Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 8 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:44 am

Forms of flight theoretically allow him to stop momentum in three dimensions with enough effort. Get thrown at a tree? Nope. That said, the penalty might require investing in it but never actually flying.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 8 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:47 am

I'm actually planning on slowly learning to fly, so SW is actually using It's Almost Like Flying to actually fly. I'm definitely not used to being the only flying character.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:33 am

Yes, it could help with being thrown against a tree. It also requires consciousness and capacity to make the effort. Airborne doesn't require either, you could be out cold, but you still take no damage. Minor disadvantage, minor advantage.

A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:00 am

Actually, if you don't already know this, Airborne and It's Almost Like Flying have the same cost (1), so the purpose you guys are talking about (stopping momentum to prevent damage) seems something for which you probably just want to take Airborne for. Just saying (I'm tired, so derp is happening and I don't know where) Cheerilee Derp 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:59 am

I think you are derping. Airborne only stops falling damage, regardless of physical or mental state. IALF as I'm using it stops movement in all directions, but only when I can consciously decide to use it. Also, airborne is somehow an elemental resistance, and I already have one of those, so I can't take another.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:48 am

^A shame about already having a resistance, because when you really think about it, being thrown against something is just falling at it from a different direction! Everything is relative.

@Shoot's picture: sure, let's go with that. I imagined the armor a little lighter, and that pink blotch is distracting, but thanks regardless of that.

@Crystalite: PMing you a more private question now and will have Shoot's five points reassigned by the end of the day. Whoo-hoo
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:12 am

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:@Shoot's picture: sure, let's go with that. I imagined the armor a little lighter, and that pink blotch is distracting, but thanks regardless of that.

Lighter as in color, or lighter as in material (which in this case would also be color)? And yeah that pink, I don't know why they decided to make that a thing instead of letting me color it. Not the only gun/holster, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:17 pm

mjh6 wrote:Why is the no falling damage ability an elemental resistance again?

I think to explicitly reduce stacking. Might be something to suggest adjusting though. The old name was cooler and this is already a system with flight options.

As far as Shoot is concerned, I'm guessing you were looking for something more overtly like a Legionnaire outfit? How modern would this be? Contemplating making an attempt at the image. Plus, I'm wondering if green would be be more distinct of an eye color than blue, considering her powers.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Added in character sheets. Bronymous, if you want to bend Airborne some to do that I'm cool with it.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Lighter as in color, or lighter as in material (which in this case would also be color)? And yeah that pink, I don't know why they decided to make that a thing instead of letting me color it. Not the only gun/holster, though.

ZamuelNow wrote:
As far as Shoot is concerned, I'm guessing you were looking for something more overtly like a Legionnaire outfit? How modern would this be? Contemplating making an attempt at the image. Plus, I'm wondering if green would be be more distinct of an eye color than blue, considering her powers.

As I'm sure you two are aware, you don't need to do this for me. Razz

Lighter as in color, though if the material would be that dark naturally then keeping it this way's for the best. If there are other guns/holsters, I admittedly wouldn't mind a darker colored gun. Green eyes are also probably better than blue, cause of the powers, so that should probably be a thing. As for moderness of the Legionairre outfit...probably something more pop-culture than period-accurate, to be honest. If this were ACTUALLY ancient Rome, I'd worry about that, but as we're playing a superhero game about people choosing their own costumes, pop culture-accurate actually seems more realistic. Is that what you were wondering?

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Bronymous' outfit for Shoot seemed based off the Roman legion.  My assumption, based off of APW's description, was that she was supposed to be based off of the French Foreign Legion.  I used this as the vague inspiration.  If my assumption was wrong, um...oops.

Droids you were looking for, these are not.

Last edited by ZamuelNow on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Huh.

That sure is a thing.

Well, I apologize for indirectly leading to your headaches, but the Roman Legion was indeed what I was thinking of. Would the French Legion make more sense and be less anachronistic? Yes. Is this a superhero game? Also yes. So Roman Legion it is!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Fair enough. Bronymous' image does look good so that's cool.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm

Crystalite wrote:
Characters:
I just realized, three out of the six characters in this game start with the letter S.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:47 pm

You know what's worse? Cal's last name is Spencer. I knew there was a reason he was going to be on a first name basis with most of the characters.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 pm

Wasn't mjh6 contemplating giving Serena a different name for the costumed identity?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:08 pm

Yes! If it's ok, Serena is now the Iron Maiden. Just haven't got around to putting that one her character sheet yet.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Oh yeah, Iron Maiden. Forgot about that part when making this:
super image:
Imma assume that she looks like this, at least until you specify otherwise, because why not =P
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:52 pm

I'd imagine her a bit more covered up, and during actual hero work she'd probably tie her hair back, but otherwise it looks nice. Thank you!
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:36 pm

Crystalite wrote:Added in character sheets. Bronymous, if you want to bend Airborne some to do that I'm cool with it.

I... don't? I wanna do what I'm doing already.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:As I'm sure you two are aware, you don't need to do this for me.

DON'T care, gonna do it anyway.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Lighter as in color, though if the material would be that dark naturally then keeping it this way's for the best. If there are other guns/holsters, I admittedly wouldn't mind a darker colored gun. Green eyes are also probably better than blue, cause of the powers, so that should probably be a thing. As for moderness of the Legionairre outfit...probably something more pop-culture than period-accurate, to be honest. If this were ACTUALLY ancient Rome, I'd worry about that, but as we're playing a superhero game about people choosing their own costumes, pop culture-accurate actually seems more realistic. Is that what you were wondering?

Well that's the only Roman Legion outfit they have, and I'm not entirely sure what more "Pop culturey" would even look like? I can change the eye color, lighten the colors a bit, and swap the gun, easy, but do you have any particular "Pop Culture" detail or design idea in mind? I'll put it in if possible.

Copper Rose wrote:Oh yeah, Iron Maiden. Forgot about that part when making this:
SUPER IMAGE:
Imma assume that she looks like this, at least until you specify otherwise, because why not =P

Pfft amateur. GET YOUR OWN HOBBY!
In srsly though, probably would have made one for Iron Maiden, too, but I hadn't gotten to her character sheet yet to notice it didn't have a picture. BUT, since I have officially started class and now have homework and stuff to occupy my time, I won't have to fill hours on hours with Heromachine.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:09 pm

So... are we getting close to starting? Don't want to be pushy, just asking.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Bronymous wrote:
Crystalite wrote:Added in character sheets. Bronymous, if you want to bend Airborne some to do that I'm cool with it.

I... don't? I wanna do what I'm doing already.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:As I'm sure you two are aware, you don't need to do this for me.

DON'T care, gonna do it anyway.

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote:Lighter as in color, though if the material would be that dark naturally then keeping it this way's for the best. If there are other guns/holsters, I admittedly wouldn't mind a darker colored gun. Green eyes are also probably better than blue, cause of the powers, so that should probably be a thing. As for moderness of the Legionairre outfit...probably something more pop-culture than period-accurate, to be honest. If this were ACTUALLY ancient Rome, I'd worry about that, but as we're playing a superhero game about people choosing their own costumes, pop culture-accurate actually seems more realistic. Is that what you were wondering?

Well that's the only Roman Legion outfit they have, and I'm not entirely sure what more "Pop culturey" would even look like? I can change the eye color, lighten the colors a bit, and swap the gun, easy, but do you have any particular "Pop Culture" detail or design idea in mind? I'll put it in if possible.

Copper Rose wrote:Oh yeah, Iron Maiden. Forgot about that part when making this:
SUPER IMAGE:

Pfft amateur. GET YOUR OWN HOBBY!
In srsly though, probably would have made one for Iron Maiden, too, but I hadn't gotten to her character sheet yet to notice it didn't have a picture. BUT, since I have officially started class and now have homework and stuff to occupy my time, I won't have to fill hours on hours with Heromachine.
Quote ALL THE POSTS!!1!
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:44 pm

Hey, I made a Hero Machine 3 version of Cal. I'm not sure which I prefer, so I'd like some other opinions.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 8 9f4eb5e5-1d13-44bb-aa45-b7aa5f50b4ce_zpsdb872322

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 8 3af03170-bb29-4ab6-b488-2e2a85f1517c_zps4b2eec9e
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 pm

The HM3 version looks slimmer so it might be a better fit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Random boredom post
basic catalog of our powers:
feel free to point out any more things that can be added to this

Last edited by Copper Rose on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next