The League [IC]

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:11 pm

Ash looks out into the lobby and, without any perceptible movement, her body shifts. Her entire being fades away and she blends into the background noise of the universe. She becomes somebody else's problem, a tiny detail everyone overlooks, a minor blemish you've seen too many times to notice: sure, it's there, it's not invisible, but good luck finding it anyway.

Somebody else's problem creeps into the lobby under the henchmen's noses, attempting to locate Staticaster and learn what she can about the situation.

Meta:
I'm activating Stealth Mode.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:56 am

Stealth Check:
Stealth: 15+10+13=38

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 pm

The henchmen and the hostages are completely unaware of Ash's movement. The hostages seem to be unharmed but look obviously frightened. Ash could hear motion coming from the vault and upon looking in, she saw Staticaster using a magnetic charge from her gauntlets to rip out several safe deposit boxes.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:14 am

Ash ducks behind a counter and whispers across comms. "Hey, firebrand. Trip that lockout for me."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm

"We should get inside." Yuri mutters to Iron maiden. "before that roof door locks with the rest of the building."
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:49 pm

"Yeah, don't want to get left out." Iron Maiden replied, and prepared to exit, while waiting to see if everyone else wanted to come too.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 am

"Good deal, locking down." Phoenix approaches the door, knife in hand. Forcefully, he jams the blade into the the card slot, shoving it into the inner mechanisms, and pries at the casing, hoping it will trigger the lockdown, and not rather unhelpfully just brute force the door open.

Dexterity, right? These Wanderlust stats are weird.
11+15+5 (FK Knives)= 31
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Just as Yuri and Iron Maiden managed to make it inside, Phoenix's lock tampering triggered the vault's closure.  The two henchmen ran towards it and started trying to pry it open.  The one in dark red waved glowing hands at the door while the henchman in grey started to pull as an audible mechanical groan came from the wall.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Ash sneaks up behind the henchman in red.

Stealth check:
Stealth: 15+10+14=39

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:15 am

"Splendid." Yuri says, only a touch sarcastically as the sound of the alarms bounces down the hallway to him. He speeds up to a run and loops around a corner, jumping down a flight of stairs and kicking through a door to the first floor. He notes with mild surprise how easy it is to discern friend from foe, but doesn't hesitate as he charges the closer enemy (the one in gray), slamming into his midsection and taking a firm grip.

OOC:

We don't exactly have the element of surprise, but I can't imagine they expected their assailant to take the stairs.
This is his first move if I haven't overstepped any bounds and I do, in fact, get the first strike off. I'm just using [-1] Grapple - Standard Attack (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature and Grapple it (save ends). A creature Grappled by you cannot target creatures other than you with Single Attack Powers. When a creature Grappled by you starts its turn, it suffers Weakness 10.
2d6=6+5=11 damage to gray goon.
...If he turns out to be related to Grey goo, I'm going to be very displeased.

Initiative=8, by the way.

HP:100
Energy:2
Status:Okay
Yuri has absolutely no idea where Ash is. I flipped a coin to see which one he would attack.


Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:01 pm

The musclebound henchman staggered a bit but didn't seem outright hurt.  There was a chuckle behind his partner's mask. "I was wondering if this job was going to get exciting. Time to slam somebody into a Wall..."
"...and bring down the Hammer!"

OOC:
Yeah, a drop kick is probably going to start a fight.  I've experimented with altered initiative structure in some campaigns but going to stick with regular initiative for now.  At the immediate moment it seems like Yuri and Ash shall be engaging them (if Ash chooses to come out of stealth).  Others may join at the start of the next turn if they choose to.

Initiative:
Wall - 16
Hammer - 4
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Iron Maiden's hesitation cost her a bit. She wasn't there when the fight started, and she really had to book it to reach them in time.

Initiative:
8
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:24 am

Ash slides up next to the red henchman and leans her arm on his shoulder. "Man, the cavalry's on the ball today. And here I thought we'd have a moment to ourselves."

Initiative:
4

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:19 pm

"That's a shame.  The suit's classy and all but you could could do some good in a nice set of spandex.  Oh well, nothing personal."  He snapped his fingers and an invisible force painfully washed over Ash and Yuri.

OOC:
Yuri and Ash take 10 damage.

Initiative:
Wall - 16
Yuri - 8
Iron Maiden - 8 (Joining next turn)
Ash - 4 (flipped a coin since they tied and she's going first)
Hammer - 4
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:44 pm

Ash recovers from the attack and strikes back. "I wanted to talk this out, but there's no reasoning with a man who believes in spandex."

OOC:
Let's see, if I'm following this right I'm doing:
[+3] Falling Fist - Standard Action (Attack, Opener, Single)
Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-3] Super-Combo-KO - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. For each 6 you roll, gain 3 energy.

3+3+6+3=15

Life: 90
Energy: 5

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:14 pm

"Get offa me!" The man struggled to get out of Yuri's grasp, slamming him up against the vault door.  However, he couldn't he couldn't break free from Yuri's triumphant grasp. Meanwhile, the other focused on Ash, "See, you're missing out. If you've got a good figure, spandex helps you flaunt it.  If you don't it, can help you trim up. Best of both worlds." He casually clenched a fist and a clear cube of energy formed around Ash.

OOC:
Having one at the bottom of the initiative and one at the top sorta works out.  And yes, Ash's combo usage was correct.

Yuri takes 25 damage. [attack - Hammer]  This is after weakness but before any armor Yuri might have.
Hammer failed his saving throw.
Ash suffers Weakness 10. [Wall]



Outside, Scratch gave Phoenix a heads up that he noticed something off in the distance that seemed to be approaching from the air.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:35 pm

Yuri pushes off the vault, lifting his target off his feet for a moment. Worried for Ash, he takes the moment to slide a brass door label out of its holder and wing it at the other man, before resuming his grapple with the target in front of him. Where is the rest of the team? He wonders, a touch bothered.

OOC:

Just a polite reminder to mj that her turn is finally here.

The neat thing about this initiative order is that Wall went before me, used up all my armor, then my turn started, and I got all my armor back, then I got to use it all up again with Hammer's attack. End result, I've taken 15 damage so far.
Using [-1] Conjure Rage Spirit - Standard Action (Conjuration)
Create a conjuration with the following statblock.
Rage Spirit - 1 Charge
{+1} Seethe - (Single, Attack)
Deal 2 damage to target creature. Then, if this conjuration has 4 charges it deals 20 damage to target creature, then vanishes.

and [-1] Withering Blade - Minor Utility (Bladespell)
The next Single attack you make also causes the target to suffer Weakness 5.

The Rage Spirit will do 2 damage to Wall (2 charges). Sadly, because I'm not Wall, Withering Blade doesn't activate yet.

Lastly, I'm using Avenger's Challenge to challenge Wall.

HP:85
Energy:0
Status: A-okay, hoping Wall activates my challenge so I can get some old-school batman shenanigans going.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:50 pm

Iron Maiden arrived just in time to hear the guy holding Ash make the remark, and rolled her eyes. "I prefer clothing that's functional." she said, right as she gave him a sucker punch right in the nose. Then she spun around so she could see both of them, and grinned. Course, you guys are gonna be wearing orange jumpsuits soon anyway."

Turn+Status:
[+1] Challenging Strike - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature and Challenge it until the end of your next turn.
d12: 11
So close.

Deal 11 damage to Wall.

Also activating Avenger's challenge on Hammer, so i got both of them in my sights

HP:100
Energy:4
Status: Ready and waiting.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:48 pm

Ash takes advantage of Maiden's distraction and steps behind Wall to weaken him with a few well-placed blows.

OOC:

[+3] Falling Fist - Standard Action (Attack, Opener, Single)
Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-2] Black Lotus - Reaction (Combo, Single, Attack)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Target creature suffers Weakness 10.

[-3] Super-Combo-KO - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. For each 6 you roll, gain 3 energy.

3+1+5=9

Life: 90
Energy: 3
Weakness 10

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:30 pm

Muscle flexing to get Yuri off of him, Hammer then shoved Yuri into the vault door.  He then scoffed at Iron Maiden, "Shouldn't you be at home watching cartoons?"  "Hey man, what's wrong with cartoons? Anyways, I got the small fry." Wall thrusted a palm forward and Iron Maiden went flying.  However, he seemed to wince a bit and Iron Maiden landed harmlessly on the carpet near a hostage.

OOC:
Due to Weakness, Ash didn't deal any damage.  She's now at Weakness 1 and only has a -1 debuff to her damage next turn.  However, the Weakness was applied to Wall.

Yuri takes 25 damage. [attack - Hammer]
Hammer succeeded his saving throw.
Iron Maiden takes 15 - 10 = 5 damage. [Wall]
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 pm

The Vault door frosts slightly as Yuri pushes off of it, bringing his palm up to slam into Hammer's chin, cutting him off mid-sentence.

OOC:

Armor 10 absorbs 10 damage (15 damage dealt).
This turn is much simpler. Just using [+1] Arrow - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d8 damage to target creature.
8+1=9 damage+weakness 5 to Hammer
d8 crit, I gain 15 health (Goodness, that's convenient).
Rage Spirit deals 2 more damage to Hammer (11 damage total)(3 charges)
Using Avenger's Challenge on Hammer.
HP: 85, still.
Energy: 1
Status: Annoyed that everyone else thinks now is the time to discuss the merits of spandex.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:18 am

Iron Maiden was up in a few seconds, pausing only to whisper to the hostages "Don't worry, we got this."Immediately afterwards, she jumped up, and slammed into the now free Hammer, tackling him to the ground, and causing his head to slam into the ground.

turn+status:
First, Hammer activated my Challenge
d10:8

Deal 8 damage to Hammer.

Next... we switch places
[-1] Grapple - Standard Attack (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d6 damage to target creature and Grapple it (save ends). A creature Grappled by you cannot target creatures other than you with Single Attack Powers. When a creature Grappled by you starts its turn, it suffers Weakness 10.

2d6: 3,6

Deal 9 damage to Hammer

Using Avenger's Challenge on Wall.

HP: Still 100 thanks to Weakness and Armor
Energy:3
Status: Grappling
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:12 am

Snapping out of his daydream, Phoenix climbs back up the way he came, and once on the roof, he looks around for whatever was coming.


7+7=14 Perception
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5698
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:43 am

Ash lets the louder members of the team do their thing and harries Wall with a series of blows as soon as his back is turned.

OOC:

[+3] Falling Fist - Standard Action (Attack, Opener, Single)
Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-3] Super-Combo-KO - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. For each 6 you roll, gain 3 energy.

3+3+6+1=13

Life: 90
Energy: 5
Weakness 1

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:01 pm

While Phoenix spotted the object, he couldn't quite tell what it was yet.  However, he could see it was moving in fast...



With an aggressive snarl, Hammer pushed Iron Maiden off of him. Cracking his knuckles, he delivered a powerful punch to Iron Maiden's face, knocking her into Yuri.  It would have surely felled a non-hero and the air quaked with power. A mechanical whir came from behind the vault door, catching Wall's attention.  He snapped a cube around himself, then waved his hands towards the vault.

OOC:
There's a -1 subtracted from Ash's damage due to Weakness but now the Weakness has been removed.
Hammer is "bloodied". (The term the system uses for enemies at half health)
Hammer automatically loses all save ends conditions. [reaction]
Iron Maiden and Yuri take 60 - (23/2) = 48 damage. [attack - Hammer] This is calculating in the Weakness from Ash's feature that was missed the past few turns, plus an application of Weakness from Yuri I forgot to apply.  It's divided by two since it's split across two targets.  It doesn't include the Grapple due to the reactionary saving throw. Also, this (and most prior and after) is before player Armor.
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum