Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

+6
LoganAura
mjh6
Fury of the Tempest
Deathstorm50
Marona
Curunir
10 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 3 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Curunir Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Ah, always asking for things, Fury Very Happy

Nice to see someone else requesting things.

Yes, I enjoy both Paper Shadow's Combat Expansion (I've used it, sadly in a campaign that seems to have ended) as well as Talent Specialization. Hey, part of the reason for being here is to test out this system and try different things. I find nothing objectionable with allowing use of either of those, so go for it (unless anyone else objects)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 3 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:41 pm

Arcantos is fully finished.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:54 am

Okay, putting up campaign post... now.

And it begins! The first post is just setting up some background information and atmosphere. The actual action is going to begin with your characters.

Repeating what I said before, I would like you for your first post to introduce your character going about their business. Usual or unusual, affected by preparations for upcoming celebrations or not (dragons, sounds like you're all alone, but doesn't stop you from having your own plans for the new cycle, if you care. Or maybe you're not alone. Lone Dragons will sometimes gather in local ruins for occasions such as this, or if they can make it, to the great city of Kukulkin). Doesn't necessarily have to be anything long.

I should be able to manage to bring your characters together quickly. I'll have to be flexible, but I think I have enough different options of how this can go!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:18 pm

Ah, looks like you dragons saved me a lot of effort.  Now I'll just have to find a way to have you and the llama end up in the same place.  

mjh6, if you have a problem with me using the NPCs in your backstory (or how I'm using them), let me know!  Just thought I'd use them while you're still in your home village- they're an excellent resource for me, so I don't have to make as many of my own- and they have a clearer story connection to you.  

Same goes for everyone else- although you have less background characters (at least, fewer ones that are still alive or around)

---
Note on Languages of the World
Since I just realized it might come up sooner or later:
-For convenience, all PCs, and most important NPCs (at least any with any education) will speak a sort of Common, which is a severely degraded form of draconic. Each race also has their own more localized language.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:21 pm

Is it ok if Keeper speaks all the languages in the region and a few older forms of draconic?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:28 pm

With Keeper's history score and background, I would definitely say yes to knowing a lot of Old Draconic (skill checks may still apply if trying to read it, but those shouldn't be too hard for you).

As for other languages, I suppose that's something else you would've been trained to do- you can at least communicate at a basic level in most other languages- although you probably use a more antiquated form of them. When leveling up you might want to look into the Utility Talent "Many Tongues" if the ability to speak in any language interests you!
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 pm

That seems more than fair, thanks.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Would Arcantos know old dragon?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:46 pm

You probably know some, although certainly not to the extent of Keeper.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:48 pm

... I'm guessing that's only because Keeper is a keeper?

Also, I posted that Arcantos was already at the clock, not making his way there.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Oh, its fine if you use them. Makes things more interesting:) 

I feel like Ch'aska's siblings should be mentioned as not currently living in the village, but rather visiting for the holiday (which is nice of them)
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:... I'm guessing that's only because Keeper is a keeper?

Also, I posted that Arcantos was already at the clock, not making his way there.
Partially because of her training as a Keeper, yes, but also mechanically from her high history ability. Giving your character some credit for his interest in ancient dragon accomplishments- You'll just need to succeed on History skill checks to see how much you can read.

Ah, okay, you're already there, that's fine, seeing as you said you've been spending a few days wandering Kukulkin... You can still make some checks if you want to represent the time you spent wandering the ruins up to this point, or for your current investigation of the calendar.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 pm

Perception check was 27
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:10 pm

So, I guess the first thing i would like to do is attempt to escape from the ropes. I don't think that it would work, but what kind of check would I need to make to do that?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:04 pm

Are either of you other two with me gonna say/do anything? If not, Keeper still has that other thing she wants to do.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:01 am

mjh6 wrote:So, I guess the first thing i would like to do is attempt to escape from the ropes. I don't think that it would work, but what kind of check would I need to make to do that?
Oh, no reason not to try!

Good question- If you're just trying to force your way out of the ropes, I'd say try Athletics, or try Precision/Mechanics to wiggle your way out. Failing that, you could try to find another way to free yourself, or wait for an opportunity (or help)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:27 am

going for an Athletics check...
ha, after two crit fails in a row- natural 20

20+8=28

Not sure if that's going to be enough, but...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:34 am

Athletics Check Response:
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:04 pm

Curunir wrote:(Everyone else still there? Did you perhaps miss Piasa's post with Rufus' warning in this flurry of Ch'aska-centered action?)
Like Fury, I wasn't sure if that information came from you. But more importantly, Piasa himself didn't respond to the mole and my character can't understand it, so as far as Keeper knows, nothing actually happened to be responding to.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Ah, sorry about the confusion.  Yes, yes it was planned by me.  I'll try to be clearer about that sort of thing-  I should have just posted what Rufus noticed IC instead of sending a PM.

EDIT: Of course, even if whatever was going on wasn't planned by me, doesn't mean you couldn't have responded to it anyways.

Ch'aska, do a persuasion check, please.

Last edited by Curunir on Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Persuasion check

16+5=21
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Personally, I didn't respond to Rufus first because, in my mind, Piasa was on an entirely different track, and being interrupted is always a hard thing for me, since if I'm on a subject I like, and someone comes in with something random but urgent, it still takes my mind a few seconds to switch. Since I tried to base a bit of Piasa on my bookwormy bits, I made it so that, in all likelihood, Arcantos would be more quick on the draw, response-wise.

Also, I sure as hell wouldn't so risky as to say there was danger if I wasn't sure it was a thing that was happening. I'm still new to roleplaying, and I'll play safe until I get a better hold on how it works. Also, any advice is much appreciated, since I'm sending every post with the constant worry I've said something incredibly stupid hanging over my head, and I'd rather not paralyze myself with fear with every word I type.

Also, sorry for not being active over the weekend, family, homework, sleep, etcetera. I had little time to me then, and little now, but I shall return sometime today, probably.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:42 pm

I said this in character, but I want to be clear. Fury, I don't appreciate the hostility and I don't want it to end up with in character drama. Or OOC drama either for that matter.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm

Marona wrote:I said this in character, but I want to be clear. Fury, I don't appreciate the hostility and I don't want it to end up with in character drama. Or OOC drama either for that matter.
... The fuck you talking about?

I'm just having my character act in character. What the hell is with this backlash?!
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Yeah, that stuff you just did... that's exactly what I didn't want to have to deal with. Curunir, can you explain to me why people here put up with this? Because I don't want to have someone yelling at me, in or out of character, every time I have my character do something that person doesn't like.

Seriously, I'm not even going to respond to what he did IC. Keeper is just going to ignore him. If he presses the issue... I guess Fury can find out the result the hard way.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next