Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 18 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Broken Logic Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:52 pm

Jeraylia has followed along with Rolf to find Jimmy.

"Maybe you just need to clear your head, and let the thoughts come to you?" Jeraylia suggests, laying her left hand on Jimmy's other shoulder and using her right to gently close his eyes. "Relax. Focus on my voice and give in to your fatigue." She continues to speak in a slow, melodic and soothing tone. "Don't think, but say whatever floats through your mind. The night is quiet, and you stand at your post, alone. But wait, who could that be, coming down the corridor?"

Relax and tell me your secrets, no, don't fall asleep: 29 (15 + 14 persuasion )
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Horizon figures out that the disheveled-looking man is very clearly a hobo. But not much else. The collective men seem to sort of agree to the idea Horizon is presenting, though some aren't taking it seriously, or appear to be taking it too seriously as they give shifty looks to random people. They disperse, leaving him untroubled.

Zthulan is led to the medical tent. Things are less hectic than before, but there's a grim and sodden mood. An Elven woman appears heavily infected, gangrenous and bedridden all over her body, though apparently stable. Another man is missing a leg, and yelling angrily at the medical 'staff'. A third man has his eyes covered with a bandage and is talking to a child. A fourth, a Dwarf with a heavily infected arm, is yelling for a 'stiff drink' as the rest of the staff are trying to calm him down for treatment.

"Hmmm.", the guard hums, apparently soothed by Jeraylia. "Mop lady... took some soapy water... Tyke... was giggling... Nurse... took a lotta towels.... Chum... Zzzzz.", he stammers before dozing off, still standing. One can only guess whether this is a personal skill or part of his guard training.

Magic point for Horizon. Zthulan can do heal checks.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:47 pm

Horizon sighs, more or less confident he had done something productive, and then goes off in search of the others.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:22 am

"A lot of towels, huh?" Jeraylia murmurs. She bends down close to the guards ear and whispers urgently, "Oh-oh. Here comes the boss."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 am

"Oh, leave the guard alone, Jeraylia, he's told us enough," Rolf said. "At any rate, I believe that following up with the nurse might be a good place to start. I think the medical tent is nearby, we can start asking questions there." Rolf left and started looking around for the medical tent, along with someone who might be able to corroborate part of Jimmy's story.

Rolling Perception...14 (1d20) + 7 = 21
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:19 pm

"Let's lighten the load my friends."  Muses Zthulan as he walks over towards the rowdy Dwarf.  "Sir, if you could please calm down I might have something that could ease any discomfort you have."  With a glance towards his newest companion he beckons him to attach itself to the infected limb.

Zthulan uses!:
Diagnosis: Shaman: A Nat20...  At this point I might accidentally a saint.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:14 pm

The guard salutes, unblinking. He's still out cold, though.

After a quick examination, Zthulan sees that the Dwarf's arm would need to be purged of infection, lest it spread, become necrotic, and cause his death and possible revival as a member of the undead! Applying his medical magic further, he managed to, miraculously, instantaneously and wholly, purge the infection and injury. This removes any need for the spirit to stay attached. Unlike with Johnny, the Dwarf appears no more stronger than before, though - likely because he already is muscular.

"About time some proper healin' came about! These hacks wanted to, well, hack me infection off. And they refused to get me any proper lager or stout, the nerve! Still waiting on that drink, by the way. Ach, you know what, I'll get one myself. Share it with yah' too, later!", he grunts, stomping out of the place, and pushing the medical crew away as they attempt to stop him leaving before giving up to his sheer stubbornness.

The repeat miracle had not gone unnoticed (excluding the patient with the blindfold). The rest of the patients are now asking, nay, pleading for Zthulan to heal them/their companions, with full encouragement from the rest of the staff (some of whom seem rather timid and inadequate now, their medical attempt lacking by comparison) who cheer him on.

Rolf (and the others) easily find the medical tent, and the commotion focused on Zthulan is making it difficult to get any attention for the investigation.

I've combined the diagnosis into a treatment since nat20.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:38 am

Rolf sighed as he looked over the spectacle, then tried to step in and get everyone's attention. "Alright, everyone calm down and stop crowding around the shaman. Yes, Zthulan is a very accomplished healer, and I'm sure he'll do his best with each of you. Now, I don't know if he's able to make everyone into the apex of physicality like he's done with a few soldiers, but I DO know he's not going to be of help to ANYONE if he's not allowed the space and attention required to treat his patients properly. So please sit back down and wait your turn."

Rolling Persuasion...Nat 1 (Using Stubbornness, 2 uses remaining)
Rolling...7 (1d20) + 10 = 17
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Seeing the situation soon to be spiraling out of control Zthulan tries to use his new found fame to assist Rolf. "Thank you very much Rolf, as he said, for the injured: please go back to your assigned bunks!"  He shouts over the pleading mass.  "Healers, please return to your duty, the whims of the elements and spirits are not mine to control.  Your medical experience is just as needed."  Hoping that he was able to emboldened the disheartened staff he continues. "If I could be directed to the person who is in the most critical condition first, I will work downwards from there."

Rolling Persuasion to assist Rolf: 13 + 10(Trained) = 23
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:44 pm

Horizon finds his way into the tent, behind the crowding patients. Spotting the other two and their efforts to disperse the crowd, he takes a moment and a deep breath, and then, "EVERYONE SIT DOWN! MOVE!"

Intimidation assist: 3+12+5=18
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:37 am

Horizon's yelling doesn't help the situation any. The staff demands he leaves or be quiet.

Zthulan diffuses some of the chaos, though, and some semblance of normal returns to the tent, but the patients are still 'hopeful' if anything.

The short healer he met earlier tells him that the gangrenous Elf woman has it the worst - slowly deteriorating from the massive infection and no real cure available. The other two have been treated already and are stable, but will be invalids for life, which is hard to accept.

Can continue investigating now.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:52 am

The commotion having died down, Rolf made his way over to the gnomish lady that was speaking to Zthulan; she seemed to be in charge of the medical tent. "Hello, my name is Rolf Towden. I understand you are very busy, but we are conducting an investigation for a theft that took place last night. Some large magical crystals were taken from the bathroom near the mayor's meeting room and replaced with fakes. A guard told us that last night one of the nurses went into the bathroom to pick up some towels. Would you happen to know anything that might help us find her?"

Rolling Persuasion...10 (1d20) + 10 = 20
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Solemly nodding Zthulan heads over to the elf woman.  "I might have an idea how I can be of help.  Medically there is no cure, but perhaps the spirits can...  If anything I can provide a painless passing."  He quietly tells the head healer.  Applying his newest familiar to the bedded woman he again takes a inhalation from the gifted bag.  Entering another shamanistic trance.

Do all the things!:

Healing for Cure: 15 + 13 (Expert) + 10(Medicinal Training, if Applicable) + 5(FK: Shaman Rituals if Applicable) = 43
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:30 am

Jeraylia, having stayed a little longer to tease the sleeping guard, hears a familiar shouting voice as he approaches the tent. She enters just in time to witness several nurses berating him.
"Endearing yourself to field of medicine, I see," she comments as she moves past, quietly so as to not engage the wrath of the wardens. It's hard to ignore the look of awe on a number patient's faces, their hopeful eyes glued upon the shaman. "At least one of us is spreading joy where-ever he goes." She joins the impromptu audience to watch Zthulan at work, and, soon, she shares the same look of awe as the rest of them.

I guess you've got this.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:53 pm

Whilst Zthulan was unable to outright cure a infection of such magnitude, his rituals would ensure that the patient passes on in a most respectful manner, and that the body would be nigh-impossible to be desecrated or manipulated by evil magics or blights further - a truly 'peaceful' rest. The Elf gives him a ring from her finger, thanks him, and passes on, almost happy.

The Gnome answers: "Towels? That was Sally. We ran out of gauze, bandages, and clean clothes substitutes last night, so I told her to ask around for some other clean cloths or improvise us something to staunch the bleeders. She's right there-"

The gnome points at a woman in a (like everyone else) bloodstained medical uniform: Ginger-haired and freckled, and applying some greasy salve to a Half-Orc's bleeding black-eye.

"-but I'll be damned if you accuse my girls or boys of petty crimes mid-duty unless you've got some proof on you, and I don't count borrowin' supplies to save a life or two!", the Gnome suddenly barks, peeved.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 pm

"No more joy for her." Horizon's reply to Jeraylia is cold, if not tasteless, but he doesn't stick around for a rebuttal. He retreats from the sight of the healer and find his way to the wizard. "Anything? I still think it was one of the guards."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Zthulan switches between looking towards the ring and the woman.  Giving it one more glance, he places the ring into his bag, alongside the other gifts and trinkets of his previous patients.  "May you find your family waiting you with open arms.  We'll meet again one day, and the stories we'll tell will be grand."  Giving the body a tiny smile Zthulan goes onwards to the next patient.

Perception on Ring: 13 + 10(Trained) = 23
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Rolf flinched at the gnome's sudden outburst. "Understood. But, uh, could you at least point out where the towels and clean cloths would be stored?"

A1C Bronymous wrote:"Anything? I still think it was one of the guards."

"Got a few suspects. A maid looking to clean her mop, a kid, a guard who couldn't keep his rations down, and one of the nurses here." Rolf looked over at Sally. He was trying to get a fix on her demeanor (was she nervous at all?).

Rolling Perception...12 (1d20) + 7 = 19
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:16 pm

Zthulan sees that the ring's value is symbolic: It's something of a sign that one is a friend, ally, or did a great favor for an Elf, making it a sign of trust (or for the skeptical, the sign of a thief) for other Elves. In value, it's worth about the same as a wedding band or similar jewelry.

Sally isn't showing any signs of nervousness, but she's certainly not chipper either, probably from work.

The gnome points to a chest marked with a cross, nearby. "Ain't much clean ones left. Most of the towels are shredded, wrapped, or 'recolored' to lovely shades of red, yellow, brown and black.", she says, pointing to a trough with lots of unsanitary-colored cloths dunked in equally unsanitary water.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 am

"Thank you," Rolf said, before heading to the chest. He opened it up to look at the cloth inside. "Now, if the towels were used to bring the fakes in and the real crystals out, there may be some of the glitter or glass on some of these towels. As anyone who's ever done arts and crafts knows, glitter. Gets. Everywhere." Rolf started looking through some of the towels to see if any incriminating residue was on them.

Rolling Perception...14 (1d20) + 7 = 21

edit:
Rolling Heal...2 (1d20) + 9 = 11
Rolling Endurance...10 (1d20) + 6 = 16
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:14 pm

There is no traces of incriminating glitter residue on the towels, but plenty of the unsavory kind.
Rolf realizes too late that he didn't cover his hands with anything as he went mucking about the trough and towels, exposing his skin to all kinds of liquid virulents.

Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:39 am

"...Well, that was unproductive AND unwise. I think at least this may eliminate the nurse as a suspect," Rolf said, careful to keep his hands from touching anything else. "Um, Zthulan, I know you're busy, but could you use a bit of your healing magic on me? I'm afraid I might be infected with...well, everything."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:54 pm

"That's disgusting. I think one of these is your best option." Horizon remarks dryly, holding up his kukri in one hand, annd one of his vials of Alchemist's Fire in the other. "No wait, burn then amputate. That'll fix it for sure."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:00 am

"What seems to be the prob-...  Oh."  Comments Zthulan seeing Rolf's hands.  "Yes, let's deal with that shall we?"  Grabbing what supplies that he can spare Zthulan begins his work.  "What's the update on the case?"

Talent~:
Healing: 4 + 13(Expert) + 10(Medicinal Training) = 27
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:09 pm

"We have four suspects, which at this point I'm willing to bump down to three," Rolf said as he let Zthulan do his work. "Unfortunately, it may be a bit trickier to find the other three; a maid, a guard, and a child. Once you're done, I may ask Sally a few questions, then start looking for the maid who used the bathroom. I think she may have used the dirty water in her bucket to hide the fakes brought in and the real crystals taken out."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next