Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

+14
LoganAura
Fluffy McSparkles
Stairc -Dan Felder
Drago765
SparkImpulse
Clockeye
deonte9109
AProcrastinatingWriter
Quietkal
Xel Unknown
Lapis-Lazily
Ramsus
conantheghost
Copper Rose
18 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:15 am

Oh, pop back in any time you wish. After all, you've been stored in an alternate dimension for, what, the past week IC? Just fall out of a random portal, and that's that.

...unless you want a new character?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 8 Empty Re: Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED]

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:28 am

Crystalite wrote:((Have not read the other character sheets, by design; a quick visual description of what I'm looking at would be verra helpful.))
Well, all the character sheets are linked in the first post, so you can find them quickly/easily there.

...why would you name the image of your character in your character sheet "trollface"?

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 8 Thepar10
(done purely out of boredom, unsure about Adrogyny's and Blackberry's appearances)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:45 am

Copper Rose wrote:
Crystalite wrote:((Have not read the other character sheets, by design; a quick visual description of what I'm looking at would be verra helpful.))
Well, all the character sheets are linked in the first post, so you can find them quickly/easily there.

Nonono. I am deliberately not reading them; It will be more chaotic if I don't know too much about these guys. The image you posted helps a bunch though, thank you.

Copper Rose wrote:...why would you name the image of your character in your character sheet "trollface"?

Non Sequitur: the Campaign Sign-up and OOC (Formerly Infinite Laughter)[DED] - Page 8 Rainbow_dash_shrug_by_dropletx1-d3j6g5i No reason.

EDIT: Added a Companion to my character sheet. Awaiting approval.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:52 am

Copper Rose wrote:Oh, pop back in any time you wish. After all, you've been stored in an alternate dimension for, what, the past week IC? Just fall out of a random portal, and that's that.

...unless you want a new character?
Oh okay, I was just wondering if I'd get a normal introduction back in or if I could just pop back into existence... I should have guessed considering this is infinite laughter, Where the only law of reality is the Rule of Funny. ...At least sometimes anyways...
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Crystalite wrote:Added a Companion to my character sheet. Awaiting approval.
OMG approval given *teehee* Twisted Evil
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:11 am

I think we've still got that boon to pick, unless we settled on All Aboard?
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:37 am

I don't think there was any disagreement for it... If anything the group seemed more or less just to not really argue much for what Boons they wanted if I recall... Or we just never got for sure just which to get that everyone would enjoy. All I know is that yeah, All Aboard would be the most logical with this group.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 am

Copper Rose wrote:

Sweet. I'll introduce her when it becomes convenient. How much of the irritation shall be mine to give out?

EDIT: Due to a change in One Size Fits All, I got an extra racial trait, yaaaay!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:28 am

Crystalite wrote:
Copper Rose wrote:

Sweet. I'll introduce her when it becomes convenient. How much of the irritation shall be mine to give out?

EDIT: Due to a change in One Size Fits All, I got an extra racial trait, yaaaay!
Uhhhh... DM's control companions, usually...
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 am

I view it as more a shared control a campinion can be controlled by Player, GM, or both depending on how it logically makes sense.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:47 am

Xel Unknown wrote:I view it as more a shared control a companion can be controlled by Player, GM, or both depending on how it logically makes sense.

Agreed. For stuff that makes much difference, the GM makes the rolls and description... but, when convenient for RP purposes, some leeway is given to the player to make comments via Companion. I just want to know how much leeway, on the off chance I see an opportunity for Navi to say something funny.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:47 am

Would I be allowed to join? I'm afraid I'm a gigantic noob, but I have set up a character whose element is laughter. Tumbletop
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:40 pm

Nothing wrong with you apping to this campaign... Just not so sure when you'll get in. Sure we seem to be always changing of PCs quite often, but yeah... Nothing that wrong with the character from what I can see. Seems neat. Though your combat build seems a little iffy to me. What type of style of fighting are you going for? Best not to think of "longterm" fighting but just like a four or three point combo and basically just have the rest of combat have just option of what you do in response to things. From where I stand, Dis-chord, Paranoia, and Magnificent Melody seem a bit not that powerful overall. Dis-chord can end up more helping the enemy then anything else unless you build around it. Paranoia while nice in theory, basically depends on the GM to give it's power or weakness to see how useful it is. Cause it can either just lead to the enemy just building pips on a free turn for little payment or who knows what. Cause you don't see much from the enemy side of things so you're not good with reliaying on it, unless the GM basically tells you that "yeah it's helping you, trust me" which is kinda lame for a talent (not the GM a GM that'd do that and be honest about it is kinda cool). Finally Magnificent Melody just while nice outcomes, just feels weak in my opinion for a -2 move. All you do is just heal 6 hp over two turns and give two attacks a +3 to damage. Kinda meh to me. I think you're better off getting On My Mark where you can give an ally an extra move for just spending two pips. Also you are taking the daze roll twice move without having any way to self-daze you... So that also seems out of place.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Thank you very much for helping me sort out my battling. The fighty aspects of roleplaying are the ones I'm very noobish with. And I don't mind waiting. I know it takes time for room to open up. Anyway, I fixed my fighting.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:11 pm

This thread right here is a good place to look for combat goodness ideas. You can always ask around a little too; Personally, I'm always dreaming up new combat builds to try out.

Speaking of which. It looks pretty good; but, the party is at Level 3... which means you also get two Combat Traits and an additional 2500 Gold for equipment.

Hmmm... Let me see. Trait-wise, I would recommend Warlord's Special definitely. I would also suggest Healer's Blessing (Which, if you aren't dazed, makes Inspire Courage affect you as well.) Speaking of Inspire Courage, I would swap it out for Invigorating Strike; that lets you dish out a little damage of your own. (That's just me though; whatever you prefer will work.)

Treasure-wise, Jenkin's Chicken pairs wonderfully with Dimensional Cape; Round 1, you would let off Jenkin's Chicken, and then perhaps Go For The Eyes! And then you would whisk away in your Dimensional Cape, keeping yourself quite safe from the wrath that Jenkin's Chicken brings unto the user; by the time you return, it'll be too late for Jenkins to do anything to you.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Alright, I updated again for the new levels. Thank you guys for helping me here.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't know about the others but I'd be absolutely delighted to have another player! The more the merrier! Of course there can be too many, but still.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:40 pm

Numbers can be mitigated by a split party. (I suppose.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:43 am

Don't you know, you never split the party~!
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Looks like a cool character! Considering how the IC thread is going right now, go ahead and drop in in a similar manner as Crystalite or Clockeye did. Or maybe just through a door. Cheerilee Derp 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:48 pm

You know, I think I'm going to link my laughter sheet now, even though only 85 out of 100 results are complete. Here it is.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Um, so that I don't just stumble in and make a fool of myself, could I have a little information about there the plot is right about now? Or rather, where they are physically?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

HUGE amount of stuff has happened, but all you really need to know is that one person has become a foal, we're in the royal castle, and we are currently on a mission for the same person who locked us up for a while, tried to remove our chaos, and kind of has a personal vendetta against Discord, who gave us our gave us our chaotic powers. Celestia.
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm

We're in Celestia and Luna's throne room, a few weeks after Discord was turned to stone. Within the last hour or so in-game, Luna tried to overthrow Celestia and was banished to the moon. (no bananas)
We're supposed to go and look for a blind zebra in the Everfree (I think) and learn more about what may have caused her to go crazy like that.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Thank you very much. I'll see if I can poke my way into the group.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next