Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

+8
AProcrastinatingWriter
Inferno1114
XandZero2
Snaitf
LoganAura
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
Commander Shepard
12 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot - Page 3 Empty Re: Season 1 Episode 1: Pilot

Post  LoganAura Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:33 am

Let me make it clear that Pristine was drunk for the majority of the session. That's why one sip of cider sent him over the edge.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 am

Disharmony is Magic.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:40 pm

LoganAura wrote:Let me make it clear that Pristine was drunk for the majority of the session. That's why one sip of cider sent him over the edge.

^I still think Theorycraft would have gotten under PP's skin even if he had been sober (;

-TC has a way of doing that, especially when somepony tries to stuff his mouth every five minutes.

BTW - Commander Shepherd, what are your thoughts on altering characters between sessions? Can we change combat abilities and/or utilities?
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Im not a big fan of altering a character mid campaign. Im not sure changing your choices is allowed?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:48 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:Im not a big fan of altering a character mid campaign. Im not sure changing your choices is allowed?

^I've heard Stairc allows his players to make changes, but as far as I understand, it's up to each individual GM to make their own call. I thought Stormy had been changed up a bit, so that's why I was asking. I was considering the possibility of switching up one of my Freaky Knowledge focuses (possibly Interrogation?) for Intimidation. I can survive without it, but after playing that first session, I found myself using Intimidation a lot. I thought it might better suit my playstyle.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Snaitf Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:04 pm

the "changes" made in my character was just correcting errors and specifying what my specialty was. I'm also not a big fan of making changes to characters myself, because I feel I would have to explain why those changes occurred, even if it as simple as, "the powers that be decided it was too dangerous for me to be my original race." (that example was the reasoning a friend of mine use to explain his character changing his race)

Snaitf
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:58 am

Stairc/Dan said that it's flexible for his games just so long as the pony themselves don't change fundamentally. Like cutie marks, backstories, actions in past sessions, etc. Between SESSIONS, though. Not mid game.

Also, Pristine is totally doing an autopsy on the dead dude with the Taurus symbol carved into his head. Unusual circumstances and all that Razz taking 20 on the appropriate roll to learn what happened to the Quack.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey guys,

This is a quick heads-up, but it looks like Hurricane Isaac is going to be giving me some issues come Tuesday night. It's quite likely I'll lose electricity for a couple days (and it could be up to a week or so until I get power back to my house - you never know for sure. We had power back after Katrina in less than a day, but after Gustav, it did take roughly a week).

If I'm not able to make it for the next game session, you'll know why.

Also, Theorycraft would be interested to hear what PP had to say after an autopsy on Quack - though, it would be up to PP as to whether he'd be willing to share that info.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Well, I kinda want to RP a convo with Theory, if it's ok with him, after Pristine sobers up a tad. That'll be the deciding factor on how much Pristine shares with Theory.

Edit: Of course now that I put this up, I lose what I want to say -_- Eh. Pristine is me.

Last edited by LoganAura on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:54 am

LoganAura wrote:Well, I kinda want to RP a convo with Theory, if it's ok with him, after Pristine sobers up a tad. That'll be the deciding factor on how much Pristine shares with Theory.

Convo? As in, conversation?

-I'll be looking forward to it (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Session two's episode is called " Wandering Minotaur Bard ".

We will be joined by two more players bringing us up to six.

After the original four characters finish up with the body, they each head home and prepare to watch the summer sun celebration in the morning. True, it's in Ponyville, but you can watch the sun rise from anywhere, even Greendale. In fact, this is the 1000th Summer Sun Celebration. Won't that be something special? Anyone who is anyone will be there in the town square. ( This is where session two will begin ).
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 am

Hey CS,

Quick question, but I didn't use my Twitchy Tail ability at all last session. It's a 2/session ability, so I was wondering - could I ask you two questions and have them count for last session? It's your call, and I'll understand if you say no, but I had to ask - as it would be nice to get my questions in (;

-I know just the questions I'd ask too.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 am

Same as above.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 am

If you can provide me with a good reason why you didn't ask the questions during the session, you can pm me the questions~ Just this once
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 pm

You know,

I read in the Player's Handbook/ Ponyhandler's Guide (don't remember which) that if you write letters/ do nice things between sessions, you could get some bonus harmony points if the GM felt generous. Well, I don't know if you're up for giving bonus RP or not, CS, but I thought I would start trying to write out Theorycraft's journal entries over the course of this campaign for fun and immersion's sake. Not sure if I'll have the time to write one every week, but here's to hoping!

I might eventually make a separate thread for these, but for now, enjoy Journal Entry 1!

Theorycraft's Journal
Greendale
Entry 1

True friendship has gone from this world.

All that remains are the lies created by smooth-talking ponyticians to make foals follow the status quo...

This world suffers from a fake friendship, the kind that festers in the heart, leaving its victims blind and lethargic, too stuffed on sugar, spice, and everything nice to pay attention to the nightmares that prance before their very eyes.

But when the sugar turns bitter and the candy grows stale, then the earth ponies, and the pegasi, and all the unicorns will have stomach aches. They'll look up and shout, “Antacids!”

… And I’ll look down, and say, “Neigh.”

It’s their complacency that leaves the spawn of Tartarus unchecked, the gates of Equestria open, and the orchards of Applelousa ripe for the picking. Don’t the foals see? They invite disaster upon their heads, for they believe themselves safe...

But nopony is safe. Not now. Not ever.

Tonight, Greendale showed me its true hooves. The hurricane I weathered was only the preface to a much greater storm yet to come.

The city stands on the precipice of disaster. Candlebright is too proud to look down from the cliffs and stare into the face of Tartarus – for she fears what may stare back – yet she contents herself merely to walk on blindly, leading her city straight into the abyss.

…Like sheep to the shearer.

If I do nothing, how many more will suffer the fate of the late Doctor Quack? How many more will be sheared from the flock, plucked from the branch like so many apples from the Apple family orchards?

There’s a murderer in Greendale, and he is no pony – I can feel it in my bones as sure as dragon’s scales, yet I still don’t know his game…

Is it Monopoly? Chess? Checkers? Parcheesi?

…And why did he kill the doctor? What was his motivation?

Was it sheer coincidence he murdered only the best and brightest healer in town?

Coincidence…

A word for the weak – those too lazy to think of anything more.

I don’t believe in coincidence, but I do believe in justice. This murderer must be stopped, but first I must find him, find him before he bucks again.

I have very little to go on as of yet though. He left his calling card and carved out his mark – Taurus – but after that the trail runs cold. What could the mark of the bull mean? A Minotaur? Some cult of Taurus? Or is it all a trick to distract me from Illumipony involvement?

And what of the others?

…The pegasus, the unicorn, the doctor.

I don’t trust that Pristine Page. His cutie mark’s too clean, his conscience too dirty. What does a pristine page even mean, and what is his specialty? Is it writing? Art? Mind-control? The ability to wipe out a memory and leave the spot blank like a newborn flank? Such power would be highly valued in an organization like the Illumipony… I must look into this further…

But first I need to find the murderer, and the others seem capable enough. Perhaps they’re not as blind to the truth as Candlebright seems to be. Perhaps they can prove useful on this case…

Only time will tell, but every moment that time ticks away, Taurus grows one step closer to striking again…

Last edited by XandZero2 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:44 am

Ill have to think on exactly how much exp to give for journals, but if you are going to write them, don't make half of it a word for word rip off of watchmen. heh. While hilarious, it doesn't exactly let everyone know what meaning you found in friendship, only that you are good at ad libs.

heh.
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 am

Written in careful precise mouth writing.
Pristine Page's amateur Psychological analysis. "Companion" comparison

Theorycraft: Conspiracy Theorist, and believes intimidation is the way to help everypony. Could do with learning Tact, and a less subtle manner of intimidation. IllogicallyUnusually minded, and vastly different than I. Best action: Learn about the proof behind his theories to see if they make sense to me.
Black Fire Unicorn: Caring pony, willing to go out of his way to help somepony else (Proven by caring for the endangered foals and making sure they were all right.) Best action: Speak with him?
Storm: Enigma. Unsure about any specific traits. Best action: Become Cider Buddies?

Honestly, I don't see the draw in making friends, but if we are the only 4 who know of Dr. Quack's true death, it would be best to get along with them. After I sober up more. Hangovers can bite my bucking flank all the way from here to Tartarus.
I have NO bucking clue how I saved the pony from the library while drunk of my flank and also did an autopsy.

Last edited by LoganAura on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:42 am

Hey now, can the new kids get in on this free XP writing assignment?

So Overcast got word of some backwoods town besieged by a Hurricane. I don't know how something like that just springs up, but apparently they don't have a weather team out there. So now they're sending out requests for support, and Overcast told Skyline to get someone on it. Lucky me. Apparently I was the only option, the others had something better to do. As if we all didn't have plans- the Summer Sun Celebration is tomorrow. But I guess my fun can wait til I get back. Sky is gonna owe me big for this.

It doesn't help that the place is three times as far away from White Tail Junction as Canterlot, and its not on the map, AND there's still storm activity all the way there. So I can't fly, and I'm stuck taking a damn train. Had to be up at 5 today, and I still won't be able to make it until early morning. Just in time to see the sunrise.

Skyline is gonna owe me SO much.

Last edited by Bronymous on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:01 am

Question for the DM: Are we allowed to change our character sheets between sessions? Stairc/Dan allows it in his game because Ponies change over time. I'm asking because I kinda want to switch Twitchy Tail out for Art of the Dress.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 am

Ill have to think on it, although my first reaction is that perhaps allow skill swaps during a level up. A freewheeling skill swap system kind of takes away from character identity, doesn't it?
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:19 am

Well, I was asking since "Twitchy Tail" doesn't fit what Pristine is coming out to be "Serious, no nonsense.", While Art of the Dress fits an Artist Pony.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:35 am

We were allowed a one time only Talent swap after our first session, once we had a chance to play through and decide what we liked or didnt like about our characters.

That, and it just happened to coincide with the Expansions coming out.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Commander Shepard wrote:Ill have to think on exactly how much exp to give for journals, but if you are going to write them, don't make half of it a word for word rip off of watchmen. heh. While hilarious, it doesn't exactly let everyone know what meaning you found in friendship, only that you are good at ad libs.

heh.

I didn't think half of it was "a word for word rip off," although I felt honor-bound to have the iconic "Neigh" and the "city on a precipice" bits. Everything else I wrote myself, trying to give it a Rorchachian flavor. It's mostly fresh stuff.

-Glad you liked the "game" joke (;

And the point of that entry is that TC hasn't learned anything about friendship, not yet. That's why he says in the first line or so that friendship is dead (:

BTW: Still got my power on, at least for the time being! Hope it stays!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander Shepard Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:13 pm

My Little Rorshach: Rivalry is Magic
Commander Shepard
Commander Shepard
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Character Sheet, if anyone's interested.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nMH3m-_AO-SlohSmdHo1Qa4c6Lwy_T5ZHAt3QDuHs2U/edit

I have other stuff, too: Backstory, list of NPC's, maps, etc.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next