Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

+42
Bubblez
Faege
Terrestial
Exuno
PhoenixSpectre
Cardbo
DrownedChampion
Broken Logic
mjh6
Copper Rose
Crystalite
Snagging Roots
deonte9109
Dusk Raven
LoganAura
Caden2112
Pingcode
Antiquated
AProcrastinatingWriter
RavenscroftRaven
Z2
Paper Shadow
Fury of the Tempest
Philadelphus
Lapis-Lazily
tygerburningbright
Mind Gamer
Stairc -Dan Felder
Zarhon
sunbeam
Hayatecooper
Demonu
A1C Bronymous
XandZero2
Kindulas
Xel Unknown
Ramsus
Sefton
Quietkal
Doc pseudopolis
ZamuelNow
SparkImpulse
46 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 23 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Terrestial Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Terrestial wrote:What happens to (save ends) effects after the affected creature is knocked unconscious?

They stay on unless there's some specific reason your GM feels they shouldn't. You don't stop being on fire because you fell unconscious, as nice as that'd be.

However, the saving throws still take place, right?
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer - Page 23 Empty Re: Ask a Simple Question - Get a Simple Answer

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:00 am

Absolutely.

Of course, GMs can bend automated rules to make them make sense in specific situations. For example, if the saving throw was against some sort of mind attack representing your attempts to throw it off... Probably doesn't make sense to make saving throws against it while unconscious.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Terrestial Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:27 am

Alright... if the target is dominated/controlled and uses a conjuration, does the conjuration obey the one dominating/controlling or the conjurer after the effect wears off?
Terrestial
Terrestial
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:41 pm

Terrestial wrote:Alright... if the target is dominated/controlled and uses a conjuration, does the conjuration obey the one dominating/controlling or the conjurer after the effect wears off?

It obeys the conjurer.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:43 pm

Wanderlust questions:
In a game a group I'm in, we have some questions over when/how conjurations take actions and right now we have 2-3 different interpretations.  This really boils down to 4 questions:

1.) What stage of the turn to conjurations act?
a.) The beginning of turn
b.) The end of the turn (Like in Pony Tales)
c.) At any time during the turn

2.) Do conjurations have summoning sickness? (i.e. can they immediately take actions the turn they are summoned or do they have to wait a turn?) only really relevant is the answer to 1.) is b.) and c.)
Yes, Conjurations have summoning sickness and MUST WAIT a turn before taking actions
No, Conjurations do NOT have summoning sickness and can IMMEDIATELY take actions

3.) Does the summoner have to expend any actions (standard or minor) to get conjurations do things?
(Yes/No)

4.) Is there a limit to how many conjurations someone can control? Can they control multiple conjurations of the same type at the same time (Could I for example have 2 Battle Spirits active at the same time in reserve as quick heal batteries)
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Bubblez wrote:Wanderlust questions:
In a game a group I'm in, we have some questions over when/how conjurations take actions and right now we have 2-3 different interpretations.  This really boils down to 4 questions:

I thought that in Pony Tales, Conjurations acted immediately after their conjurer (essentially part of the Player's same turn).
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:35 pm

A1C Bronymous wrote:

I thought that in Pony Tales, Conjurations acted immediately after their conjurer (essentially part of the Player's same turn).

Yep, but We're playing Wanderlust and the phrasing is different.

Wanderlust:

PonyTales:

As I said, our group has some different interpretations/uncertainties on it, some are using PonyTales as a reference here, hence why I'm asking this. (I'm avoiding posting my own prefered interpretation deliberately)
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:51 pm

Oh, I see. I would think its whenever you so choose. Generally rules tend to make mention of specifics like that, as well as skipping the first turn or expending actions.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Wanderlust Question
Ability Mass Invisibility has invisibility as a prerequisite, but I don't see invisibility on the abilities list, at least not when I search for it. Is this a mistake or is the ability out of commission for whatever reason?
Mass Invisibility:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:41 pm

I think it needs official cleaning up. Doing a quick Ctrl + F, there's a few abilities that mention turning invisible so it seems like a keyword instead of a singular ability.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:52 am

PT Question:
Does losing temp HP count as damage? i.e. if I had the Bulwark armor, and an attack stripped some of the 30 temp HP that it gives me, does that count as taking damage?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:31 am

How was the attack that phrased? In ponytales most attacks "deal damage" so I'd imaging that you're taking damage. If the attack was phrased "lose life" it wouldn't.

Temp HP:

Nothing in the description of temp up suggests that losing temp hp from damage doesn't count as taking damage. In fact, the examples given explicitly state the player " take(s) 4 damage", even though no actual hp was lost.
Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Thanks.
Another question:
Chains of fire:
How does that interact with something like Red Requiem? Does it trigger per target?
Red Requiem:
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm

Correct about losing temporary HP counting as taking damage. You take damage first, then reduce either your HP or Temp HP. Still counts as damage. If it said "if you lose life" it wouldn't work, because your life total hasn't gone down.

As for the chains of fire, I believe that it's an individual attack with multiple different effects. Chains would only trigger once.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:18 am

Apologies on the question spamming, but I'm a little confused on the usage of the Oversized Blade.

Not Compensating for Something: It requires a minor action to activate. Is that every time you want to use the talent, and do I have to use the talent immediately afterwards?

Say I had Fast Gambit; could I activate Not Compensating for Something, use a minor like Redirect Focus to bump me up to 3 energy, then use Not Compensating for Something?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:40 am

AleneShazam wrote:Apologies on the question spamming, but I'm a little confused on the usage of the Oversized Blade.

Not Compensating for Something: It requires a minor action to activate. Is that every time you want to use the talent, and do I have to use the talent immediately afterwards?

Say I had Fast Gambit; could I activate Not Compensating for Something, use a minor like Redirect Focus to bump me up to 3 energy, then use Not Compensating for Something?
Well, for starters, since Redirect Focus dazes, which means you can only take one action per turn, you'd be hard pressed to pull off that combo...

Although even then I'm not sure what exactly you are aiming to do here. You want to use Compensating, then a minor action, and then... actually use Compensating? But not like a second time I assume, since Compensating also requires a Standard Action to use. Why are you trying to do things in this order?
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:54 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
AleneShazam wrote:Apologies on the question spamming, but I'm a little confused on the usage of the Oversized Blade.

Well, for starters, since Redirect Focus dazes, which means you can only take one action per turn, you'd be hard pressed to pull off that combo...

Although even then I'm not sure what exactly you are aiming to do here. You want to use Compensating, then a minor action, and then... actually use Compensating? But not like a second time I assume, since Compensating also requires a Standard Action to use. Why are you trying to do things in this order?
I got confused by the wording of it, I'm pretty sure. 
I was wondering whether or not the minor action in Compensating was separate; as in I could use a minor action to 'activate' the talent and then hold off on actually using the talent itself, as I hadn't seen the wording of 'activate' in reference to actually using a talent before except in the context of Special Moves.
Would I be correct in assuming that that isn't how the talent works? I'm realizing that it's probably more in line with 'Expend both a standard and minor to use this talent' rather than whatever my brain has conjured up with.
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:39 am

Unfortunately you've got to pay for both action costs at the same time. It represents a giant-sized, unwieldy sword that takes all of your time and focus to swing.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AleneShazam Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:16 am

One last set of questions (I hope) regarding ongoing damage:

Sink your Teeth in:

I'm assuming this doesn't include effects like Kindle Pain?

Barter in Blood:

Does being dealt damage include ongoing damage?

Also this is probably a noob question, but am I wrong in thinking that since ongoing damage is just damage at the start of someone's turn, it can be affected by resist and vuln?
AleneShazam
AleneShazam
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:21 am

AleneShazam wrote:One last set of questions (I hope) regarding ongoing damage:

Sink your Teeth in:

I'm assuming this doesn't include effects like Kindle Pain?

Correct. Increasing ongoing damage isn't subjecting a creature to ongoing damage.

Barter in Blood:

Does being dealt damage include ongoing damage?

Yep. Smile

Also this is probably a noob question, but am I wrong in thinking that since ongoing damage is just damage at the start of someone's turn, it can be affected by resist and vuln?

You're not wrong at all.[/quote]
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:02 pm

Spoiler:

I assume they lose life, like the first effect? I'm inclined to assume so, at least.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:13 pm

Yup.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 pm

2.) Do conjurations have summoning sickness? (i.e. can they immediately take actions the turn they are summoned or do they have to wait a turn?) only really relevant is the answer to 1.) is b.) and c.)
Yes, Conjurations have summoning sickness and MUST WAIT a turn before taking actions
No, Conjurations do NOT have summoning sickness and can IMMEDIATELY take actions

3.) Does the summoner have to expend any actions (standard or minor) to get conjurations do things?
(Yes/No)

4.) Is there a limit to how many conjurations someone can control? Can they control multiple conjurations of the same type at the same time (Could I for example have 2 Battle Spirits active at the same time in reserve as quick heal batteries)

Dan, I figured I'd bump this, since I am curious about the official ruling.
Reading the rules I'm inclined to interpet it as C/N/N/N

Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:58 pm

You're correct.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Bubblez Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:01 am

Wanderlust Question:

Can Wild Blow trigger itself? It appears to be a new attack thus a new instance of damaging an enemy

Wild Blow:

I.E. can I do this:

Move:

Bubblez
Bubblez
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next