Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

+28
Pingcode
deonte9109
Caden2112
Mind Gamer
LoganAura
Doc pseudopolis
thematthew
Z2
Cardbo
AlicornPriest
sunbeam
Quietkal
Kenzamaka
Azureink
Philadelphus
Nehiel Mori
Fury of the Tempest
Dusk Raven
Paper Shadow
Hayatecooper
A1C Bronymous
Xel Unknown
Kindulas
kajisora
Ramsus
ZamuelNow
Zarhon
Stairc -Dan Felder
32 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 13 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Dusk Raven Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm back, at this time I've got another idea!

[+4] Narrow Options - Standard Utility
Choose one of the combat talents you brought into battle. You can no longer use that talent for the rest of the battle.

[-X] Leech Life - Interrupt Utility
Trigger: you deal damage to an enemy that involves rolled d8s, d10s, and/or d12s
Effect: Pay X PiPs. For each PiP paid, heal 5 HP. You can heal a maximum HP equal to the damage rolled with d8s, d10s, and/or d12s.
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here - Page 13 Empty Re: New Expansions - New Content - Post your favorites here

Post  Doc pseudopolis Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Combat Talent Suggestions
Combat Talent 1:
Combat Talent 2:
Got a whole Class's worth of Talents to suggest so I'm set for the next few weeks.

Doc pseudopolis
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 am

Just for ease, here are the two suggestions I'm making this week

Nick:

Dual Conjuration:
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:16 am

Combat Trait:

combat talent:

I tried to balance the Rebuke effect directly against Vulnerability, since the results of putting Vuln 3 on an enemy or Rebuke 3 on an ally should be about the same, assuming everyone attacks the way they would have otherwise.
I'm not certain what the limits of new content submissions are, but if anybody wants to work with me to come up with a host of talents that involve rebuke, could we put it forward as a new keyword to go in the handbook, then phase our combat talents in, little by little?
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Rebuke huh? That's a pretty nice name for a standard effect, I like it.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:34 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Don't remember if I suggested anything this week

So here's some combat traits

Trait - Duel Form
When in Form of The X. You may retain one of your normal combat talents along with that form. This Trait may be taking multiple times.

Utility Talent
Hugs - 1/day
Target ally gains +3 to there skill checks for the next hour.

Hugs makes sense, simple but useful..
But Duel Form... a trait that lets you keep your other talents while in a form or conjuring a weapon... since it doesn't mathematically increase your effectiveness, just enables combos, I wouldn't be afraid to just have one trait that disregards the "you cannot use your normal talents" rule altogether. An alluring concept
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hayatecooper Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:58 pm

Oh... Dual form was more meant to only work with the Druid Talents not the conjured weapons. I probably could have worded that better.
Hayatecooper
Hayatecooper
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 pm

Hayatecooper wrote:Oh... Dual form was more meant to only work with the Druid Talents not the conjured weapons. I probably could have worded that better.
I get that you did, but I think it might as well work with both. Hm. We still haven't reworded the Talisman of Weapons to work with both, I've felt it should. Since, in many ways, the flavor is interchangeable - I use Form of the Panther as a conjured sword, and Nehiel plays a changing who uses Conjured Weapons as beast forms.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 pm

I think you should keep them different. Like how conjurations are different from conjured weapons. Just gives more variety.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:29 pm

I wonder what the value of being able to still use your talents while in Form of the Tree is, or grabbing extra talents with those forms... Form of the Tree seems like the scariest thing, but I doubt that's a problem at the cost of a whole trait... but then, awkward if the real valuable combo with a trait is one talent. Very hard to pin down how powerful that actually is - it's mostly versatility, which should be cheap, but...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:42 pm

Okay, I'm just going to post a funny idea that could be powerful as a combo piece (how powerful I have no clue, this thing isn't particularly balance-friendly).

Wound Suspension Robes - 1000 Gold
Whenever you would take damage, prevent that damage if you aren't taking ongoing damage. You take ongoing damage equal to the damage prevented (save ends).

So while in many ways a drawback, it does delay damage and is good for gusher builds, as well as Savage Dreadnought or allies with save ends prevention... also readying "Way too Tough" in response to it's effect... and it's be silly with Karmic Mirror. I have no idea how printable this thing is but I thought i'd share...
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:52 pm

I think the combo's it allows might be a bit too powerful.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Kindulas Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:I think the combo's it allows might be a bit too powerful.
Yeah... probably. I mean we could just make it really expensive, but I have *no* clue how expensive it should be.
Kindulas
Kindulas
Designer
Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:07 pm

Kindulas wrote:Okay, I'm just going to post a funny idea that could be powerful as a combo piece (how powerful I have no clue, this thing isn't particularly balance-friendly).

Wound Suspension Robes - 1000 Gold
Whenever you would take damage, prevent that damage if you aren't taking ongoing damage. You take ongoing damage equal to the damage prevented (save ends).

So while in many ways a drawback, it does delay damage and is good for gusher builds, as well as Savage Dreadnought or allies with save ends prevention... also readying "Way too Tough" in response to it's effect... and it's be silly with Karmic Mirror. I have no idea how printable this thing is but I thought i'd share...
No... Just no... Don't do this... It'll prove that the Devs on this game have no brain and just do whatever fancies themself to do.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:19 pm

Might be interesting in the concept of "talents that never made it in" behind the scenes type discussional thing but there's far too many ways it could be broken to be officially added. Guess there's also the aspect of it feeling that coming from a dev, it should be part of it's own thread rather than within the weekly suggestion thread.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:29 am

I forgot to make suggestions earlier in the week, so quick suggest time is go...

Poison (Combat Term):

Magician's Robes (Combat Item):
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

Paper Shadow wrote:
Poison (Combat Term):

I support this term... in particular because I had in mind an identical effect which I called Disease...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:13 am

Not sure how useful magicains robs are... Quite a few conjuration already have resit, and other you want to die.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:03 am

I'm gonna (sorta?) re-submit this as it doesn't make sense to have Webspinner without this around too.

Venomous (1)
Characters of your race cannot be harmed by naturally occurring poison (though magical poisons and similar can still harm them in combat). Characters of your race can also safely spit small amounts of poison at will. Outside of combat, this poison weakens living creatures and may even cause them to lose consciousness. Concentrated doses of poison may be lethal.

(I'm fine sharing credit with Zarhon who came up with a very similar idea that he submitted here earlier. Though I totally thought it up months before. =P )
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 pm

What is the point of the Training Diploma?

Also, can we get feedback why certain ideas did not go though?

Oh and:

Phase-Shift Armour:

Basically, a weaker version of the Displacer Armour. Should give you a 1/4 chance to dodge, compared to the 1/2 chance of the Displacer Armour
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:What is the point of the Training Diploma?

Also, can we get feedback why certain ideas did not go though?
The Training Diploma allows you to have more traits than the Training Certificate for the same amount of Trinket slots. I also would like feedback if possible...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:The Training Diploma allows you to have more traits than the Training Certificate for the same amount of Trinket slots. I also would like feedback if possible...

Oh yeah... item limit.

Also, I gave feedback.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:07 pm

Fury of the Tempest wrote:
Paper Shadow wrote:The Training Diploma allows you to have more traits than the Training Certificate for the same amount of Trinket slots. I also would like feedback if possible...

Oh yeah... item limit.

Also, I gave feedback.
Oh, I thought you meant feedback from the devs, not just general overall feedback...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Paper Shadow wrote:Oh, I thought you meant feedback from the devs, not just general overall feedback...

Oh yeah, I did.

Derp.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Valid point on dev feedback.  That was mentioned in the first post and it's kinda stabbing in the dark right now if you don't know how to fix a submission.  Anyways...

Utility Talent - If You Want Something Done Right...:

Not sure if it needs a limited number of times per day. Also:

Utility Talent - Innocuous Intimidation:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next