Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 13 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:59 am

Reposting here form the Minor Actions topic, cause I don't got a clue how to answer it.

Greywander wrote:Bit of an odd question here, and I'd have to look through the official books again to see if any already exist, but: should [+] minor action talents be a thing? If they are, then it makes sense to take one and use it every turn for free pips (regardless of what the talent actually does), even if your build wouldn't normally need any minor action talents. This is particularly true right now when there aren't enough minor action talents for every character to be sure to have one. Now, this may not always be viable, but it just seems too easy.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 13 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:03 am

That's precisely why we DON'T have [+] minor action talents unless they come with massive drawbacks, similar to any talent above [+3].
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:17 am

Kindulas wrote:So is spiked armor...

Or just strike back.

One of my players Alpha Struck another, the other used Strike Back twice. Both fell unconscious.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:09 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:That's precisely why we DON'T have [+] minor action talents unless they come with massive drawbacks, similar to any talent above [+3].

...Or hurricane blade. But it is an "ult", so the drawback I guess is a down-payment of 7 since the other pip+ ability is weak compared to the other Elemental Weapons.

And thanks for the confirmation, even if it invalidates earlier things. We can "fracture" a S-E-A. Good.

I'd say the Regeneration items are too powerful for their cost in Item Hoard, they could be 1.5x or doubled in cost and still totally useful, if this page allows for balance ranting as well.
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:
Still wonderin'... Or did I miss my answer?

Think you missed your answer. =)

I guess so... 'cause I still can't find one Sad
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:09 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:That's precisely why we DON'T have [+] minor action talents unless they come with massive drawbacks, similar to any talent above [+3].

...Or hurricane blade. But it is an "ult", so the drawback I guess is a down-payment of 7 since the other pip+ ability is weak compared to the other Elemental Weapons.

And thanks for the confirmation, even if it invalidates earlier things. We can "fracture" a S-E-A. Good.

I'd say the Regeneration items are too powerful for their cost in Item Hoard, they could be 1.5x or doubled in cost and still totally useful, if this page allows for balance ranting as well.

We can absolutely discuss balance issues here. And yes, I except we undervalued passive regeneration in initial item balancing. Items never got out of beta actually, we're planning an expansion and revamp of the existing items shortly.

Grey Pen wrote:
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:
Still wonderin'... Or did I miss my answer?

Think you missed your answer. =)

I guess so... 'cause I still can't find one Sad

No problem. I'm not planning on putting together an official printable handbook myself yet because it would...

A) Take a long time to do well.

B) I'm not good at making things look pretty and professional.

C) Everything is constantly changing. The system isn't in what I'd call 'final draft' form yet.

With those three reasons combined, I'm definitely not going to sink time into this right now - but if you or someone else on the forums wants to; I'd love to see what you come up with. It sounds like a great Holiday Gift. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:56 pm

If you activate the 12 effect of Be Prepared and you are using one of the weapons are you limited to the weapons 5 talents or are you able to access all of your talents?
Additionally what about if you have a second weapon, will you be able to use its talents even while wielding the first weapon?
and what about if you have a weapon as one of your talents will you be able to use its talent while not wielding any weapon?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:19 pm

Doc pseudopolis wrote:If you activate the 12 effect of Be Prepared and you are using one of the weapons are you limited to the weapons 5 talents or are you able to access all of your talents?
Additionally what about if you have a second weapon, will you be able to use its talents even while wielding the first weapon?
and what about if you have a weapon as one of your talents will you be able to use its talent while not wielding any weapon?

I'm pretty sure that you don't technically have the talents that the weapon grants until you use the weapon talent.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:28 pm

SilentBelle is correct.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Makes sense, that answers 2 of my questions.
So if I'm using a weapon will I have access to non-weapon talents if I've gotten a 12 result for Be Prepared?
and if it is possible to use non-weapon talents what happens if you conjure a second weapon without dismissing the first, through use of Be Prepared?

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:I'm not planning on putting together an official printable handbook myself yet because it would...

A) Take a long time to do well.

B) I'm not good at making things look pretty and professional.

C) Everything is constantly changing. The system isn't in what I'd call 'final draft' form yet.

With those three reasons combined, I'm definitely not going to sink time into this right now - but if you or someone else on the forums wants to; I'd love to see what you come up with. It sounds like a great Holiday Gift. =)

If I can get GoogleDocs to behave, then...

A) I've got time (sometimes)

B) I'm good at making things look pretty and professional (sometimes)

C)...That one actually is a bit problematic. Probably what I'd do is rather than update it every time there's a change, I'd set some time aside to update it about once a month or so, and add everything there is to add all at the same time.

Soooo, we'll see! I'll look into the tech side of it, and then if I can I'll hop to it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:30 pm

That would be awesome. I'd like that for Christmas too!
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Kindulas wrote:
Boomstick copies all of the attacks effects, and *probably* each of Crescendo's blasts

I don't suppose you can give us a definitive answer here, Dan? I'm kind of curious as to the interaction between Boomstick and Crescendo as well.
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:12 pm

Now, you all back to work on getting the 8-point Racial system? :3
Or if you already were still working on that, how fair it go?

Also when will the basic blank character sheet get updated?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 am

Xel Unknown wrote:Now, you all back to work on getting the 8-point Racial system? :3
Or if you already were still working on that, how fair it go?

Also when will the basic blank character sheet get updated?
Updated how?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:50 am

They actually weren't the ones to make the original character sheet, I think.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 am

The sample sheet in google docs, doesn't yet have BRAWN on it last I checked... Also I figure it'd be nice to have an area for Denisties, Boons, and Items of the Utility and Combat. Or at least that'd be cool if it had that.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:00 am

Xel Unknown wrote:The sample sheet in google docs, doesn't yet have BRAWN on it last I checked... Also I figure it'd be nice to have an area for Denisties, Boons, and Items of the Utility and Combat. Or at least that'd be cool if it had that.
There is this totally different one for LL that is compatable. Doesn't have Utility Items or Boon spaces, but it's malleable. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/81036729/Living%20Legends%20Character%20Template.docx
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:13 am

Why isn't Smash and Grab a [+1] power, since it isn't as good as Siphon Life, Fireball, or even Headshot really.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:26 am

So puny mortals awesome and cool players. My 'baby' in the system is The Ritual Knife. Its the first thing I ever designed and I love it. However, I've noticed that because of the wording it can't be used to let you mess with reactions or interrupters. So I brought up a new version to Dan and after talking about it the new version is here for player feedback. So, thoughts?

*New*

Ritual Knife - 2500 Gold
Weapon
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Bloody Ritual - Free Utility [1/Battle]
Choose one of the following;
A) Pay 2 hp. If you do, immediately gain 1 pip
B) Pay 4 hp. If you do, immediately gain 2 pips
C) Pay 6 hp. If you do, immediately gain 3 pips

*Old*

Ritual Knife - 2000 Gold
Weapon
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent.

[0] Bloody Ritual - Standard Utility [1/Battle]
Choose one of the following;
A) Pay 2 hp. If you do, you may immediately use one of your [-1] combat talents as a free action without paying its pip cost.

B) Pay 4 hp. If you do, you may immediately use one of your [-2] combat talents as a free action without paying its pip cost.

C) Pay 6 hp. If you do, you may immediately use one of your [-3] combat talents as a free action without paying its pip cost.
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:15 am

"Free Utility"? Why not just have it be a Minor Utility? This would limit people from doing it right before Regen kicked in or other things like that. It would also prevent people from using it during extra granted standard actions like those granted by Royal Command.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 am

I agree, sometimes a free action plays more like a minor action. In fact I had build monsters with "free actions" that are more at their heart a Minor Action, and the only reason they weren't a Minor Action was that I built them before the latest update so I didn't fully know what Minor Actions were then.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:That would be awesome. I'd like that for Christmas too!

Well, it's probably not going to happen that fast; I'll need to talk to my dad about the tech side, and he's gonna be awfully busy the next couple of weeks, as will I. But I am determined now, and it shall be done, one way or another.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 pm

Where is Nehiel's new type ritual knife, and is it considered usable yet?
I love that item so much.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:26 pm

The answer is as always... Ask the GM if you may. Then go from there. Razz
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next