Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

+6
LoganAura
mjh6
Fury of the Tempest
Deathstorm50
Marona
Curunir
10 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 7 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  mjh6 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:02 pm

I might want to change over. One thing I like about the new system is the free expert skill thing, so that's one thing I'd like to have. On the other hand, Speak with Dead isn't on the list currently, and I'm not sure (if they do add it in) if its going to be a 3 point talent, and anything higher would put me over 30 points.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 7 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:04 pm

It probably would be, seeing as it was a utility talent - In any case I'd let you count it as such for now- If you want to transfer go ahead and keep the old version (with the new cost system)

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:07 pm

Here is the New Arcantos

Only problem is... the new magic element, doesn't really suit him anymore imo... it was meant to be the ultimate sign of his flexibility/adaptability, but now I don't think it works as well...

And personally, I can't decide between replacing it with Reliability or Family... thoughts?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 pm

If we're talking flexibility, family gives you more options to work with in a given situation. I don't know how reliability would reflect that.

mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Well, my thoughts for family is that not only does he have more flexibility, but it shows that he is above and beyond most dragons.

I mean, I already know what I would get with the Family Viture... Best of the Breed again, so he has 10 in every skill save athletics & perception, which he has 11 in, then Telekinesis and Nightwatch

Reliability however, is about his willpower. How his drive to accomplish legendary deeds pushes him through the worst case scenarios.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:54 pm

Oh, well, then that's understandable.

Family gives you a flat, tangible bonus, while Reliability is more situational. There's no knowing if you're going to be rolling 1s at all. But when you do, its very useful.

Personally, I think that you might get more out of Family, but that's just me.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:16 am

Hmmmmm.... any thoughts from the others? More opinions the better.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:51 am

God I've fallen so behind. Would you believe I only found out about the revamp yesterday? So much stuff has been going on in my RL, it's not even funny. Anyway, I have not had the time to go over things properly, but if the new Family is still similar to the old Family, it's pretty dang useful. It's good for making a character have more options for more situations. Anyway, I'm gonna go through this update and change what needs a-changing on my character sheet. On another note, when life gets you down, listen to a song about an anglerfish by hank green. It's sure helping me right now.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:52 am

Actually Deathstorm, you don't HAVE to change your character to the new system if you don't like it.

Seems that most people think I should go with Family...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:07 pm

It's not that I don't like it, it's that I've had zero free time to go over it, and I barely have time to keep up with the two campaigns I'm in. From my skimming it certainly seems interesting, but I just don't have the moments to spare to read it thoroughly. I'm trying to sneak in what I can, though.

Edit: It appears that between Naturally Skilled being removed for no longer being useful, and Family, I have 3 extra ability points. From now on, Piasa is a full-on Telepath. Behold, This is the new Piasa, the one with Telepathy.

Edit twice because I hate double-posting: Does Reliability stack with Derp? Because while Derp say you start the day with an extra Magic point, Reliability says you can't have Magic points. I remember there being some discussion in the mechanics threads about it, but I can't remember how it turned out for the life of me. Also, I've been playing Far Cry 3 lately, which may have messed up my idea of which animals belong where on the globe. Anyway, I'll just change that little cat over to something more setting-appropriate.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah I was wondering about the derp-reliability thing too. Seems like you would take one or the other.

On another note welcome Jack! Nice to meet you!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 am

Since Reliability says you can't have magic points - you don't get the magic points from derp.

That doesn't mean you wouldn't still want to take both of those abilities though.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:14 am

Oh, you mean, like how it allows you to reroll 2s and 3s too, cause it makes them natural 1s. I guess that makes sense.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:39 am

StairC -  Ooh, are you coming to us to answer our questions now?  Instead of waiting for us to visit the question (or update, as the case may be) threads?

Big Smiles, Sweetie

Just kidding, thanks for answering that anyways though.

Deathstorm- no problem.  Don't hold it against you- while I have a good general sense of where animals are from, I had/have to look things up sometimes too!  In particular I know pre-Colombian (boo Columbus) America in particular is not a well-known topic for most people.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:37 am

Hmmm... not exactly going to have the same effect if someone else has the viture family... still, I think I'll give it to Arcantos. Suits him more than Reliability.

And I noticed we now have Grandur twice, which is a little redundant as it doesn't stack. Although it does give the one that has Grandur the +1 bonus as well, I don't think its worth it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Or if you split the party

Daring Do 
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:57 pm

... Yes, that too....

*Watches GM carefully*

Anyway, the new Arcantos has lost the ability to see magic, but can now see in the dark, has telekinesis, 8 points in all attributes and +2 to all untrained skills.

So he has 11 in two skills, and 10 in the other. Not bad at all, is it?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:20 am

Is Piasa there yet? I seem to remember sending him back towards the party, but I don't know if he arrived. Did he just come up in the background? That reminds me, how did Ch'aska hear Rufus speak? He should just sound like a chittering animal.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:27 am

When Piasa commented, it didn't say he was speaking through Rufus, so I assumed he must have arrived, since the comment beforehand stated he was heading towards them.

Sorry about carrying on this big conversation without you. If you have any objections, or anything else to say, go ahead and say so. Smile 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:37 am

Oh yes, you're there now.  I think we all assumed that WAS Piasaspeaking.

Glyph Magic (since I haven't explained it)- fairly straightforward, you can probably guess how it works (and seem to have).  Write a glyph (or more than one!), stuff happens

Though the result may not always match your intention- that's what the arcana roll is for, though clever use of words and situation may effect things too (for example, the skull's own magic may be interfering with your attempts)

In general, I'd like you to try to use words that IRL we know Mayan symbols for (examples here and here):  I'll accept any others you find)  but I'll let you use other words as well (though I would like a history check in those cases, or a history assist from another character when you do that)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:46 am

Alright, sorry. Just needed that cleared up. However, I think I may need a new color for Rufus to speak through, because that whole metaphors post was in Rufus's grey, not the normal black lettering. I just figured that the interplay of predators was something an animal like Rufus would pretty much know. I can retroactively make it Piasa speaking, since that's what people assumed.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:48 am

Aah, okay that makes sense. I WAS wondering why Piasa was talking like that
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:21 am

I just had a thought. If Crystalline lets the player impersonate a boulder, there should be an upgrade that lets you impersonate a statue. Could make for some funny Trojan Dragon style shenanigans. "Your Imperial Majesty, an anonymous gift has arrived for you! Yet another dragon sculpture for your garden! Wait where did it go?"
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:16 am

... That is actually rather hilarious XD
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 pm

Hmm, so are you setting out on your way? Or are there still things you want to say/do?

As Arcantos said, you can plan on your way/once you catch up with them. Else you might require a change of plans en route!

This can be a difficult part for me (and you guys possibly!) when the party is deciding on a course of action and its unclear whether you're moving on or not. Please make it clear for me, so I'm not waiting to set things in motion because I wasn't clear whether you had all decided or not! (or, more unlikely, set things moving when you haven't decided yet)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next