Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

+4
Dr Blight
Sobana
sunbeam
ZamuelNow
8 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Sobana Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 pm

Alright, I got my game plan all set up then. This turn I'm going to attack, next turn build energy, then on my third turn heal up! =D
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 8 Empty Re: Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Just to be clear: that means we roll 5d20. On three successes we pass the check and on three fails we roll edurance or take damage? Or do we roll endurance for EACH fail?

Assuming that IS the case, how do you handle natural 1's in this situation? Do you type out the results yourself or do you let us handle it? Because...well..

in order:
3+9(acrobatics)=12 (fail)
4+9(acrobatics)=13 (fail)
18+9(acrobatics)=27 (success)
12+9(acrobatics)=21 (success)
1+9(acrobatics)=10 (nat 1 fail)

19+7(endurance)=26 (success, assuming the nat 1 doesn't do something to it)

It takes a 5 or less on a d20 for me to fail and somehow I did it three times, with a nat 1 to top off the failcake. Dice really want me to get hit I guess.

Btw what's the difference between Fatal Damage and regular Damage?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

http://askdarknebula.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Dr Blight wrote:Just to be clear: that means we roll 5d20. On three successes we pass the check and on three fails we roll edurance or take damage? Or do we roll endurance for EACH fail?

Each failure and yes it's 5d20.

Btw what's the difference between Fatal Damage and regular Damage?

Fatal damage is based off of Wanderlust's setup.  Instead of the LL system for going comatose and losing energy, Fatal HP stacks until out of combat healing or an extended rest.  Or you die.  I have Fatal HP set to 50 as a counterpoint to HP being 50 in my campaigns.

Assuming that IS the case, how do you handle natural 1's in this situation? Do you type out the results yourself or do you let us handle it? Because...well..

in order:
3+9(acrobatics)=12 (fail)
4+9(acrobatics)=13 (fail)
18+9(acrobatics)=27 (success)
12+9(acrobatics)=21 (success)
1+9(acrobatics)=10 (nat 1 fail)

19+7(endurance)=26 (success, assuming the nat 1 doesn't do something to it)

It takes a 5 or less on a d20 for me to fail and somehow I did it three times, with a nat 1 to top off the failcake. Dice really want me to get hit I guess.

This is an interesting multipart issue and the response will be as such.  I guess the nat 1 will deny the ability to roll Endurance and thus you automatically take the damage.  For the other two, I'm rather surprised you didn't use Hop, Skip and Jump.  Since it's not an interrupt, I won't allow it for the nat 1.  However, I'm not a killer GM so I will let you use it since I figure it was an omission instead of not using it on purpose.  Something else is the fact that you have a magic point to serve as a +10 to a check (though nat 1s are often treated as being a -20 penalty to the DC attempt).

Where things get really interesting is the fact that you're paired with Gearick.  On top of generic MP assistance, he has multiple teleport options for himself or others.  It requires Arcana rolls instead of Acrobatics/Athletics but it is an option.  There's less chance of dying than your current situation seems.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:08 pm

Honestly I forgot I had it till after I posted the rolls and by then I thought it was too late.

Factoring it in, those first two become:
8+4+4+9=25
8+10+7+9=34

I assume that's both my uses for the day.

So do you prefer to be the one to say what happens in character with a Nat 1 or should I just decide for myself and include it in the post?
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:32 am

Sobana, I don't think this affects much this turn, but for future reference everything I activate on my turn happens before your turn starts. So before you took ongoing damage, you gained 10 temp hp and activated your d8 crit.

Feel free to flavor your actions in whatever order you like, but for the purpose of resolving a series of actions, that's the order they occur.

Also, to clarify, when you activate your d8 crit, you use it once. Next time you get a d8 crit, you can use it again. I'm not certain from the way you wrote, but it looked like you could be planning on activating it turn after turn.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:24 am

Oh, the way I read it was that Noir did the attack on the last round so the damage was applied during that round then during the next round you gave me the temp health. Because last time I tried to knock off the ongoing damage before my turn ended up but GM said the damage was already applied so I figured all the damage I got during the last round happened during that round.
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:34 am

Dr Blight wrote:Does Trotson have to roll to endure?

No:
  • Trying to limit rolls needed
  • From prior experience, I wholly expect companions to fail. Less of a concern the less a companion does.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:50 am

What's control counter do? Are you just making up stuff to mess with me? =p
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 am

We don't know yet, because I've been able to keep up on my job at getting rid of them. But we might find out now.

Say, if I use selfless act and steal control counters, do they stack? And how? So if I grabbed Nightshade's counter, would I have control Counter (SE) control counter (SE) or 2 control counters (SE both)? Or, my optimistic hope, just control counter (SE).
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:58 am

What ever it is I don't have enough energy to get rid of it. Should I try to save energy to remove it or should I start spamming heals?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:02 pm

I'll take care of the control counters. You do your thing.

Besides, giving Noir a control counter probably accomplishes nothing.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:53 pm

sunbeam wrote:We don't know yet, because I've been able to keep up on my job at getting rid of them. But we might find out now.

Say, if I use selfless act and steal control counters, do they stack? And how? So if I grabbed Nightshade's counter, would I have control Counter (SE) control counter (SE) or 2 control counters (SE both)? Or, my optimistic hope, just control counter (SE).

They stack and actually don't do anything until they stack. Won't come into play until her turn (well, technically the start of Grease's turn).
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

On that note...
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 am

An interesting thought, from a IC perspective how do we know we have a saving end on us? If it is not hurting us nor effecting us physically what tales do we have to go on to let us know we have a passive spell on us?
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:51 am

In that setup, I'm not sure, but I've just been extending the original description of the control counter as an odd bubbly feeling to every control counter since.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah, it's the bubbling sensation.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:00 am

Also, isn't something terrible supposed to happen to me now that I had 3 control counters on me at once for a moment?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:31 pm

It'll happen on Noir's turn/start of your next turn.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Oh. In that case, I only have 2 control counters on me (at both of those moments). Does that change anything?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Nope, only 2 needed.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sobana Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:38 am

Equestrian Radio Show's Adventure Variety Hour: Explorers of STOMP [OOC] pt 2 - Page 8 Index_zpsac6d1ef2
Sobana
Sobana
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:21 am

Sobana, temp HP does let you go over 50. It's the only way I can heal you over 50, which is why I use it so much.
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr Blight Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:57 am

Just wanted to let you guys know ahead of time, this weekend I'll be moving to a new place. Due to packing and the actual move I might be a little slow to post , if at all, till we're done and settled in and have the old apartment cleaned and ready to turn in.

Just giving a heads up.
Dr Blight
Dr Blight
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:06 pm

Crystalite wrote:((I really can't justify not doing this In Character. Somebody stop him.))

This is a dangerous (and frustratingly annoying) train of thought for any role player.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:55 pm

I'm sorry. I don't do this often.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next