Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 30 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  elfowlgirl Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:56 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Parasite doesn't do anything, which is why the talent doesn't specify what it does. Of course, what Parasite actually does is allows you to target the creature suffering from it with Suck Blood, which you get access to when you use Implant Parasite...

Oh, I missed that. Thanks!
elfowlgirl
elfowlgirl
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://elfowlgirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 30 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Philadelphus Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:48 pm

What's the point of the Eternal Flame enchantment if the flame is heatless? I'm assuming this means you can't cook with it or set things on fire. Is it just a sort of eternal light source?
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 pm

Philadelphus wrote:What's the point of the Eternal Flame enchantment if the flame is heatless? I'm assuming this means you can't cook with it or set things on fire. Is it just a sort of eternal light source?
I guess so. You could also make things appear on fire to dissuade anyone chasing you or to have a cool flaming sword or whatever...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 am

It needs a bit of clarification there. Does it spread? What's its color? Can it be used to bluff (making it look like a dangerous flame)? Where does it appear? What range?

As it's written, its a glorified torch, with no other use.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:48 am

I'm not really sure I agree. Like a lot of this system it's vague, often intentionally so. This leaves things more up to GMs and player creativity. As long as the lack of specific clarity doesn't hinder it's ability to be used functionally or allow it to be used for things clearly far past it's intended purpose, I don't think there's a need to change it.
Ramsus
Ramsus
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:28 pm

How much more needs to be done before we can be put up on EQD or some other fan site?
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentBelle Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:30 pm

tygerburningbright wrote:How much more needs to be done before we can be put up on EQD or some other fan site?

I'd like to know as well. I'd love to see this place get flooded with people and all the wacky ideas that they'd have.
SilentBelle
SilentBelle
Monster Overseer
Monster Overseer

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/SilentBelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm

We've got a very concrete target.

1) The trait revamp and expansion needs to be finished. The tabletop version is currently in playtesting.

2) The item revamp and expansion needs to be finished. The tabletop version is currently in playtesting.

3) The Monster Manual needs to be finished period. Nehiel and Kindulas are working on this right now, heavily inspired by SB's work.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:31 pm

I also vote that we get a couple more boons.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:51 pm

the 8 points for races becoming "official".
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Both are good additions to the list.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:59 pm

And then you should probably have people (more than just the developers) look over for typos, missing/assumed information, defunct legacy stuff, etc.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Absolutely.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 am

Question.
With Crescendo if the PC is killed halfway through the attack.
Does their attack continue to deal damage?
Seeing as they are, you know unconscious/Dead/coma-whatever.
Stating monsters with reaction attacks and I'm kinda curious.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 am

Hayatecooper wrote:Question.
With Crescendo if the PC is killed halfway through the attack.
Does their attack continue to deal damage?
Seeing as they are, you know unconscious/Dead/coma-whatever.
Stating monsters with reaction attacks and I'm kinda curious.

Depends on whether the play can choose to not target something with the remaining attacks. I assume you can choose to not target something if you don't want to do overkill damage with the rest of the attacks, and there isn't any other creature available to hurt. Something akin to fizzling for [+PiP] talents? Otherwise, yeah, it would probably have you doing even more damage to the dead enemy, which is redundant (or you can switch to a different target, an ally perhaps?).

The better questions would be:

1) Can you use the crescendo attacks in any order you wish (e.g. start with strongest one, end with weakest)?
2) Can you choose to not utilize/perform/target with one or more of its attacks after spending the PiP cost (e.g. when you have only one target and don't wish to accidentally kill or defeat something)?

Different question:

3) Can you combine identical interrupt utility talents on top of themselves? For instance, can you use "The Stare" or "Yee-Haw" multiple times on the same skill check, further boosting the roll (this is achievable either by having multiple magic points, or by having several allies use the same thing)?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:18 pm

I think the question he was asking is, "If the creature using Crescendo is rendered unconscious while performing it due to some kind of reaction from the target that reflects damage, what happens to the rest of the damage from the attack?"
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:26 pm

Luckily, you can't interrupt combat talents in the middle of the talent (except if you trigger a special move, which happens the moment that you roll the die). So the enemy has to wait its turn until all the damage from from Crescendo resolves. After that, they can react to the attack (or they can interrupt it beforehand, which - if they take you down with an interrupt means you'll go down before the attack can do anything anyway).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm

So what you're saying is that if you choose different targets for every attack of Crescendo and the last target uses Slashback or something similar and KOs you, none of the damage is dealt to the other targets as well?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:22 pm

Yep. That's the punishing power of interrupts. It helps enable various strategies, to give creatures a heavy incentive to attack someone other than you.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:24 pm

Speaking of defunct legacy stuff, seriously, what is Combat Advantage and why is it in the skype version of Treasure Trove on the Overloader?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm assuming the answer is yes but I'm asking anyway just to make sure.
When using Iron Shield does your character still take all the damage but sets it's health to 1?
Or do you take damage up to what would leave your character at 1?

Mainly cause of the cool combo's with Vengeance is Mine.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:52 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Once we got the above balanced we've been playing around with how to simplify it. Here's the current idea for the Skype version.

[-9] Wild Abandon - Minor Utility
For the rest of the battle you may deal +3d6 damage on one single-target attack each round and you suffer Vulnerability 4.
When is this (and maybe a -5 (+1d6 and 2 vul) and -7 (+2d6 and 3 vul) versions too) getting to be added to the equine power doc? Cause as is it still got the old very broken version in there.

EDIT:
[-X] Drain Blood - Minor Attack
Deal X damage to target creature. Target creature gains X+2 life. X cannot be less than 1.
This attack deals with two different targets, right? Also you can in theory hit yourself with this talent, right?
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:07 am

If you use a Boomstick with a single-target attack, does it still count as a single target attack for talents or traits that care about such things? For instance, if you use Meditate to gain 1d12 damage on talents with "2 or fewer" targets, then use Stab (1d10 damage) with Boomstick on an enemy with two adjacent enemies, would you deal 1d10+1d12 damage to all three enemies, or just 1d10? Or more simply put, does Boomstick turn a single-target talent into a multi-target talent?
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:22 am

The level 7 shapeshifter utility talent, Form of the snake, mentions a talent called Careful Study. I can't find it in the player's handbook or the talent show. Did it get renamed?

EDIT: Second question! If I use make my own fate to get A Step in Evolution (3 new racial points), can I rearrange the rest of my racial points? The book's exact statement is "You instantly gain the new traits, though changing them will require morphing again." But this doesn't quite clarify it, especially if you don't get the Morph ability.

Also, can You take a level 7 Destiny more than once with I Make my own Fate? So could I get 6 or 9 racial points by taking A Step in Evolution twice or 3 times?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:14 am

Can Friendship Never Dies be used to resurrect fallen NPC friends of the party or only PCs? If the later, the wording should be modified to reflect that.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next