of.

Remember you need to be Lvl 2, Xel, but I like that you have some resist/temp HP/Healing abilities. You might want to consider one really high-PiP cost ability, but it's up to you. I know you've got at least one ability that could be 4 PiPs, so that could work.

-And you know CS, Zeela looks to have had a happier background than most of us so far, actually.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AlicornPriest Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 pm

So, having jumped up to level 2, we each got to change one move, earned a Utility Ability, and gained a Trait, correct?
Comm. Shepard, I've done so. It's here.
AlicornPriest
AlicornPriest
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:Well I've made my pony, and she's not native to Greensdale, but a traveler looking for a new place to call home... Hope you all like her, she's a Zebra Potion Making Pegasus. (Note to self: NEXT few ponies I make must not have a Cutie Mark in Arcana...)

Zeela the Pony

Its witchcraft is a unicorn racial talent btw Sad
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:42 pm

XandZero2 wrote:

Zeela the Pony

ZEBRA!!!!

-Kind of.

Remember you need to be Lvl 2, Xel, but I like that you have some resist/temp HP/Healing abilities. You might want to consider one really high-PiP cost ability, but it's up to you. I know you've got at least one ability that could be 4 PiPs, so that could work.

-And you know CS, Zeela looks to have had a happier background than most of us so far, actually.
Well my combat plans are more for Zeela to be a counter-striker type of pony... So most of her combat damage would be form reacting to the Enemy attacks. At lest that's my plan... But if you really think I should get myself a high-pip costing skill with my counter-strike combat plans in mind, I'll get Second Sunrise. And personally I'm proud of all the flavor I added to my "Winged Zebra". XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:

Zeela the Pony

Its witchcraft is a unicorn racial talent btw Sad
But what about the fact I've got Pinkie Brew? I swear that lets me take It's Witchcraft...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:57 pm

I Can't find pinkies brew in any of the books?
Could be I'm just bad at this
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:I Can't find pinkies brew in any of the books?
Could be I'm just bad at this
It's in The Talent Show.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh horseapples... I've just realized that Fridays at Nine isn't going to be good for me (other then this night) Cause starting next week I'll have class then. And at best I'd just be joining late... I'm deeply sorry cause I was really hoping to make this my second weeky game... But it looks like you might only get me for tonight. Sad

Edit: If you all still want me, even if it is for just one night, I've finalized Zeela's stats... Assuming that The Talent Show skills are alright.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Yeah, Talent show is fine. I hadn't seen it before, but now I can keep min maxing bosses with this new information.

Make sure you grab us on skype. I think some people posted their skype address's, or you can PM me.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:43 am

Well I had a fun crazy time... And hope I'll be able to catch next time... But who knows how long it'll take and stuff.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Let me start by saying that the session was much more confusing then it should have been. If I had had more time, I probably could have portrayed LCB's stance less rushed and crazylike. So here is what is was supposed to be:

In the show, ponies are pretty much supreme rulers. Cows, Dogs, Buffalo, and other citizens of Equestria are second class, they have to do whatever the ponies tell them to do, when they say it, and nopony questions this superiority ( even Team Rainbow Spike Dash has to learn the secret buffalo truth before they bother to care about the appaloosa apple orchard) . I suspect only a particularly deviant ruler would allow this. But it goes much deeper. The history presented in the show is obviously false. When the new nations are planted in what would become Equestria, they have the equestrian flag of celestia and luna chasing each other's tails.(Hearts Warming Eve.) But according to the narrator at the beginning of the story, Celestia and Luna won't arrive for thousands of years. And according to the story, the ponies lived in harmony after the Hearts Warming Eve WITHOUT CelestiaLuna. Upon the Celestia and Luna Arrive to Defeat Discord And Overthrow Unicornia To Unite the Nations event, a chaotic good band of unicorn rebels would live on. So, in my game world, the New Unicornia Republic has lived on all these years through a secret underground society of the Illuminati ( The sun raising unicorns. ) They keep the true history of Celestias abuse's, like her cruelty ( two tickets for six people?) , her indifference ( snubbing twilight at the gala ), her confused and rushed explanations ( why did the elements of harmony banish luna to the moon the first time, but turn her into a little girl the second time ?).

In this alternate world I have presented, Celestia is cruel and wicked. She can fly, but has heavily weighted guards carry her everywhere on an immense armored platform. Celestia has suppressed most scientific research and study, which is why the only great scholars in the last few thousand years all came from thousands of years ago. She recognizes that Twilight could one day be strong enough to defeat her, and is a bearer of the element of magic. She can't bring herself to outright kill a foal, so instead she keeps her reading books constantly. Then, when Twilights day comes and Celestia needs her to defeat Nightmare Moon, Celestia kills two birds with one stone and sends Twilight on a fool errand to make some friends. When she completes the elements of harmony, saving Celestia, Celestia takes all the elements away so she cant use them, and banishes her to Ponyville to ' learn about the magic of friendship ', further impeding Twilights studies and maximizing the amount of time Celestia has before she needs to have Twilight assassinated. Celestia, who formerly bore all six elements, could have taught her about friendship at any time, but kept Twilight so busy she couldnt even buy a present for her somewhat friends in the pilot episode.

However, in my campaign notes, I made sure to include the Jim Raynor effect. This is stolen from Starcraft 2, where whichever choice you make automatically ends up being the right one. So when the party sided with Celestia over LCB, it turns out Celestia is a benevolent tea drinking saint and LCB is an insane life stealing villain. I have also unlocked LCB as a boss who can no longer use god mode magic against you unopposed.

And so for a summary of last night:
The party was server court summons for two trials caused by their actions around town.
The party harrassed a senile old man for awhile, stealing his magical necklace and taking books from his private collection. They also took the Staff of Discord ( having been warned repeatedly about its dark power of Disharmony). Fortunately, someone was kind enough to brew up a potion for the old man to help him with his concussion, and they cleaned up some of the books in the library. The party then left to investigate something the librarian said about the city mayor. On their way to the mayor's house/spa, they encounter the same black racing suited pegasus, now labeled Dark Racer, Racer X, That Guy Who Stole My Food. Storm Cloud challenges him to a battle instead of a race, and goes head to head. The rest of the party gets some popcorn and roots for the dark racer instead of Storm Cloud. Storm Cloud eats a feedback wave, and finds his own spells interrupts and recast on him. When Storm Cloud withdraws from the fight, the dark racer sucker punches him in the face and flies away.

They get to the spa and find Theorycraft inside, bandaged. Some of the party gets a spa treatment, resulting in a +1 morale bonus. The party shares all the information between each other they have learned while seperated. They then enter the mansion to confront Lady Candlebright. LCB raves for awhile about some crazy anti celestia stuff, but it turns out this was just a changeling ( or a super changeling, as it were. ) The Changeling attempts to flee but is easy caught, spending its time mocking the party by turning into them. They paralyze it and force it to tell them the truth, but quickly use up their questions. They find the real Lady Candlebright, but find out that crazy anti Celestia stuff they heard before is true. The party divides on this issue with 4 for Celestia, 1 for LCB, and an abstain. For some reason they feed the changeling love by letting it transform into Zeela. Zeela's love for herself powers the changeling, who then uses Zeela's potion knowledge to free itself from the paralyzation. It attempts to fly away but is body slammed by three party members. In a show of magical force, they convince LCB using friendship powers to let them hold onto the changeling as a pet because Zeela loves it so much. Because she loves herself.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:15 pm

I'd like to add that while it didn't pop up in the game... I don't think Zeela loves herself is why she wanted that Changeling... But she really does have feelings for the shapeshifter, because it's a shapeshifting pony and that just seems cool in her mind. Even if I end up thanks to being too drained form my classes to join any future games, I felt the need to add this point...

EDIT: Also I'd like to say that I deeply believe that Zeela is being effected by the Staff of Discord, partly because of her being part Zebra, partly because of who her dad is, and partly because of her upbringing just makes her naturally easily influenced by the Staff... Hell I'd say she'll most likely be taken fully over by Discord himself if she touches the thing. And Zeela has only just a feeling that something bad is effecting her but she has not a clue WHAT is effecting her.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next