Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 20 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 02, 2016 11:28 am

"Actually, I believe the guard said that a maid went to one of the bathrooms to *clean* their mops earlier in the evening, which are usually stored in a closet elsewhere," Rolf said. "Sorry to interrupt, we're trying to figure out all the accounts we've heard, just wanted to avoid confusion."

A thought struck Rolf. He tried to remember if any of the maids was the one he ran into before the mission when he first went in to fix the magic mirror.

Rolling History...7 (1d20) + 9 = 16

OOC: See Part 3, page 7.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Tue May 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Zthulan's magic does little more than make the unsightly and crusty wound clean of congealed blood and bruising. The one-legged man seems somewhat less irate, but still depressed. "Ugh, you don't get it. I'm a courier by trade. Would you hire a person who needs a stick to stay upright to deliver your stuff as quickly as possible? No work, no money. No money, and I'm bottom of the respect chain without a roof of meal to call my own, surviving off the pity of others."

Jeraylia notices nothing odd with the fourth maid's behavior. She answers "I got the mop and bucket from the supplies closet. I went to the bathroom for water."

Rolf doesn't recall any of these four. The maid he saw before must have been a different shift.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu May 12, 2016 11:17 pm

"I... think I have an idea." Horizon turns his back to the maids, and brings in the other two discuss quietly. "Can either of you do some kind of spell that..." He pauses, trying to think of the words to convey his idea. "...to detect the... I don't know, the residual magic of the gem? Like, if we got the buckets and checked them, and one of them had invisible magic still in it from the gem being smuggled out... you know? Can you do that?"

No but srsly can you
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon May 16, 2016 12:25 am

"Well, I suppose I could give it a shot. Depending on the intensity and the duration it was stored there, we might find some residual magic. If nothing else, we can inspect the supplies for glitter," Rolf replied.

OOC: There is no Detect Magic equivalent in the abilities, so I assume an Arcana roll would find what we need.
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri May 20, 2016 1:53 am

Giving the man's shoulder a reassuring squeeze, Zthulan stands back up. "Sadly, there is little I can do to help when it comes to careers, but I can guarantee that if you keep your head up, you'll find opportunities. Once Zilean is in the past I am sure the city will need driven individuals to help bring it back." Saying his piece, Zthulan heads over to the man with his eyes covered.
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun May 22, 2016 10:51 am

The patient's condition is obvious: An injury rendered him blind, or near-blind, and as such he's not reacting to Zthulan's presence. The child, next to him, asks Zthulan: "Can you fix daddy's eyes?"

Yes, arcana check for Rolf I guess.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed May 25, 2016 5:53 am

"Yeah, sounds good. Questioning these young workers isn't making us progress. Either they don't know anything, or they're being very tight lipped about it. Best not to spook them in any case, until we have more knowledge."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Fri May 27, 2016 8:55 pm

Zthulan gives the girl a smile, "I'll do what I can Miss about his eyes." With a deep breath, he begins the process.

Heal: 11 + 13 (Expert) + 5 (FK: Ritual) = 28
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat May 28, 2016 3:43 pm

Rolf nodded, then turned back to the maids. "Would you be willing to lead us to the closet where you keep your supplies? There's a few things we'd like to inspect." Rolf was hoping that either he'd be able to detect some magic or spot some glitter on the supplies. Otherwise, this was starting to look like a dead end (Stacy Two claimed to be the one who entered the bathroom, but she was showing no signs of nervousness).

Rolling Arcana for detect magic...3 (1d20) + 14 = 17
Rolling Perception for glitter...9 (1d20) + 7 = 16
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Zthulan's healing, at first, seems to have done a miracle: The man, after removing his blindfold and letting the magic remove the wounding that blinded him, along with any potentially life-threatening injury, cries in joy as he sees his daughter with his own eyes again. Zthulan then realizes a harsh truth from the glowing tears in his eyes: The effect is temporary. He's fine now, but unless this man can repeat this sort of 'treatment' for an unknown time, if not for the rest of his life, his sight will degrade to near/complete blindness.

The broom cupboard holds what you'd expect - brooms, mops, buckets, a few sponges, some rags, and a rather disheveled maid's uniform. The investigation gives fruit, as some 'evidence' is found: One of the buckets, though otherwise pristine clean and empty, has a very faint, residual magic aura, and one of the mops has a few 'sparkling' traces of something that resembles sand or mineral on it.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun May 29, 2016 12:42 am

"Right, so. Anything?" Horizon stands behind Rolf with his arms crossed, waiting patiently.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun May 29, 2016 3:30 am

"Residual magic aura in this bucket, and bits of glitter in this mop," Rolf replied before turning back to the maids. "Ladies, the theft I mentioned was of some magic crystals that were connected to the mirror in the bathroom. These crystals powered a scrying connection to Master Bartholomew, a powerful wizard who has been assisting with this invasion and is able to contact the wizards at the Magic Academy. This morning, it was discovered that these crystals had been stolen and replaced with fakes. Without those crystals, we lose our connection to a vital resource in the defense of this city."

"This evidence indicates that this cleaning equipment was used to smuggle the fake crystals in and the real crystals out. Now, does anyone have some explanation for this, or shall we draw our own conclusions?"

Rolling Persuasion...7 (1d20) + 10 = 17
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon May 30, 2016 2:15 am

"I'm really good at drawing conclusions." Horizon states, a hand now reaching to grip his blade threateningly as he eyes them suspiciously- the disheveled, clothe-on-in-a-hurry one in particular. His eyes seem to darken as he stares her down, and something subconscious resonates through her- she feels cold, alone, afraid...

"Who was it?"

Finally, something for my skillset. First:
War Face (Terrify) (5) - [1/Day]
You put on a terrifying display, terrifying a creature that can see you for the next minute. Any creature attempting to intimidate a terrified creature gains +5 to Persuasion checks made to do so.
Target, the disheveled one. Even if she didn't do it, she seems most susceptible to intimidation. Soooooo:

Intimidation check- Persuasion: 17+12+5(FK)+5(Terrify)=39
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:10 pm

The elf immediately panics and yells out a confession.

"JEREMY JEREMY THE GUARD HE'S JUST SO RUGGED LOOKING AND WE WERE BOTH STRESSED OUT AND THE CLOSET WAS THERE AND I KNEW WE'D BOTH BE IN TROUBLE IF ANYONE FOUND OUT AND THEN WE DIDN'T EXPECT TO BE INTERRUPTED AND AND I DON'T KNOW WHO DID THE CRYSTALS STUFF I WAS WITH JEREMY LAST NIGHT DON'T HURT HIM OR TELL HIS BOSS I DON'T WANNA GET HIM IN TROUBLE PLEASE DON'T FIRE ME MAAM!", she spouts before bursting into tears.

The other maids (especially the head maid) are too stunned by... everything, to respond.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:55 pm

Zthulan gives the two a few moments to compose themselves.  "Sadly, sir your sight is only temporary.  Repeated treatment will prevent the blessing from degrading, but as of now I do not know how long it is going to last.  Given my other obligations to the city I might not be able to meet up with you in time.  I would say that despite this, the wound is perfectly healed so there should be no other complications.  I will see if I can do anything else."

Arcana to Identify the exact blessing used: 3 + 8 = 11

Welp. I tried
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:22 pm

"Well. That satisfies my curiosity." Horizon says with a stupid, yet still menacing grin. "Would anyone else like to admit to anything? One of you took the crystals, and I'd say there's a decent chance that if you come clean now, that my two more reasonable partners will prevent terrible, awful things from happening to you- as opposed to if you keep it hidden and I find out later." His hand remains in place on his Kukri, and his eyes flash with the impression that there is no backing away or escaping from him...

Intimidate on the rest of them: 10+12+5(FK)= 27
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:47 pm

Insight on the maids reactions, who's scared, and whose worried?: 19 ( 10 + 9 Perception)

Also gonna run assistance.
Intimidate aid (+4) for Horizon: 28 ( 14 + 14 persuasion )

The deva commits the reactions of the girls to memory before she steps in from the side, leaving enough space not to block Horizon's angle on the maids. Holding up her hands, she says in a phony panic,
"Calm down, Horizon. We can't brush it under the rug another time. Rather, the rug is getting full." She turns her head towards the shift workers. "You've told the truth, right? Nobody needs to get hurt, right?"

Should follow up on who interrupted elf maid and Jeremy.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:30 pm

"...I can assure you, any minor dalliances during this stressful time are not our concern (or at least, not really something we'd be likely to punish). We're just trying to find the crystals. Stacy Two, I'm afraid that your prior testimony currently makes you the most likely culprit. Between that and finding this evidence in the...."

Rolf paused, "Gathwen, did you say that you were interrupted while in the closet? By whom?"

Rolling Persuasion...9 (1d20) + 10 = 19
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Zthulan thinks he can identify the blessing, such to be able to repeat his treatment, but it's neither mistake-proof nor has good (if any) chances of being a permanent treatment. The man, though obviously distraught by the news, seems to be fairly accepting of the fact. "I... I think I understand. At least I get to lose it on my own terms now. And I saw my little girl again."

Jeraylia can sense that everyone except Wurthu, the Orc maid, is scared and borderline panicking, kept in check, barely, by Bilge's commanding presence. Wurthu seems livid, but is doing a good job at not not breaking her cool. Bilge, who is also very livid, whispers to her: "I'm 10 seconds from calling the guards on you all and doing something unladylike if those threats ain't a bluff."

The Elf answers, still shaky: "T-the Head Maid's... uh...  'get-over-here-pronto-whistle' that called us over here. Miss Bilge doesn't use it often, but when she does... You don't keep her waiting."

Bilge adds: "Little bit of discipline goes a long way."

Stacy Two opens her mouth to answer, but is interrupted by Stacy One: "I did it! I stole it!"
Stacy Two seems rather surprised: "What? No, I..."
"You don't need to cover for me sis! I'm not letting yourself get hurt by this... savage for me!"
"I did it! Don't listen to her!"

The two twins start a shouting match with each other.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Rolf sighed. "Horizon, could you please stop scaring everyone? At this point, it's doing more harm than good." He turned to look at the Stacys. "Now, here's the thing: Despite what Horizon is implying, assigning punishment for this isn't really in our purview. As long as neither of you are actively working for Zilean, all I really care about is getting the mirror back online so we can back a valuable resource that might just help save this town. So, could someone please tell me where the crystals are now?"

Rolling Persuasion...3 (1d20) + 10 = 13
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:41 am

"It's true. We'll keep the madman away, so help us out, okay?" Jeryalia chimes in, inserting herself further between Horizon and them. "I'm sure Mr. Towden, here, would rush to protect a couple of cute girls like you in a heartbeat. Isn't that right, Rolf?"

Wanted to assist: First roll was a nat 1 XD. So, I'll use 1 "Stubbornness" (1/5). Second roll was a 19. I also want to use "Lead by Example" (1/3) to give Lyntermas the 19 roll, and take his 3 for my own.

So, my assist roll is: 17 ( 3 + 14 persuasion)
And Rolf's persuasion becomes: Rolling Persuasion...19 (1d20) + 10 + 4(IfAssistWorks) = 33
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:11 pm

Horizon just rolls his eyes at Rolf's sandbagging- scaring everyone was getting results. He remains silent, though, opting just shoot the twins another threatening glare or two behind his teammates' backs.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:57 am

Stacy 1 quiets down and blushes in shame. Stacy 2 pipes up, similarly shamed: "I don't know who this Zilean is. As for the crystal... I... 'traded' it with a Tiefling. It's with him now, but I don't know where he is now. I... often traded with him. Little things nobody cares about."
"What? What do you mean?! Why would you do this, sis?!"
"Cause we can do better than... this!", she says, pointing to her frilly uniform. "What future is there in this for either of us? Becoming like Bilge?"
"Hey! I won't take sass from you!", Bilge remarks.
"I want us to succeed together, but if I cant, at least you should be better off, sister."
"I feel like I don't even know you any more..."
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Knowing that his job is done. Zthulan gives the father another reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. "Now I have to find the others..." Zthulan shrugs and chuckles. "Probably should follow the screaming that will probably occur."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Rolf looked grimly at Stacy Two. "Zilean is the name of the lich who's responsible for the zombie invasion of the city. And whatever your intentions, the "little crystal that nobody cared about" is part of our only way to contact a major resource in stopping him."

"Anyway, can you tell us the tiefling's name, and who you usually got into contact with him? We might be able to set up some type of sting operation to get the crystal back."
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next