Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+35
Pingcode
Lyntermas
Lifeforce
Fury of the Tempest
Yawnmon
Z2
Azureink
sunbeam
Doc pseudopolis
A1C Bronymous
Kindulas
Nehiel Mori
Dr Blight
Grey Pen The Flawed
Videocrazy
Hayatecooper
The Warrior of Many Faces
Cardbo
Caden2112
Philadelphus
Whiteeyes
RavenscroftRaven
elfowlgirl
LoganAura
Paper Shadow
Appkes
SilentBelle
tygerburningbright
thematthew
Xel Unknown
Jason Shadow
Zarhon
AProcrastinatingWriter
Ramsus
Stairc -Dan Felder
39 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 16 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Whiteeyes Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:31 am

Ramsus wrote:Probably Brash Landing, to answer your rhetorical quote question.

"And why isn't it steam powered? Or able to fly?"
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 16 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Z2 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

Question: How would I join a game on Skype? I'm new to Skype, and to this game, and I don't really see anything in the forums concerned with skype.
Z2
Z2
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  LoganAura Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:47 pm

22, I'd say probably ask in the "Looking for a group" for skype games.

Question: Is there going to be expansions for Boons and Combat Traits sometime soon? Not to rush the designers.
LoganAura
LoganAura
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:26 pm

1) Just advertise for a skype game in the roleplaying section and you should be fine. Hope you find a great group. santa

2) Taking combat traits and items out of beta with a revamp of them and an expansion for both sets is next on my list. However we also have the monster manual to deal with, Nehiel's utility items and, of course, answering questions about The Art of War and smoothing out bumps from the recent changes to the combat system is taking up a bunch of my time. So I hope to get to it soon. If we don't, it's probably because we're working on the rest of the system first. =)
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Also don't forget the race upgrades to to 8-point system. jocolor
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I certainly haven't. Might put Kindulas on that actually. He was the central architect of the core system for the race expansion.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 pm

Are the changes to explorer destiny coming soon?
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 am

Will there be Crystal Ponies? If so, will the be in the default handbook, the Races of Equestria dealy, or will they be in another expansion?

'Cause I made a template for them with Genetic Engineering, and I really like it.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  RavenscroftRaven Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:46 am

[-4] Stunning Heron's Hoof:
It triggers off a creature "would" (future tense) deal damage to you, then you stun it.

Does this mean the attack is nullified since it is stunned and cannot take actions, or (I know you love MTG), is the attack already on the stack and the stun resolves but the dealing damage action has already been taken, meaning stun has no effect on that current action since there's no action to prevent, it already happened?
RavenscroftRaven
RavenscroftRaven
Epic Pwny

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Ravenscroft

Back to top Go down

Post  Nehiel Mori Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:20 am

Is it a interrupt or a reaction?
Interrupts take place before the trigger, so the attack wouldn't occur
Reactions take place after the trigger, so the attack would occur.

If it doesn't say-Seems from the wording its a interrupt. So the attack wouldn't occur
Nehiel Mori
Nehiel Mori
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  thematthew Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:07 pm

thematthew wrote:So now, what happens when I use Where it Hurts with a multi-target attack?

Do I have to use it for each target, does it affect all things that have (save ends) effects, or does it just hit everything?

Still waiting on an answer here.

Also, why aren't Admins moderators for Traits, Boons, Destinies, and Items?

Also, has anyone else noticed that Ramsus + Xel apparently account for fully 1/5th of the posts in tota?
thematthew
thematthew
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:01 am

Could we get a thread in this sub-forum with a list of all the official rulebooks and expansions? Because there are a fair few of them scattered about across multiple threads, and it'd be nice to have easy access to them all in one place. I was going to do it myself, but I can't create a new thread in this sub-forum.
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:10 am

If you track all the links and post em here, I'll make the thread. Busy now.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:29 am

Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:22 pm

RavenscroftRaven wrote:[-4] Stunning Heron's Hoof:
It triggers off a creature "would" (future tense) deal damage to you, then you stun it.

Does this mean the attack is nullified since it is stunned and cannot take actions, or (I know you love MTG), is the attack already on the stack and the stun resolves but the dealing damage action has already been taken, meaning stun has no effect on that current action since there's no action to prevent, it already happened?
It absolutely stops the attack. Unlike in MTG, if you incapacitate someone before they finish doing something, they're done. This also mean an interrupt that would kill them stops what they were doing. Reactions mean you do it right after the trigger, interrupts mean you do it preemptively to the trigger,
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:33 pm

thematthew wrote:So now, what happens when I use Where it Hurts with a multi-target attack?
Do I have to use it for each target, does it affect all things that have (save ends) effects, or does it just hit everything?
The words "to that enemy" mean that you'd have to activate it specifically for each target.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Kindulas wrote:
The words "to that enemy" mean that you'd have to activate it specifically for each target.
This creates a situation where Despair is far superior to a higher pip cost of Fireswath + Where it Hurts.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Ramsus wrote:
Kindulas wrote:
This creates a situation where Despair is far superior to a higher pip cost of Fireswath + Where it Hurts.
As a Despair User I have no problem with this.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah "Where it Hurts" is mostly about stacking single target damage, though a smaller multi-attack like Fireball can be good with it. Minor action and reaction attacks can be good for multi-triggering it against the same target, too.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 pm

Can you rephrase that? It sounded as if you were saying it's single target only.... except when it isn't.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Where is hurts adds the 1d12 to a single target per activation.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:22 pm

So now that that's established.... is there a reason for that? Fireswath + Where it Hurts would still be noticeably more expensive than Despair and Fireball + Where it Hurts is offset by Fireball's only additional feature to it's damage being the fact that it does hit multiple targets.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Philadelphus Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 am

Fleshrender - 2000 Gold
Weapon
Whenever you damage a creature that is suffering from ongoing damage you may increase the ongoing damage that creature is suffering from by 2.
Ongoing damage you apply doesn't count as you damaging a creature, does it? Or could this be used to put ongoing damage on a creature, then up it by 2 every time it takes damage and fails its save?

I suspect it's the former, but I'm hoping for the latter...
Philadelphus
Philadelphus
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:14 am

No, the condition does the damage - not you. You just applied the condition.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:19 am

Ramsus wrote:So now that that's established.... is there a reason for that? Fireswath + Where it Hurts would still be noticeably more expensive than Despair and Fireball + Where it Hurts is offset by Fireball's only additional feature to it's damage being the fact that it does hit multiple targets.
Yeah but Fireswath where only 1 target is suffering from a save-ends letting Where is Hurts tack an extra 1d12 onto the entire Fireswath? That why is needs "To that creature"
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next