Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

+9
A1C Bronymous
thematthew
Caden2112
Appkes
Colter Bolt
Brony 7 of 9
Ramsus
deonte9109
Grey Pen The Flawed
13 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available) - Page 6 Empty Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:26 am

Oh. Well in that case sure.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available) - Page 6 Empty Re: The League of Extraordinary Gentlecolts - OOC (No Spots Available)

Post  Whiteeyes Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:03 am

Um, I didn't mean the format. I meant should we be writing in (fakeish) early modern English like Luna was shown speaking.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:07 am

You mean Ye Olde Butcherede English? Razz

...I hope not, I'd end up just mixing it with a modern (And badly written attempt at) cockney accent or something and looking like an idiot. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:26 am

Well, luckily I have a catch-all reason not to, but if you want to embarass yourself, go ahead. I feel I need to ask why any of thou wouldst speakest as Luna doth speak?

Edit: Oh damn, did I misunderstand the setting? Are we at the first rise of NMM? As in, 1000 years before the show starts? Because if so I need to rewrite some stuff.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:33 am

No clue, I guess we'll all find out based on whether or not Celestia uses the royal CANTERLOCKS on us. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 am

Um, yeah we kinda are...wait I'm playing a ghost that's even older. Does that mean I need to write in middle English? Ere tri a man it do fa ill be I.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:39 am

Whiteeyes: I misunderstood, sorry. As long as I can tell what you're getting at, do whatever you want. The rest of you too. I, however, have no intention of doing so except for humorous purposes.

Brony: Yes! Yes we are. Mine greatest apologies for this communication, or lack thereof. Fret not overly much; Sweetie Belle may yet present herself to thee!
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Location : In the kitchen, at the table, or in my room drawing...

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 pm

Added flavour text to each of the weapon conjuring combat talents. Additionally if I get the effects of the Be Prepared special while using a conjured weapon does this mean I will be able to use talents other than the weapon-specific ones and what will happen if I try to conjure a second using the Be Prepared effect.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm

I would say that other players can summon their own weapons... BUT, those talents say quite specifically that you only use the five talents associated with them while they are active, so you can't use two at once. Also, in order to use other talents, you would have to dismiss said weapon first.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:19 pm

I brought the matter up on the errata topic because it was really bothering me and
Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:
Interestingly, it matters what order you use the effects in. One effect says that you can't use normal combat talents, the other says you can use all your combat talents. Whichever applies last is the one that overwrites the former. So if you already have a Thunder Hammer roaring in your hooves and trigger the special while the hammer is equipped, you'll be able to use all your other talents too. However, if you then conjure another weapon (making the last effect one that forbids you from using your normal combat talents) then you'll be restricted to the new weapon's combat talents until you dismiss it. This will also prevent you from using the other combat talents from the weapon you had conjured at the time.
so I may change my special (likely to either Form of the Juggarnaut or Buccaneer Blaze) since only the Thunder hammer expy has any real ability to activate the Be Prepared 12 effect (though both Baron Von Wolf and Glenda have it as well but I feel it woould too much of a hassle to maintain while changing weapons).
Of course the 8 and 10 effects are also quite useful so I may keep it either way.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:55 pm

My current combat strategy involves a lot of Crit Fishing.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Ok, we'll do it that way.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Grey Pen wrote:Brony: Yes! Yes we are. Mine greatest apologies for this communication, or lack thereof. Fret not overly much; Sweetie Belle may yet present herself to thee!

Ok, 1. you need to practice speaking like that. 2. Don't force her in if she's not already. In order to follow through with this campaign, we need Phoenix to not meet up with SB Prime for as long as possible. Whether that means SB doesn't yet exist here (timeline, makes sense), or because she does happen to have a counterpart, but she hasn't arrived here to overwrite said counterpart (separation) is up to you, obviously.

3. Phrasing.

I'm going to tweak a detail or two on my report to better reflect this time difference. I've also began writing up reference materials as supplementary texts to Phoenix's character. These will mostly take the form of third person articles and essays, covering a range of topics from his personal history, to the history of Everything. These will bridge the gaps of info left otherwise unstated, including crossover application, technical information, etc. The beauty of his situation in this campaign is that absolutely none of it has to be applied to the game world, so there's no special consideration or retconning to think about when reading these. They are primarily for explanations of thing she may or may not talk about over the course of the game, but for OOC purposes.

Ninjas: I also utilize Critfishing, but for quick pips, not to activate my Special.

EDIT: I have learned how to share access to folders. Here is everything so far.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:34 pm

I'm really sorry guys... but I'm gonna have to postpone this a while. Real Life threw me a couple of curve balls last night, and it's gonna take a while for me to re-adjust. I'll still be able to post (though a little more sporadically than before), but running a campaign is a little out of the question right now.

If someone else wants to run this, have that person PM me so I can send them some notes. Or you can just wait.

And again, I'm really sorry.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiteeyes Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:33 pm

I can wait; I hope things work out okay and it's not too serious.
Whiteeyes
Whiteeyes
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Doc pseudopolis Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Whiteeyes wrote:I can wait; I hope things work out okay and it's not too serious.
Agreed.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:57 pm

It's alright, man, RL comes first. We can wait. Smile

Hope things get better for ya, man.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm

My voice joins the above users
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 am

Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:18 am

And Tick-Tock is the first to arive at the meeting! XD
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Grey Pen The Flawed Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:21 am

Woah, that was fast. Gimme a minute to double check character sheets and my notes and I'll reply.
Grey Pen The Flawed
Grey Pen The Flawed
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 am

Glenda makes 2! Huzzah! This one going active was a great surprise.! Very Happy LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!! ...I mean-Oh screw it. Madness it is.
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 am

Uhh..... Is it ok if I enter in disguise? Like if I had been using for a while and had the magic point?
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:47 am

Um... You do know a True Shifter get's all the stats that a normal race of whatever it's imatating is, right? Meaning you get a Cutie Mark and Other stuff as long as said changeling is in it's normal disguise.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  Colter Bolt Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 am

Yeah, I know. I just want to make sure it's ok to enter in disguise and with magic point.
Colter Bolt
Colter Bolt
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next