Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 8 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  sunbeam Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:37 pm

I think the most mathematically balanced thing to do would be to change it to 3 damage, but I don't think the change would really be necessary. It just looks a lot better as 4 than it does as 3, which is good, because we need more cool [+2] moves to contend with things like Critfisher.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 8 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:39 pm

Goes with the Assassin build I have.

Through... hmmmm... How much do you guys think a minor action that gives a target enemy 1 vunrability until the end of your turn would cost?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:40 pm

I think having this talent in the system will make more monsters built with some type of temp-hp moves... Which is a good thing in my opinion.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Goes with the Assassin build I have.

Through... hmmmm... How much do you guys think a minor action that gives a target enemy 1 vunrability until the end of your turn would cost?
I think it'd be a [-2] or [-1] move, more likely a -1 move. Cause the closest thing of a standard move is Call the Target which does 2 vul for an enemy till end of next turn which is a +1 move.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:45 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Goes with the Assassin build I have.

I think it'd be a [-2] or [-1] move, more likely a -1 move. Cause the closest thing of a standard move is Call the Target which does 2 vul for an enemy till end of next move which is a +1 move.

Actually I think it'll more likely be a [0] move, I mean. A minor action, to make your attacks for that turn do 1 more damage? No one else can take advantadge of it.

Actually, that might be a bit too underpowered actually...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:53 pm

I have to disagree with "Nick" not being too powerful.

- For one, it's a guaranteed 4 damage (or higher, since it can trigger vulnerability on a target, bypassing resist in the process - very powerful stuff). 4 damage is the average value of damage you can get from a d8, so it can be considered similar to a d8 in value, without the crit.
- It gives 2 pips, which for a no-drawbacks talent of this power is quite a bit.
- Compare it with Blood Slash:
[+3] Blood Slash - Standard Attack
Deal 2 damage to target creature. You suffer 2 ongoing damage (save ends).
A talent that does 2 damage to a target and gives you 2 ongoing damage, grants you 3 pips total.

If one considers the "ongoing damage (save ends) on self" as a drawback that adds +1 pip to the ability, that means without it, you get a +2 pip talent that deals 2 damage, without bypassing resist. And this is assuming the drawback gives +1 pip - I'm not sure of the balance, but the drawback might be valued at +2 pips, even.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:56 pm

Why are you comparing a +3 move to a +2 move?

And yes, the 4 damage is guaranteed. However, compared to other moves, 4 guaranteed damage is not all that powerful. I mean, there is a move that gives every ally 3 temporary HP.

Every. Ally.

Imagine that move being used when you have a summoner or two!

It doesn't seem like much from the get go, but that move is much more powerful than Nick.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 pm

We don't put 0 pip combat talents into the system as a rule, unless they come with some other way to alter your pips or have other costs - in order to encourage changing resource states so people don't get bored using the same moves endlessly. Minor actions that don't have costs are even more outlawed, because people that have a pure-upside minor action are just more powerful than those without a pure-upside minor action - if you're focused on min/maxing.

If you want a minor action that gives vuln, it'd have to have some cost attached - whether pips or something else entirely.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Inspired by Fury's suggestion.

[-2] Armor Piercing Slap - Minor Attack
Target Enemy is dealt 1 damage and suffers 2 vul until the end of your next turn.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Hmmm... how about...

[0] Share Weakness - Minor Utility
Target enemy receives vulnerability 1 until the end of your turn. You receive vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn. If you already have vulnerability, increase it by 2.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:16 pm

Both those ideas could work in essence.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmm... how about...

Target enemy receives vulnerability 1 until the end of your turn. You receive vulnerability 2 until the end of your next turn. If you already have vulnerability, increase it by 2.
I think it's a bit weak as a vul 1 to the enemy. Might work better as 2 vul instead.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:25 pm

Xel Unknown wrote:
Fury of the Tempest wrote:Hmmm... how about...

I think it's a bit weak as a vul 1 to the enemy. Might work better as 2 vul instead.

That could work as well I suppose.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:25 am

Utility Talent - Local Lore:

My worry is that it might not be "exciting" enough to make the cut though we currently have no utility talents that give bonuses to History or Streetwise and lore seems like the very thing that could be either/or for the two skills.

Utility Talent - I Think I've Heard This Before:

Sometimes characters simply know things and theoretically shouldn't fail the basics though they may not know the fine details.  Seems good for a well read and/or well traveled character.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Mad Genius
Prerequisite: Create Crazy Contraption
Once per day, you may use Create Crazy Contraption without spending a magic point.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:47 am

It just occured, that one of my characters has been using Personal Cloud all this time. He's used it for Stealth and as an emergency water source to save a dehydrated pony.
Cardbo
Cardbo

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:09 am

Here's a trait concept. Just threw together the possibility, without too much careful design, of a trait that gives you access to a more badass conjured weapon than the norm.

Celestial Spear
Once per battle, you may use the following combat talent

[-7] Conjure Celestial Spear – Minor Utility [1/Battle]
You conjure a Celestial Spear in your hands. You can dismiss the Celestial Spear as a free action. While you are wielding a Celestial Spear, you cannot use your other combat talents. Instead you may use the combat talents below.

[+3] Starbolt – Standard Attack
You deal 2d8 damage to target creature.

[+2] Starlance – Standard Attack
Roll 1d12. Deal that much damage to target creature and gain life equal to the roll result.

[-3] Starblast – Standard Attack
You deal 1d4+1d6+1d8+1d10+1d12 damage to target creature.

[-5] Starblaze – Standard Attack
Deal 3d10 damage to target creature. You and up to four allies can make a saving throw with a +7 bonus.

Last edited by Stairc -Dan Felder on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:35 am

The -5 doesn't dismiss it? Was that intentional?
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:38 am

Yes. It was meant to just be a set of awesome combat talents, demonstrating the idea. There could definitely still be a 'dismiss' ultimate like there usually is though.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:38 am

Should have a time-limit so its not overpowered.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:45 am

Oooh... the Celestial spear would work for one of my characters, albeit in anything but a celestial capacity.

Makes me wonder if I should design a weapon specifically with my flavor concepts in mind for inspiration...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Makes me wonder if I should design a weapon specifically with my flavor concepts in mind for inspiration...

Go ahead!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 am

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Dusk Raven wrote:Makes me wonder if I should design a weapon specifically with my flavor concepts in mind for inspiration...

Go ahead!

Indeed... but would this thread be the place to flesh it out, or some other thread in the combat talents section?
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:57 am

Wait, we postin' conjuration weapons now?

Create Mecha-Suit:

Create Med-Suit:
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:07 am

Dusk Raven wrote:Indeed... but would this thread be the place to flesh it out, or some other thread in the combat talents section?

This place should flesh it out....

Last edited by Fury of the Tempest on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next