Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 19 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Zarhon Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Zthulan tries his best to disinfect Rolf's arm, but he still probably contracted an unpleasant disease of some sort. What kind is uncertain, but it's effect isn't immediate, at least, and unlikely to be of the deadly or limb-chopping sort.

Streetwise check if yer' gonna look around/search/ask for the other suspects, specify which and how yer' doing it. Disease thing will not be relevant till after a combat at least.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:18 pm

"I didn't mention," Horizon elects to mention, "I assembled a team to act as eyes and informants for me. They're going to report on anything that runs counter productive to survival and victory, including looking out for whoever might have stolen the gems. I don't expect immediate results though. What's this about a child?"
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:09 pm

"I don't have too much to go on; the guard who saw the suspects could barely stay awake. All I have for the remaining three are that the maid who needed to use the bathroom for her mop left with some soapy water, the kid who had to 'go' real bad was giggling, and the guard's rationing didn't settle well with him (and I think he was a friend of Jimmy's). If your "team" can work off that to find anything, I'd greatly appreciate it."

He walked over to Sally. "Pardon me, my name is Rolf Towden. I know you're busy, so I won't take up much of your time. I just want to know: When you went into the bathroom near the mayor's meeting room to grab some towels, did you notice anything strange or out of place?"

Rolling Persuasion...13 (1d20) + 10 = 23
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:13 pm

"Well, uhm, yes, actually. There were some shiny rocks or minerals next to a big mirror. I was focused on finding and grabbing the towels so I didn't care much about them. But now that I think about it, they were a bit out of place for decorations.", Sally responds, continuing to put more cream to the black eyed patient.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 pm

"...I see. Thank you for your time." Rolf then walked back to the others. "Yep, at this point, I'd be very surprised if Sally was the culprit. I'm going to find some of the maids to see if they know who was mopping around the meeting room early last night. Horizon, if you want to use your network to try and locate any of the other suspects, let me know what you find. Zthulan, I think you may want to continue your healing here (gods know they need the help). Jeraylia, if you'd like to join me, I'd appreciate it."

Rolling Streetwise...10 (1d20) + 10 = 20.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Rolf, on his own, only manages to find one of the maids outside, and she seems rather clueless on the situation. "I have not ze slitezt clue. You need to ask ze head maid of the manor, Bilge. She'z zomewhere inzide and keepz an eye on ze dutiez."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:48 pm

"They'll come forward if they find anything." Horizon replies offhandedly, finding himself distracted by the hopelessly grim and vile conditions of the medical tent. When he comes back to the present, he realizes Rolf has exited, and he heads out after him. "If we talk to the head maid, we should ask her what it might take to get some more sanitary working conditions for the medics. I'll probably ask the mayor, too."
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:57 pm

"Probably for the best that I stay here," Agrees Zthulan and heads back to the original woman who requested him. "Who's next?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Rolf thanked the maid for her assistance before turning to Horizon. "Well, if we can re-establish communication with Master Nester, we might ask for some minor Purify Water spells or other such ways to better sanitize the area (Zephyria would be having a field day in there). But supplies are running a bit thin as it is, and I believe Jeraylia overheard from that lunch-lady that the best help would be to acquire more booze for disinfection. Speaking of lunch-ladies, wasn't Bilge the name of the person who served us breakfast?" Rolf started heading over to the mess hall to see if Bilge was still around for questioning.

Rolling Perception to find Bilge... Natural 20! + 7 = 27. Well, that'll work.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:01 pm

"Yep, that's me. Not nice to talk behind someone's back you know.", Bilge answers Rolf, apparently within earshot of his last words. Bilge looks much different from before - rather than wear what you'd expect from a lunch-lady, she's now dressed in a barely-fitting yet oversized version of the uniform that the other maids are wearing. The only thing denoting her as a maid of 'higher' rank is a big medal-like brooch on her chest and pockets full of cleaning supplies and tools. "So, what can I do you for?"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:39 pm

"See, the thing about using drinking alcohol for disinfectant is- oh." Horizon pauses when Bilge speaks.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:35 am

"Ah, there you are. My friend and I are currently investigating a theft that took place last night. You know the bathroom that's near the mayor's meeting room? They have a magic mirror set up there to communicate with Nester Bartholomew, a wizard who's been helping us during this crisis. The mirror is powered by crystals, which, unfortunately, have been stolen and replaced with fakes." Rolf paused as he remembered the outrage the head nurse had over the accusation of Sally. "Now, at this point, we don't have any evidence pointing toward any suspect in particular, but apparently one of the guards saw a maid enter the bathroom earlier in the evening for her mop. Would you happen to know who was assigned to work near that area?"

Rolling Persuasion...6 (1d20) + 10 = 16
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:47 pm

"Mops from the bathroom? Honey, we don't keep them in there, we got a few closets for that. Though we do use the bathrooms for the water an' plumbing, and we clean' em up of course. Now, lemme think... That's the second floor, and there were I believe four maids workin' that night. Rest of em' were sleeping, me included, or workin' down on the first floor. Believe it was... Stacy, Wurthu, Gathwen and Stacy Two."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:00 am

"Thanks for the help, Bilge. Where might we be able to find them? Oh, and one more thing; know how many kids are there on the premises? I'm sure you'd see a few during the lunch rush."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 pm

"Kids? A dozen, I guess? I didn't really keep track of that. As for the maids...", the head-maid takes a tangled bundle of multi-colored whistles out of her pockets, untangles a red one from the bunch, and blows hard on it. Within two minutes, four maids rush over out of the manor.

The first one is a human. She looks absolutely flustered by the sudden call to attention.
The second one is an orc. Her uniform is absolutely impeccable and she herself is visibly annoyed but silent.
The third one is an elf, similarly flustered as the first maid.
The fourth maid is identical in appearance to the first one, but she's not flustered.

Perception checks for one maid each you want to focus your attention on.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:45 pm

Rolling Perception on Maid #4 ....8 (1d20) + 7 = 15
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Horizon looks back and forth between the two identical maids briefly, and then focuses on the elf.

Totally-not-leering-at-the-elf-maid-Perception Check: 8+10=18
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:23 pm

Zthulan, after hand, heads over to continue his work. This time going towards the one-legged man who was yelling at the staff. "Hello, my name is Zthulan Ydal and what seems to be the issue?"
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:05 am

Perception on Maid #2 : 19 ( 10 + 9 perception )
Prim orc might be the type to keep tabs on people.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Jeraylia notes that the orc maid, though clearly pissed, is acting unusually disciplined for a mere maid, her posture as if she's in front of a military gunnery sergeant.

Horizon notices that the Elf maid's clothes aren't 'proper' - they've been incorrectly/hastily put on and she's trying to hide this fact.

Rolf sees nothing unusual with the second of the 'twin' maids, besides her being fairly calm.

The one-legged man angrily snaps at Zthulan. "What's my problem? What do you THINK is my problem?!", he yells, pointing to the obvious 'lack' of leg. "I'm a gods-damned wreck. Chop goes the leg and any chance I'll be able to keep a job outside some carnival fair. Though that seems like a bad idea now as well, don't it?! What am I gonna do now, huh? What?!"
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Horizon regards the Elf's state of dress silently, waiting on Rolf to continue.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:56 am

"Hello, ladies, I hope you're doing well. My name is Rolf Towden. My friends and I are investigating a crime that took place on the second floor last night, and we were hoping that you may be able to give us some clues. Could each of you tell me what your routines were (like whether you dusted the cabinets in the study, or mopped the floors in the meeting room), and if you noticed anything strange, unusual, or out of place during your duties last night?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 pm

The first maid says: "I was helping my sister clean the banquet room for the first batch of people eating. The whole situation is unusual."
The orc maid says: "Dishes. There were a lot of them given how many people the manor is feeding now. Also hid the valuables."
The elf maid says: "Dusting. Was supposed to do the laundry, but ended up telling people where to go in the manor. Normally the butler's job, but, uh, he went to the faire."
The fourth maid says: "Mopping with sis. Nothing odd besides the chaos all over the place."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:01 pm

Giving the man a sympathic nod, Zthulan quickly grabs any free chair to sit next to the man. "Well... I'm not sure if the spirits will be able to reattach the leg, even if we still had it. However" Continues Zthulan. "Even if we can't I can assure you that there are many ways to bypass your disability. Various prosthetic limbs can be made, and I will be sure to request the creation of them if I can. Now, let's see if I can do anything..." Closing he eyes, Zthulan tries to channel the elements.

Persuasion to placate the man: 15 + 10 = 20
Heal: 3 + 13 +5(Shaman Rituals)
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon May 02, 2016 8:43 am

Jeraylia addresses the fourth maid.
"Where did you retrieve your mops from? I heard tell a someone was looking for a mop in one of the bathrooms."

Insight check on Maid #4, looking for tells: 13 ( 4 + 9 perception)
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next