Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 14 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Azarune Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:36 pm

Slowly waking, Zthulan finds himself being barraged by two happy spirits.  With a spiritual dragon gnawing on his face, the shaman stumbles out and into the hallway.  "Mmmfffmmfm," he greets with a lazy wave towards the general direction of the others.  Not particularly  caring if any of them actually see his greeting.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:45 pm

No new messages have arrived, and there is a notable lack of breakfast or similar prepared meals on the table. Zepyhria is absent as well. Above, sounds you'd expect from a lively town can be heard, but not seen, through the light-openings: footsteps, murmurs and so on...
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:56 pm

After another half hour, Jeraylia walks in, finishing a big yawn and stretch.

"Morning, you two. It is good to hear the sounds of the city again. It's always surprising how resilient people are after a crisis. Life must go on."

She checks the place for breakfast morning victuals.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:20 pm

"Well, if there's no messages and no food laid out, I'm thinking breakfast in the mess hall is next on the agenda. Or possibly reporting to our boss to get our cover story for everything that happened last night in case some survivors got here first and started telling stories." Rolf started heading to the stairs that led back to the town hall's supply closet. "I wonder if there's some hole or something to make sure that nobody's in the room when we open the secret passageway that's not supposed to be there."

Rolling Perception for Peephole (or listening for anyone on other side)...10 (1d20) + 7 = 17
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Horizon finds his way out to the main room eventually, lacking just about all of his gear, save his kukri, held around his neck by a lanyard. "So what was that about breakfast?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:50 am

Finally pulling Koras off his face, Zthulan considers the tow options carefully... "As much as I would love breakfast, we should make our report." He scratches his chin in thought before continuing. "Perhaps if we're lucky we can make the report during breakfast!"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:14 pm

"Yeah, I think we cleaned the place out last time we were here." Jeraylia admits. "Besides, if they have anything over at the town hall, it'll be hot and ready to serve to boot."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:47 am

There's no actual peephole that Rolf can notice, but he doesn't hear anyone on the other side of the 'wall', either.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:12 pm

"Sounds like the coast is clear." Rolf stepped back from the wall and...realized they'd never been specifically told how to get back from the hiding hole into the town hall's storage room. Was is a lever hidden behind tiles like the entrance leading outside, or were they supposed to push the bookcase? Rolf took a quick look around to see if he could spot something.

Rolling Perception...2 (1d20) + 7 = 9
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:30 pm

There is a lever, with a little note attached, in impeccable penmanship:
"Pull. Do not push."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm

"Ah, there we go." Rolf pulled on the lever. "So, guys, we headed to the office, or the mess hall?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:36 pm

"Mess Hall." Horizon says, still not sporting any gear. "Unless the town hall is overrun with zombies and on fire as we speak, Zilean is out of commission and we'll be fine reporting in an hour later. Food first."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:24 am

Hearing the general consensus, Rolf said, "To the mess hall it is, then. Gather up your stuff, and we'll be off." Rolf waited for the others to come into the storage room before closing the secret entrance behind them and following. "I wonder if news of last night has gotten out...and I'm a bit surprised to hear the bustling in the street. One would think that a zombie invasion would have people staying indoors until it blows over."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

"for some, in such a dangerous and stressful situation; they will find peace in normalcy.  Though I hope they still remember that Zilean is still at large."  Giving a final adjustment to his bags he follows the others.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:34 am

"I, for one, wish he was at small. That is to say, in small bits in piece preferably scattered a fair distance away from each other associated piece. And burning." She raises a fist to shake at the world, but soon unclenches the hand as if letting something go. "But, alas, we can't all have what we wish for. But just in case, I also wish for porridge."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:16 am

The party exits into the hallways without much disturbance besides a mildly confused maid. The mess hall is relatively empty - it seems the breakfast period has ended by the time the party arrived, and most of the leftovers are being scraped from plates by the chefs and maids for re-use, or being eaten by errant stragglers. Judging by the amount of plates and general mess (including a number of bloodstains - the wounded clearly ate here as well), half the city must have had breakfast here. The breakfast in question appears to be mostly bread and some kind of porridge. In the overall bustle, few pay attention to the party's 'arrival' in the mess hall.

The sun shining from an errant window reveals that it's roughly a few hours until noon. Outside, it seems the barricades established the night before have been pushed forward a few meters. Most of the activity they heard from the secret room appears to be soldiers, medics, wounded, refugees, and volunteers inside the barricades, whilst outside are very few if any people.

Of all the stragglers eating, most of whom are work-dirtied militia, only one appears to show no signs of sleep deprivation or fatigue - the formerly wounded rookie, who appears to have lost some muscle mass and acquired quite the appetite to compensate.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:41 pm

"Well this is less than inspiring." Horizon strides up to the food counter* and asks anyone back there, "Anything left back there? Preferably more substantial than bread? We had a long night."

*Or wherever people get their food from in here.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:59 pm

"So did everyone else, pal.", answers a rather large, gravelly-voiced human woman with a ladle, who pours Horizon some porridge. "Rationing's a pile of manure like that. Feel free to pick along the leftovers. Best we got left is a tiny bit of spam, and that's reserved for those that earned it tonight, like that guy-", she says, pointing to the formerly-wounded soldier at the table, who chose to disregard tableware at this point, "-or those that will keel over without it. How tough was yer' shift tonight?"

Persuasion check(s)!
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 pm

inb4 Salty Spitoon Alt Scripts

"Well... I almost died three times, and was possessed by a demon that had a particular disregard for my personal safety most of the night. I can't speak for their personal ails, but we infiltrated Zilean's camp, set it on fire, beat down yet another necromantic abomination, saved like 15 people, and vaporized the Lich, for the time being. I also think we skipped dinner...?" Horizon passes it off to the others as he takes his porridge, and looks for some bread.

Persuasion: 19+12=31. He's not really intimidating her, so I won't add the FK bonus.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

The lunch lady looks fairly amused by Horizon's description of events. "Hah! Kid, tell you the truth, I'd love to give you some of that spam, but I still can't just give away to people I like on a whim, some poor kiddie might need it or something. Maybe talk to that muscle-boy at the table. Pretty sure he's likely to take a bite of out that story and share. Name's Bilge, by the way. Don't ask. Yours?", she rambles, pointing at a half-loaf of bread to Horizon.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:37 am

Rolf gave a sigh of relief as the lunchlady brushed off Horizon's story. "Nice to meet you, Bilge. I'm Rolf Towden. This is Zthulan, Jeraylia, and Horizon. And I'll be happy with whatever porridge or bread you have that doesn't require slaying a lich single-handed, thank you." Rolf smirked at Bilge before turning to Horizon. "Horizon, I thought you promised you wouldn't go around telling people such outrageous tales. Some poor fool might believe you and start spreading rumors all over Town Hall."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:52 pm

"Yeah, Horizon," Jeraylia says, through a mouthful of porridge. She points a spoon at herself."That's my job. You got any rumours you want spread, Bilge? Jeraylia Shale is a mean gal with a lute."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:45 am

Zthulan gives the lunch lady a a small wave when mentioned and watches his... friends? Interact with one another. "I wonder if the paladins passed on their version of that story." He randomly spouts before digging in.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:26 pm

"Well I can't help it that my stories are so convincing." Horizon responds, missing only half a beat. "Anyway, rumors can spread all they want. When it comes down to it, the truth is what gets people killed." The statement was just cryptic enough that he felt it didn't need to be elaborated on in any particular fashion, so instead Horizon occupies his mouth with a spoonful of porridge.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:57 pm

"Well, you didn't hear this from me, but...", Bilge begins, in what becomes a lengthy conversation of facts, fiction and gossip that Jeraylia is exposed to in detail.

The food isn't the pinnacle of taste, but it's as filling as porridge can be. It doesn't take long to eat and be moderately ready for adventure.

Streetwise for Jerry. Persuasion/RP might help too. You can 'continue' to your report or do other dining room stuff.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 23 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 18 ... 23  Next