Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 28 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Philadelphus Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:37 am

Grey Pen wrote:
I asked before about the talent version, I've Read A Lot About It, wondering if the talent could be taken multiple times.

Can it also be taken multiple times as a racial trait? Or would I have to take one as a racial trait, and further skills as utility talents?
Having asked that first question myself, I can tell you that the answer is "no". Talents canʻt be taken multiple times unless it explicitly says so in the description.

As to the second question, I don't know.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 28 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Kindulas Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:02 am

Philadelphus wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:
I asked before about the talent version, I've Read A Lot About It, wondering if the talent could be taken multiple times.

Can it also be taken multiple times as a racial trait? Or would I have to take one as a racial trait, and further skills as utility talents?
Having asked that first question myself, I can tell you that the answer is "no". Talents canʻt be taken multiple times unless it explicitly says so in the description.

And I've Read A Lot About it *does* say you can.
As for the racial, you can stack that too.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:00 am

Kindulas wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:

Wait, can you stack the Freaky Knowledge one as well?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:20 am

Yes. Just not on the same skills.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:59 am

So, as written Derpy's Lightning's d12 will cause me to use one of the combat talents I brought into combat. Is it intended to ignore extra talents I can use due to Be Prepared or summoning a weapon?

P.S. good job on removing the word five from there, otherwise Dangerous would be on the list as well.
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:25 am

Kindulas wrote:
Philadelphus wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:

Awesome!

Although:

Grey Pen wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:Another question, about Changeling's Trickery.

If I decide to put my other 3 points into something other than Natural Form, do I still have access to those traits while transformed?
If the race you transform into has those traits, you have them. For example, if you transform into a Unicorn, you would have access to Ponykinesis. Besides, Natural Form only gives Ponykinesis and It's Almost Like Flying while you're in your natural form anyway. If you transformed into a Pegasus while you had Natural Form, you'd lose Ponykinesis and It's Almost Like Flying (although you will gain Flight because you transformed into a Pegasus) until you changed back...

Yes, but with the new 8 point racials I don't intend on taking Natural Form. Right now I've settled for two trained skills and Magical Atunement.

What I'm asking is if I turn into a Pegasus, do I still have those two extra trained skills and Magical Atunement? Or do I lose them until I turn back to "normal"?

Still wondering about this one.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Azureink Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:18 pm

Zarhon wrote:1) If you combine gather energy and perfect focus, so that you use perfect focus twice on the same round, what happens?

I assume you get 4 PiPs, 3 resist (since it doesn't stack with other sources) and two separate effect of "get two pips if undamaged by next round", both of which can be removed off same source of damage.

2) What happens if you repeatedly use "blood pact" (at once, or each round)? Does it:

- Grant +1 number of PiPs auto-gained each round?
- Effectively double the PiP damage by adding 'another' encounter-long effect, on top of the previous one?
- Do nothing, since the effect doesn't stack with itself

3) Does the "daze" vulnerability stack with other sources of vulnerability, due to being a status effect of its own?

4) Does the "whirling blade" vulnerability stack with other vulnerability (as the description states it only triggers off your own attacks)? It seems to be similar to "mark of the patron", which uses "extra 1 damage" instead.

1) Yes, your assumption is correct.

2) The effect doesn't seem to have a keyword regarding stacking. So I would say that you could continue to use it, stacking its effect every round. Which would mean that two uses would give you two pips a round, then it would sap two hps per pip from you, and so on.

3 and 4) No. Vulnerability doesn't stack with itself. Mark of the Patron doesn't add vulnerability, it adds raw damage.
Azureink
Azureink
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:28 pm

[-1] Blood Pact - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle, at the beginning of your turn, you gain 1 PiP and then lose 1
HP for each PiP you have.
I'm pretty sure that since it's just a statement about what happens at the beginning of your turn it in fact will not stack with itself.

Also, no offense but, unless I missed that you're part of the design team Azure, I'd like a response from Dan on #3.

Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Videocrazy Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Zarhon wrote:1) If you combine gather energy and perfect focus, so that you use perfect focus twice on the same round, what happens?

I assume you get 4 PiPs, 3 resist (since it doesn't stack with other sources) and two separate effect of "get two pips if undamaged by next round", both of which can be removed off same source of damage.

2) What happens if you repeatedly use "blood pact" (at once, or each round)? Does it:

- Grant +1 number of PiPs auto-gained each round?
- Effectively double the PiP damage by adding 'another' encounter-long effect, on top of the previous one?
- Do nothing, since the effect doesn't stack with itself

3) Does the "daze" vulnerability stack with other sources of vulnerability, due to being a status effect of its own?

4) Does the "whirling blade" vulnerability stack with other vulnerability (as the description states it only triggers off your own attacks)? It seems to be similar to "mark of the patron", which uses "extra 1 damage" instead.

Dan posted this in response to Zarhon prodding him in the chat, but for some reason didn't respond here.

1) Yours assumption is correct
[12:20:41 AM] Dan Felder: 2) The effects stack with themselves, so if you had 3 of them going... You'd gain 1 pip, then lose the life, gain another pip, lose some more life then gain your last pip and lose even more life.
[12:21:17 AM] Dan Felder: 3) It does not stack in the skype version. It grants combat advantage in the non-skype version and combat advantage stacks with vuln - but in skype it does not.
[12:21:50 AM] Dan Felder: 4) Vulnerability does not stack with other vulnerability unless specifically specified
Videocrazy
Videocrazy
Very Special Somepony
Very Special Somepony

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 am

How do Weakened and Vulnerability interact? The way I'm reading things it looks like a Weakened creature hitting a creature with Vulnerability 4 for 6 damage would do 7, not 5. Is this correct?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

Ramsus wrote:How do Weakened and Vulnerability interact? The way I'm reading things it looks like a Weakened creature hitting a creature with Vulnerability 4 for 6 damage would do 7, not 5. Is this correct?

Yeah, weakened reduces your damage by half before you hit the enemy. So it would do 7 damage in this case.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:00 pm

For the Dragon Destiny that allows you to add +2 to two attributes of your choice.
Are you allowed to give that +2 to attributes you already have a score of 10 in? Or is 10 as high as it can go without the required utilities/racials
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:For the Dragon Destiny that allows you to add +2 to two attributes of your choice.
Are you allowed to give that +2 to attributes you already have a score of 10 in? Or is 10 as high as it can go without the required utilities/racials

You can bump things above 10.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:56 pm

So I've run into a few moves in my current battle which will cause a SIGNIFICANT difference in the battle flow. Should there be moves that cause an enemy to suffer from an effect until the end of your next turn? It seems extremely OP against my boss monster. Currently it's suffering from sunned until the end of a different character's next turn ala: Dazzling Performance... I think moves like that should be changed to: 'until the end of that creature's next turn' just like we changed Frost Fall that way.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 pm

"its next turn."
it is silent.
Dazzling Performance
8: You may use one of target enemy’s combat talents at random without paying its pip cost.
10: For each enemy, flip a coin. If you win that flip, stun that enemy until the end of its next turn.
12: You and target ally each gain 2 pips.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 pm

LoganAura wrote:"its next turn."
it is silent.
Dazzling Performance
8: You may use one of target enemy’s combat talents at random without paying its pip cost.
10: For each enemy, flip a coin. If you win that flip, stun that enemy until the end of its next turn.
12: You and target ally each gain 2 pips.

Oh oops, I guess I misread it.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm

You're totally right though Silent. I've been rewriting, "Until the end of your next turn" abilities to, "Until the end of Its next turn" for months now.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Grey Pen wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

If I decide to put my other 3 points into something other than Natural Form, do I still have access to those traits while transformed?
If the race you transform into has those traits, you have them. For example, if you transform into a Unicorn, you would have access to Ponykinesis. Besides, Natural Form only gives Ponykinesis and It's Almost Like Flying while you're in your natural form anyway. If you transformed into a Pegasus while you had Natural Form, you'd lose Ponykinesis and It's Almost Like Flying (although you will gain Flight because you transformed into a Pegasus) until you changed back...

Yes, but with the new 8 point racials I don't intend on taking Natural Form. Right now I've settled for two trained skills and Magical Atunement.

What I'm asking is if I turn into a Pegasus, do I still have those two extra trained skills and Magical Atunement? Or do I lose them until I turn back to "normal"?

Still wondering about this one...
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Grey Pen wrote:
Grey Pen wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:

Still wondering about this one...
You can't use Changeling's Trickery to effectively net you three extra trait points. Once you use it to mimic a race, you lose everything but Changeling's Trickery. You have only the abilities of race you're mimicking, and CT.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 pm

Oh. Though I'm only seeing one extra:

Started with 8.

CT costs 5, and says you can take 6 racial points post-transformation.

8 - 5 Pre-CT = 3 left over.

3 + 6 Post-CT = 9.

But, I guess I'll go edit my character sheet now... and hope it gets buffed a little.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Getting a whole set of alternate racial traits plus the ability to disguise yourself isn't powerful enough for you? It's one of the strongest traits out there due to its amazing versatility. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:16 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Oh. Though I'm only seeing one extra:

Started with 8.

CT costs 5, and says you can take 6 racial points post-transformation.

8 - 5 Pre-CT = 3 left over.

3 + 6 Post-CT = 9.

But, I guess I'll go edit my character sheet now... and hope it gets buffed a little.
If everything becomes 8 point races, I imagine Changeling's Trickery would turn you into an 8 point race too.
Wait a minute... has this system already been implemented for you guys?
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 pm

no but er I think only the ones that started before the first race overhaul are not useing it.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Yes, we are using 8 points total. No, we hadn't altered CT to reflect that; though while we were waiting for an answer we had assumed I could use the extra 3 points post-transformation, though the opportunity never arose.

Meanwhile, I have another question along the same lines...

Rather than take Natural Form, I am currently electing to simply take IALF (or maybe full Flight) and take Ponykinesis as a utility talent; because PK is something I like to have access to all the time (and CT doesn't affect utility talents).

Because of this, if I transform into a Unicorn (for instance) can I instead opt to take one of the PK upgrades in place of normal PK? (If it matters, it'll probably be Precise PK the vast majority of the time.)
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:23 am

Grey Pen wrote:Yes, we are using 8 points total. No, we hadn't altered CT to reflect that; though while we were waiting for an answer we had assumed I could use the extra 3 points post-transformation, though the opportunity never arose.

Meanwhile, I have another question along the same lines...

Rather than take Natural Form, I am currently electing to simply take IALF (or maybe full Flight) and take Ponykinesis as a utility talent; because PK is something I like to have access to all the time (and CT doesn't affect utility talents).

Because of this, if I transform into a Unicorn (for instance) can I instead opt to take one of the PK upgrades in place of normal PK? (If it matters, it'll probably be Precise PK the vast majority of the time.)
You cannot, because technically being a Unicorn just gives you PK, not the upgrades, and there aren't any rules which say "if you already have X take X upgrades instead."
However, what you're wanting to do does make sense, so I might run it by your DM to let you make an exception.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next