Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

+6
LoganAura
mjh6
Fury of the Tempest
Deathstorm50
Marona
Curunir
10 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 6 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 am

He has a point... you reply with threats a lot...

Also, as we have, or going to have 6 people. Do we still need to have the OOC asking for more people?

And I agree with the suggestion. As Arcantos has mage-craft, the rings would be best on him. They'll be a great help to him, as well.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two) - Page 6 Empty Re: A New World (Not really full actually, at this point - would probably accept a character or two)

Post  Curunir Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:49 am

Good point, I'll change the OOC thread title, thanks.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:56 am

We like to make sure people know when they're skittering close to breaking rules if possible. That way they have time to step back and change their behavior, or else explain to the moderator that they're reading the posts wrong or there's some other miscommunication (tone in particular is really hard to come across in text). Otherwise, when someone breaks the rules - it can come as a surprise when they get the rules-required moderation.

However, if you'd like to ask a moderator to help mediate your conflict - or try to solve your problem as you put it - feel free to PM one of us and ask for our input. We'll be happy to provide any help we can.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:11 am

He? Since when have I been a he?

Specifically asking for help from people who don't seem inclined to put the effort in to do so on their own seems like a waste of energy, as the kinds of moderators who can solve issues without punishments or threats typically don't need to be specifically asked to try to do so. Though I think I'm going to stop speaking on this topic as I've looked a bit and seen the results of how that's gone for others.

Edit: Gee, next time we accidentally kill something with how awesome we are, I hope those of us who actually did it get some loot. =P
(I'm teasing here. It looks like all the swag is gonna go to Arcantos, but really without knowing what the skull does it's hard to say if it'd actually be of any use to him.)
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:15 am

Thanks to the new rule that's been made about IP addresses and my own personal circumstances, I apparently have to quit the forum (or I guess I'll be banned). I asked for an exception to be made, but Pingcode refused to do so. This really sucks because I was enjoying playing here. Well, I just wanted people to know what was up. I'll check back in tomorrow and maybe on occasion later to see if something changes in this policy/decision.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 am

For clarification purposes, this was a collective decision by the staff to not permit exceptions to the use of proxies, not the ruling of any one staff member. This ruling was necessary to prevent the abuse of proxies to circumvent moderation action, and Marona is welcome to continue posting from any non-obscured IP address.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:38 am

This... could be very problematic.

I can understand non wanting people to get around bans using proxies, but why can't someone that's always used a proxy continue RPing?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:43 am

They absolutely can continue RPing, just so long as they post from their real IP address from now on.

Naturally, if someone continues to use a fake IP address - it'd be easy for the account to be a ban-evasion or a backup secondary account created by someone that wanted to avoid bans ahead of time (or spread the moderation around).
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:45 am

Well, has Mar explained why they've been posting via proxy?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 am

We did ask for clarification on why and Marona said she needed to use proxy addresses in order to access various websites. Why this might be the case wasn't made clear. 

Sadly, there isn't any excuse that we can realistically make an exception for. After all, if there was an exception made - any dishonest person that's just trying to ban evade or run two accounts could claim the same circumstance.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 am

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:After all, if there was an exception made - any dishonest person that's just trying to ban evade or run two accounts could claim the same circumstance.
Only if it was actually known there is an exception.

Until this came up, I didn't know Mar used a proxy and I doubt I could ever find that out myself.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:56 am

Even if we weren't transparent about how the rules work and what exceptions are allowed (really not something that sounds like a good idea to me at least) we really don't have any way of verifying an exception's truth. It'd come down to personal judgments based on how honest we think someone is, and that's really sticky territory to get into for such a general rule.

Either way, it seems things have been quickly clarified and we don't want to gum up the OOC with a rules discussion. If you want to continue asking about this, feel free to PM Logan, Pingcode or I. Pingcode is the most technical side of things.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:58 am

... You know, I can't help but have a sense of irony, as I'm currently posting via proxy myself.

Don't always do so, but I am currently...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:59 am

That's absolutely fine. Just post from your genuine IP address from now on.

And with that, back to the OOC stuff.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:22 am

So, can I make a history check? If Deathstorm50 doesn't want me to that's fine, but I just wanted to see if Ch'aska, who's interested in omens, had heard anything.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Deathstorm50 Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:14 am

Oh I'm fine with it, it'll make for interesting character interactions. I just think Piasa's not the kind of guy who would realize he just freaked someone out just by existing, so it'll have to be Ch'aska who brings it up. Preferably in front of the others, as it'll be great fun to see. Mainly because, since Piasa's suggestion that crystal dragons mean stuff, he got lukewarm responses from his comrades. And then someone comes along, practically right afterwards, to confirm Piasa's theory? It's potentially too priceless a scene to pass up, ever. So not only do I want you to roll history on crystal dragons, I really want you to succeed, and turn up something juicy.

Edit: And please, just call me Death. Or Storm, if you prefer. The full name may be my handle on this crazy internet, but it's a mouthful, honestly.
Deathstorm50
Deathstorm50
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:04 am

mjh6: Ch'aska would have heard stories about dragons sometimes showing up in Llama history- often around the time of important events. In the manner of stories, they were often unusual dragons- the main ones she can remember is silver or gold dragons representing Mother Moon or Father Sun, respectively. There might have been some crystal dragons in there somewhere- in any case, she feels that any unusual dragon is an omen of great things- though uncertain whether an omen for good or ill.

Deathstorm: That's all the description I was given, can't answer all your questions. As for the coloring, it's sapphire as in blue, as far as I'm aware!- I briefly wondered if that would be confusing!

As I said, Silvers hasn't finished his character sheet, not sure if he'll post before then- so I said I could have his character be asleep until he's ready (but I really wanted to introduce his character then, considering the circumstances)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:22 pm

So... are people allowed to use the New ability system?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:31 pm

If everyone wants, I suppose, but I'll repeat an opinion I've seen in other campaigns trying to make that decision- it might pay to wait and see how it develops.

In any case, I still have a player who hasn't finished their character sheet. If we're going to do it, I'd probably wait at the very least until you guys have to level up and change things anyways (which shouldn't be terribly long, depending on what gets accomplished in-game)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

So, everyone has to use it, or none?

It is meant to be able to be used with the old version. So some people can have the current version, and others the ability system.

Also, I'm guessing its my post?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Well, sure, if it won't slow things up I suppose go ahead and switch to the new version. Please just make a copy of your old character sheet in case anyone else objects (not that I see any reason to)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 pm

Two questions first. For simplicities sake, can we house-rule magical tricks & magecraft as costing 3 points each?

Also, can I swap out the expert skill for Applejack-of-all-trades? It suits my character more.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:46 pm

Question one: yes, that makes sense- as those were utilities under the old system and you had them before.

Question two:  Hmm, I feellike I should say no to that- since it is built in under the new system, but then again, that's not an unreasonable request- and the way things are priced in the new system you're actually losing points to make the switch (if you consider the Expert Skill equivalent to the 2 racial points it was in the old system)

So go ahead (unless anyone else objects blah blah blah)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Alright, thanks!

I'm not going to edit my current sheet. Instead, I'll be making a new one. I'll link it when I'm done.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Alright, thank you.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next