Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

+6
LoganAura
mjh6
Fury of the Tempest
Deathstorm50
Marona
Curunir
10 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 5 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Deathstorm50 Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Curunir wrote:Yep, responding now.  Also to Piasa's digging.  And to Keeper's looking ahead, if Marona's still playing.  Don't know what Arcantos will be doing, if Fury's still playing.

Also- If you're interested in spoilers- the kind of spoilers that probably don't actually spoil anything, I made a picture of an NPC you might meet in this campaign.  It's in the Art section of the forum.
Not exaclty much to do... the others are going off on their own thing.

Where's the nearest hiding spot that lets him see outside? Arc would of exploded the place thoroughly after all.
I'm going to assume you meant explored, unless Arcantos is into that sort of thing.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 5 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Curunir Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:12 am

Marona: Keeper ran into that griffon while still inside the building- not within sight of the other griffons. Are you continuing on to the entrance?

Deathstorm- yes, Piasa can hear the squawk. And he blew the horn again. You can get a better view if you want, although you'll risk being seen.

Fury: The building is in remarkably good shape, but having previously explored it, Arcantos can navigate the halls of murals to a place where there's a hole in the wall, with a dead tree poking through it. With a bit of luck (or a good stealth roll), you could observe the griffons there unseen. The hole's even large enough to exit the building from there.

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:40 am

Hmmm, I guess I might as well chase the griffon out. Since I apparently didn't have any time/ability to stop him from sounding the alarm. They'll know I'm there either way. By going out into the open they won't necessarily look for the others immediately.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:09 am

I'm in a pretty good spot here, and if I need a better vantage point, I have a companion who can speak with me telepathically, so that's fine. However, I'm stuck between two modes of action in my head. One of which is to play it safe and watch how Keeper handles things. The other is a crazy plan that's a bit of a gamble on whether or not we get out of her with or without fighting these griffons. It also hinges on these griffons not being too  knowledgeable on ancient dragonlore, which is unlikely considering where we've found them. The details aren't important, but the basic idea is intimidating the griffons into explaining their presence. If worst comes to worst, we'll be fighting them, or running away. They may or may not be a scout party, and they may or may not have reinforcements. The whole thing is iffy, but I probably won't have the chance once that griffon reaches his friends.

Edit: In light f the recent post, I think I'll wait in my hole. Bayesian reasoning projects a lower success chance of my other plan than initially anticipated.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Its official. Keeper is bucking crazy.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Well, now, hold on. We should give these griffons a chance to not be violent. Granted their chief is apparently wearing a dragon skull, so I expect much, but they deserve the chance. Besides, there's only the six of them, and if griffons have anything like politics, the main griffon won't get in on it till near the end. And if we have to run, I can blind them momentarily, while we find someplace to hide. If things go FUBAR, we have options. Of course, Piasa won't be joining her out there, because I get the feeling the griffons would react poorly. But if Keeper's going diplomatic, Piasa is cool with it.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

Oh, Arcantos doesn't mind diplomacy either.

When they have the advantage.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 pm

Okay, so the priest threw Piasa into the air, does that mean he has a grip on me that I need to break out of, or was it just a toss out of the ground? I had written out a long post assuming that I was free to move, and posted, but I don't actually know, the post was a little vague.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Fury: I would like a roll- athletics and acrobatics (landing properly on your feet, landing on the griffon, applying sufficient force to the griffon). You'll probably succeed given the situation (surprise, using gravity to your advantage). If you roll a total of 15 or less on either I would like you to also make an endurance check.

Marona: That works. However, the longer you control your fiery storm dragon apparition, it will cause actual storm conditions to arise and worsen.

Deathstorm- Piasa is free to move- he was simply thrown out of the ground along with the pavement and earth. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

However, would you give me an athletics roll for flying up above the storm-dragon? There are incredible winds at work to give this thing form. If you roll a total of 20 or less I would also like you to roll an endurance check.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Athletics: 14+11 = 25
Acrobatics: 12+8 = 20
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 pm

Athletics is 19 + 7 = 26. I suppose that is sufficient.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:21 pm

Deathstorm: Oh, could you put your post back please so I can respond to everyone's actions? Thank you.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:42 pm

Done.

Edit: Wait, so we were so intimidating that the priest dropped dead from a heart attack? I wanted to make him flee, not intimidate him to death. Ah well, it works out anyway. We'll probably need to loot his corpse to find out just what the hell they was doing here.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 am

Marona- Perception, History, and Arcana check please.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:06 am

Well, we still have the knocked out guard. And if he's dead, Ch'aska can use Speak With Dead if we can come up with a good, overall question
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 am

Keeper is still bucking insane BTW
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:32 am

*ignores provocation*

Perception: 11 + 5 + 1 = 17

Arcana: 19 + 10 + 1 = 30

History: 7 + 18 + 1 = 26
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:36 am

Should I make a streetwise check to find my way there, or can I have Ch'aska just get there without help?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:38 am

.... Its an opinion. Not a provocation
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:42 am

I have some choice "opinions" for you too, but a mod came in and "solved the problem" by throwing around vague threats at everyone and will likely do so again if I actually state them so.... *shrug* It'd be nice if you kept those kinds of "opinions" to yourself.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:55 am

I'm allowed to say whatever I want about a character as long as it has no ill-intent.

Your the one still holding a grudge over such a trivial matter. Not me.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:59 am

I see this starting, and I'm saying this now. Please stop before this goes further. You have already been warned once.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:00 am

Nothing is or ever was going to happen
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:07 am

mjh6- Oop, missed your post there. Yeah, you just make your way there- no rolls required. It's just on the other side of the building, as I said several times!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 am

Lapis-Lazily wrote:I see this starting, and I'm saying this now. Please stop before this goes further. You have already been warned once.
Is threats the only way moderators here know how to deal with issues? Because that would be nice to know when people sign up here as it's really dissonant to what people are looking for in a MLP related community.

If you think there's a problem, why not try and solve the problem instead of demanding people stop having them?

Though I agree with Fury that this wasn't going to become anything worth your making a fuss about.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next