Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:01 pm

Crystalite wrote:Zammy

It's like he wants me to do horrible things to him in my other campaigns.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 3 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 pm

Dammit. It keeps auto correcting for some bizarre reason You WHAT!?

EDIT: @APW: Short version: No, no they can't. And before you ask, you can't get Gifted twice either.

Last edited by Crystalite on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Zammy

It's like he wants me to do horrible things to him in my other campaigns.
Would you prefer just Zam then? People gotta have some shortening of your name, after all
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:16 pm

Zam is perfectly fine. I've always despised Sammy due to the people who would say it so it carries over onto Zammy as well.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Zam is good. Duly noted.

. .. Copper, I don't even know if you want a spot yet, but I already know I'm going to like whatever you come up with. (Probably.) Get after it, you're keeeeeling mee!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

I apologize for seeming whiny, but I must confess to being a tad confused at this juncture. Is the mind-effecting resistance moving forward or no? And if so, how many points? (I presume you're needing time to think that second part over, but nothing's actually been said re:that so far.)
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Frankly, I need time to think about the first part too. You can have it; HOWEVER, I will write it up and send it to you, along with the point value (For now, assume about 5 points; might be more, might be less.)
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Well I originally just made that comment because I felt like I should, but now that I read the opening post, this looks really fun. I already have a character in mind, but it's not one I've put into solidity before. In fact, I'm taking my character concept from when I played Super Heroes with my friend in elementary school. Suffice to say, I'm probably going to do a self-insert of my ten-year-old self with the super powers I always pretended I had, if nobody thinks this is a bad idea, and she will be a Gifted.

If people are wondering what super powers she'll have, I can just tell you what super powers I always pretended to have: the ability to turn into any kind of living creature, and telepathy. Not trying to step on the toes of others, just thinking that it would be a bit difficult to talk to party members when she's in the form of a bug...
inb4 bugs can't talk :maud:

I'll probably just pull a cute picture out of google images for character image, since drawing people is too much hassle for me (though I can do it, I just don't want to for this character), and stuff.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:35 am

And that seems like the perfect time for me to post a link to HeroMachine. I keep messing with it then setting it aside periodically over the past several years but barring the learning curve, it can be a really useful program.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:03 am

Where you think I got Phoenix's picture from? Or Horizon, or any of my other LL characters. Doesn't have much in the way of children templates, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:05 am

That's cool to know about now, Zam, but it's not quite the style I was looking for for my character, who I know have started assembling. Meet Sunset Wolf, or Erica Rosewood. More description than background this time, and multiple faces in the char image cleared by using colors that correspond with the image combined with the names, like Sunset Wolf. More on her later, though, as my brain is telling me it's 1 am, despite it being only 10 pm *shakes fist at Washington DC*
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 am

Bronymous wrote:Where you think I got Phoenix's picture from? Or Horizon, or any of my other LL characters. Doesn't have much in the way of children templates, though.

I know you knew about it but wasn't sure about others. The program has a pretty noticeable art style though some people have pulled off rather creative stuff with it.

In other news, I think I figured out how to build a rescue helicopter but it might not be worth it as far as points are concerned.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:47 am

@Zamuel: Nice to know about that. Thank you.

@Copper: YAY! A size shifter! Somebody loves me!

Ideas for other talents. I think a classical Quickshifter build, I. E. flight and anything else your animal forms might have, plus the newer CT (I keep wanting to call it A Thousand Faces) would work well here. Alternatively, we could make something akin to the Shapeshifter talents (I really miss those  Sad  )
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:35 pm

Crystalite wrote:Zam is good. Duly noted.

Oh.  From another thread I assumed it was a deliberate trolling as opposed to simply seeking a shorter nickname.  In that, I apologize for the outburst.

In other news, requesting feedback as it may or may not be of use for the campaign: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t821-degrees-of-success-and-other-mutants-masterminds-concepts#78346
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:17 pm

Crystalite wrote:@Copper: YAY!  A size shifter! Somebody loves me!
I'm just pulling this stuff from the imagination of my 10 year old self =P though I did think it pretty cool that you put [inspired by Copper Rose]
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Copper Rose wrote:I'm just pulling this stuff from the imagination of my 10 year old self

The best superheros come from the imagination of ones 10 year old self.

#Phoenixisold
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Well

That took longer than I wanted.

Time for you all to meet Shoot, or as I like to call her "Everyone except Sunset Wolf gets Telekinesis apparently". For those of you who can't afford the time to click the link and read what's there, she's a black woman, short and strong, who doesn't talk much and has had amnesia since September 2008. She is also a Gifted who can make bamboo grow rapidly from any surface.

No, you don't understand. Any surface.

As per usual nowadays, I have an editable (non PDF) version which I will post the link to when we level up. The PDF version keeps the proper fonts and formatting, though.

EDIT: Looks like that's gonna be quicker than I thought - I found an error! That "Trained" next to Perception should be next to Heal, which of course should be an 11 instead of an 8. Here is the linked version.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 pm

We don't have any Gifted Marksmen do we?....

BRB reclassing....
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:16 pm

It's shocking how quickly the Ability points go by! Also,
One of the Animals (Changeling’s Trickery) (6) – At Will<21>
Preparation Time: 30 seconds
You change your appearance to that of any medium-sized intelligent creature that you have seen (no more than twice your original size, and no less than half your original size). It takes a perception check of DC 34+(Your Level) to see through the disguise. You may also choose to take on a unique form of another race, similar to that created by the Alter Ego talent, which is impossible to recognize as a disguise. You retain access to this ability even if you are currently in another race’s form.
I'm assuming this part is going to be ignored in favor of rp? Another thing, I think it would make more sense for Sunset Wolf to be able to fly only when she has wings, just like changelings can use magic when they're unicorns but not as pegasi.

I was also planning on giving more description of Crystal and Monica under Companion descriptions, but I didn't have enough points for that either. I guess I'll just add their descriptions in Additional Notes.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Points are a funny thing. Pending on your end goals, there may be ways to trim or repurpose your build a bit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:23 pm

Looking over Serena's abilities, I realized that
1.There wasn't much that I'd want to recharge with Tenacity(am I ever really going to need Immovable 11 times in 1 day?)
2. i really wanted to justify taking Magic Touch as more than a filler choice
3. Generosity is the best element.

Long story short, Serena's virtue is now Charity
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Copper Rose wrote:
I'm assuming this part is going to be ignored in favor of rp? Another thing, I think it would make more sense for Sunset Wolf to be able to fly only when she has wings, just like changelings can use magic when they're unicorns but not as pegasi.

Yeah, that would make more sense. Too bad there isn't an Ability and/or ex-Racial Trait that allows you to gain new abilities when you transform while losing other ones.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 pm

We could always houserule it to be a part of CT
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:43 am

Hey,something that's been bugging me about Serena is that I can't come up with a good superhero code name for her. I guess I'd like to ask for help thinking of one. You know, if that's okay...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:06 am

Well, if you're the daughter of Diamond, why not Platinum?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next