Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 13 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 pm

Oh, that might be useful. Always takes ages to get DoTs on people. So many savings.

"That's nasty," Jeraylia says in a stange voice, following up with a distugested ech. "Although, If your gut deigns tells you anything further, perhaps you should listen to it. I know having a frog in your throat annoys me. Having a star-shaped trinket in your throat must be ten times worse. And let us not imagine what might be sitting in your stomach this very instant." Jeryalia looks markedly greener at this point. "Ahem. Is this yours, Kayla?" She holds up the item ginergerly by its mucused chain.

I'm going to imagine I sound like Jon Tron with it activated.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:25 am

"No, I've never seen it before..."
"I have... But it's not mine either. I saw it one of the performers of the festival wear it, before the bad things happened..."

Rolf remembers the way back, just like the rest do.

Meanwhile, Koras appears to be fussing about something regarding Kayla, practically spinning around her. This seems to amuse her, and lift her spirits a bit.

It's much more majestic.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:40 pm

"Well, Koras has seemed to have taking a liking to you." Rolf takes a look over at Kayla to see if he can detect what Koras is fussing over.

Rolling Perception... Natural 1! + 7 = 8
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:54 pm

"Indeed, she has." Giving the Deva a smile Zthulan watches Koras with a curious gaze

Perception: 8 + 10 + 5 FK (Spirit world or Shaman rituals if applies) = 23
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:12 pm

On a more spiritual inspection, Zthulan identifies why Koras is fussing - surrounded by the spirit of the Deva herself, there is a tiny spirit of some other type, difficult to discern from the Deva. From a biological standpoint, it would seem to be 'positioned' in one of her legs, but such is only visible to Zthulan and Koras.

The spirit itself appears to be either confused or unaware as to its unorthodox situation. How it got into it is an enigma, but it's fairly obvious that it's not what one would call 'natural' or normal for it to be in, and it's probably for the best to isolate it from the Deva.

Zthulan can do two of: arcana, heal, or persuasion roll to do something about the spirit.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:49 pm

"Since I helped Sourin, perhaps Koras wants me to give you a check up as well.  Chuckled Zthulan.  Shifting through his back he finds the gifted scent bag.  Perhaps this will help soothe the spirits.  Opening it up and inhaling the scent, he begins trying to coerce the spirit to leaving Kayla's spirit.

So.  Using dat
Scented Bag:
And the rolls
Healing: 12 + 13 + 5 FK: Shaman stuff = 30
and 2nd Healing: 3 + 13 + 5 FK: Shaman stuff = 21
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:18 pm

As he inhales the scents, Zthulan suddenly finds his vision become smoky, and blurred, blinding him for a moment. As he rubs his eyes, he finds himself in a different place - one with a road of cobbles, surrounded by well-trimmed grass, a number of trees and other picturesque flora. He cannot hear anything, and the bags odor still overpowers other scents.

A trio of ghostly, humanoid figures pass through him, dragging a limp small creature. One of them points at a pair of trees, standing like decorative pillars besides the road, and they begin to toil, their work already finished as the eyes blink. The small creature isn't visible anymore. Zthulan winces, startled from pinpricks on his skin, the thunderous sound of a fish-line & breaking wood, and a force to his chest pushing him backwards.

As a circle of small creatures exit a shrubbery and leap, Zthulan reflexively covers his eyes with his hands.

When his eyes open again, he sees a tiny green spirit circling him, liberated from the Deva by his ritual. Koras seems to have made an acquaintance of it, and it's certainly benign enough to accompany you.

The Deva seems pleased by his successful ritual.

"Oh, my leg finally stopped itching! How did you know...?"

Zthulan has things!

Scented Bag - Active
[0] Combat, 1/day, Interrupt Utility
Act on foresight.
Noncombat, At Will
Act on knowledge.

Green Fraternal Spirit [combat/non-combat item]
Combat Trinket - 1/encounter, Minor Utility
Cause your Conjurer's Pet to heal targets instead of damaging them, for the rest of the encounter. If the pet vanishes (KO'd, etc...) whilst under this effect, you gain +2 to all healing done for 2 rounds.
Non-combat, At Will
The spirit can suppress pain by attaching itself to a creature's wound, causing it to ignore pain-caused penalties or effects, but also making it itchy (-1 to skill checks). The item cannot be used as a combat trinket when used in this way.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Rolf was...not entirely sure what Zthulan had done  (apart from take a whiff from a bag and cover his eyes with his hands at one point), but apparently it helped Kayla's leg stop itching, so he figured it was a good thing. Rolf took the reins and started directing the cart towards the secret entrance house.

One uneventful trip to the secret entrance house later...

"Alright, I think we can make it back to City Hall from here," Rolf said, bringing the cart to a stop. "Siph, I leave it to you to make sure you get the Devas safely back to the Temple and give a report of what happened to the High Priest. I'm sure he'll be glad to learn that the abomination has been dealt with and that Zilean has personally been trounced (temporarily, at least) with no casualties on our end."

"Bob, I hope that you've found this expedition to be useful to your research. Your liquid extinguisher was instrumental in defeating that abomination, so I'm very grateful for that."

"Before we go, is there anything that you'd like us to relay to the mayor in our report? Hopefully, we'll develop some method of proper communication between City Hall and the Temple, but if there's anything that they need to hear right now, let us know."

OOC: I'm assuming that it's an uneventful trip...if not, I'll edit my post accordingly.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Horizon, meanwhile, just continues on into the room with the suit-of-armor guards, and waits for whoever has the ring to open the door.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Driven speechless by the presence of this new companion Zthulan only gives his patient an absent minded nod.  Giving the spirit a thorough inspection he watches it at dances and sways with Koras like two fireflies.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Bob beams with pride. "Why, that is fantastic to hear! I'll make sure to work it out further and see if we can get anything akin to mass production set up. Should help stop any more arson tactics."

The group takes the oxen cart, sans Zephyria, first in the direction of the Town Hall. As they approach the discreet house/secret entrance of the old lady, they get off and leave Bob, the Devas, and the paladins to split off on their own in the direction of the temple, for mission report, to get  Siph treated by his peers, and to return the borrowed temple equipment that was stashed on the cart. The Devas give a final big hug to everyone (Horizon got peer-pressured into it) and wave back from the back of the cart.

Inside the humble abode, the old lady is knitting in a rocking chair. She responds to the party barging in with a question of: "Hello? Honeykins, is that you?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:03 am

Zarhon wrote:Inside the humble abode, the old lady is knitting in a rocking chair. She responds to the party barging in with a question of: "Hello? Honeykins, is that you?"

"Pardon us, ma'am, just passing through." Rolf took a quick look around to see if anything had changed since they were here last while he started heading back towards the closet with the secret entrance.

Rolf made a mental note that the kitten ring went on the TAILFEATHERS, not the CHEST.

Rolling Perception...19 (1d20) + 7 = 26.

OOC: I'm assuming that the fact that the old lady's voice color is different from WAYYY long ago is merely an oversight and not an indication that an imposter has taken her place.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:38 am

Absolutely nothing seems to have changed from last time, including the floral-arrangement tablecloth still being knitted. The back room still contains a secret passage that should open open once the ring is properly applied.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Seeing that nothing was out of place, Rolf carefully made his way to the back room and pulled out the kitten ring. "Alright, here we go," he said as he pressed the ring to the tailfeathers of the bird engraving.

He really, REALLY hoped that Damiana had both entrances open the same way.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 pm

In spite of Rolf's worries, the secret passage opens without problems, leaving the party completely unmolested.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:40 am

Rolf gave a sigh of relief as he put the kitten ring away. "Well, glad we don't have to fight suits of armor. Again. Let's head down, shall we?"

Rolf started to head down the stairs back to the hideout (using his Illuminate spell as a flashlight). His primary goal (before getting a well-deserved rest) was to see if Damiana had left another message through the piping system (and seeing if there was a way to send a message back).

Rolling Perception...10 (1d20) + 7 = 17
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:35 pm

Zthulan offers a small greeting to the old lady before following Rolf. Once they reach the hideout he immedieately plops onto his bed. "I'm keeping my door open so just yell if you need me. Zthulan mutters while staring at the ceiling.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:49 pm

Rolf finds one message is left. It merely states:

"Report in morning, rested."

...in impeccable penmanship.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:03 pm

"Welp, can't argue with orders. See you all in the morning." Rolf headed back to his room and, with the exhaustion of the evening finally catching up to him, falls promptly asleep.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:42 pm

Horizon has already retired to his room, pausing as he removes his armor to briefly wonder where those two Devas got to. He then plops down on his bed and falls asleep.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

I guess I'll follow suit, after doing one thing.

Jeraylia yawns, but keeps herself awake for one task. Using a bit of string and a wooden cup, she fashions a makeshift trap to alert of any silent visitors using the main door. Her work done, she finds her palet, says a few prayers and finally rests.

Trap!: 10 ( 2 + 8Mechanics )
lol.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 am

Jeraylia is awakened an hour into her rest! A small rodent intruder (as evidenced by the tiny reflective eyes and squeaking and skittering) managed to trigger the cup, though not trapping itself in the process. It vanishes off behind one of the pieces of furniture as she stirs awake.

The rest (including Jeraylia, eventually) manage to get rested. Their rooms show off some of their unique design by having the holes in the roof shine daylight into the rooms.

Jeraylia can do a perception check in the morning. New day (sorta)! You have daily things back. Rejoice.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:34 pm

Horizon waits in his room. He had had some bad dreams about what had transpired the previous day, and he contemplated his apparent new found abilities. Deciding he didn't like them- nor the lack of a certain presence in the back of his mind, he heads to the bathing room and cleans himself up a bit, opting to avoid the others for as long as possible.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Though getting the minimum required rest, Jeraylia feels the tempting pull of sleep despite waking at her normal hour. "Just five more minutes."

Perception check: 10 ( nat1 + 9 perception )
My rolls are hot!
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:28 am

Rolf woke up, recalling the events of last night. He was glad he didn't have nightmares like he had in the temple. Of course, any future nightmares now had plenty of material to work with: being turned into a skeleton, fighting all sorts of unnatural creatures, being impaled, getting chased through a collapsing tunnel, being strangled by a living cloak, and, oh yeah, seeing the Grim Reaper from time to time.

But the therapy he doubtlessly needed would have to wait. He washed up, and stepped out into the hallway. "Good morning, everyone. We have officially survived to another dawn of the worst festival Fezaris has ever had. Now we've got to report to our sponsor what happened last night. And have breakfast, that's important." Rolf took a glance to see if any new messages had come through the delivery system while they slept.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next