Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League [IC]

+3
A1C Bronymous
mjh6
ZamuelNow
7 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The League [IC] - Page 6 Empty Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Ash grits her teeth and slows to a stop. "All right, tough stuff, if you don't want it I won't bother." She kneels down and inspects the deposit box. "They sure banged this thing up," she mutters, pulling out her tools and going to work on the lock. "Maybe Static Shock's only interested in mint condition deposit boxes. Or she was after something else, something she already has... or she just cares more about escaping. Bit anticlimactic, that, but I guess it takes the Macguffin out of play."

OOC:

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:59 pm

"Got it." Phoenix rushes over to the back of the roof, overlooking the back door. With a knife in one hand, he starts to focus, working up his less-fiery powers and preparing a new technique he had been practicing.

Prepping Forcefield, 1 minute prep time.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Wall merely put his hands up once Yuri loosened his grip. Meanwhile, Ash's deft manipulation of the safe deposit box's lock yielded success. Upon opening it, she found a cornucopia of calculations across several sheets of paper. It looked like something involving chemicals but would probably take more investigation to determine details.

As Staticaster barreled out of the back exit, she snapped her fingers. The satellite that had been hovering over the light pole started to fire laser beams indiscriminately at the bank. Over the comm, Phoenix could hear, "This thing's got some sort of forcefield up. The transport doesn't have enough firepower but the fighter jets are in route."

Outdoor OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

"Well, great. Math. Not even gonna bother." Ash gathers the papers, folds them, and slips them inside her coat, into a pocket that doesn't exist. Then she stands up, kicks the empty deposit box aside, and follows Staticaster's path down the hall at a leisurely pace.

OOC:

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Yuri hefts Hammer's unconscious body over his shoulder, shoving Wall down the hallway at a sharp pace. "Ash, I have a truly ridiculous plan, and I need your help. How would you like to help me embarrass myself in a grand fashion?" He says shortly, his voice reverberating back down the hall to Iron Maiden. He needed her help too.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Iron Maiden had spent the last few minutes trying to catch her breath. She was tough, but not invincible, IM reminded herself. In response to Yuri's question, she wordlessly nodded.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:27 am

"Shag Carpet didn't wanna talk, so I don't mind if plan B is big and loud. Whaddya have in mind, comrade?"

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:45 am

"Please tie him up, preferably hanging from something." Yuri says, jerking a thumb at Wall. "Then meet me outside. Iron Maiden, with me." He says, striding out the door.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:00 am

"Oh, great. Knots. I hope I get a merit badge out of this." Ash watches Yuri leave, turns toward Wall, and starts to say something. Then she pauses, turns around several times looking at everything in the area, and finally stops, feeling perturbed. After a couple moments' thought, she looks to Wall and says, "you got any rope?"

Last edited by APonyFarce on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:45 am

Ignoring the pod for now, Phoenix tracks Staticaster as she exits the door, and directs his powers towards her, both hands outstretched. A globe of translucent red energy springs to life around her, snaring her inside. "I've got her," He directs through the comms, "Get out here now, her droney thing is going nuts!"

Got her trapped, maintaining for at least a turn. I can spare another attack from Pod B.
Arcana for Forcefield DC: 17+5=22, and I'll use my hero point to keep the bad guy from getting away. 32.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Yuri found that the back exit had a small employee parking lot.  While one could drive from the front to the back, there was otherwise no exit to it.  Beyond the parking lot was a wooded area where the trees provided partial shade.  Staticaster seemed to be the utmost calm while she was inside the forcefield. Smirking, she snapped her fingers and pointed upward merely stating, "Catch." Over the comm link, the League could hear, "The forcefield still seems to be up on this hover platform but its engines just cut off.  It's gonna land on the bank!"
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:59 pm

"Land is the polite version." Yuri replies into his comm link. "Phoenix, release her. Let her go."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:03 pm

"What's going on?" Ash asks, retrieving a length of rope from a conveniently-placed broom closet. "Am I still tying up Spandex? 'Cause it sounds like maybe we shouldn't be here much longer."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"She's either going to land her transport and threaten the whole city with it, or crash it through the town center. She probably hasn't decided yet." Yuri replies. "Tie him up, then get out here."
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:29 pm

"I'm not letting her go, not until you guys can grab her." Phoenix replies flatly, an edge to his voice. "Call off your pods!" He demands, glaring at her.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 am

There was an American phrase for this. Ah, right.

"This is not a Mexican standoff you're likely to win, Phoenix." Yuri says sharply, looking for good climbing routes up the building. "And we can't catch her until that field disappears anyways. Release her."

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 am

Iron Maiden stood in shock for a few seconds realizing what she wanted. But heroes don't go into shock. Not if they wanted to to save the day. She began rummaging through her belts for something that might help. "You said you had a plan, Yuri. Is it still possible?"

OOC:
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:08 pm

"The plan was for you to throw me, and possibly Hammer, at Staticaster, so that we could get to her in mid-air. I told you it was stupid." He pauses for a moment, looking up at the odd scene in the sky. "Just reaching Staticaster is no longer enough, so I thought the plan was shot. But we do have more time now...Let's get to the roof. You too Ash, finish your little fantasy game in there."

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:00 pm

"Alright then. Lets do this." Iron Maiden pulled out several wall grips she kept around for situations like this and handed them out.. Not everyone could fly, after all.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm

"Thank you." Yuri says, uncertain if he's thanking her for the grips or for not ridiculing his plan. He clambers up the wall, his movement not unlike a bear pounding through the woods, and pulls himself onto the roof, looking at Staticaster and her shifting ship. "What can get through your shield? Lightning? Radio Waves?" He asks Phoenix, without turning his head.

OOC:
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm

"This was your idea, man," Ash says, tying Wall to a column inside the bank. "If your boss goes and crushes the bank or something, I'm gonna feel pretty bad about this." Leaving him, she dashes further inside the bank and takes the stairs up to the roof.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

"Some light, and anything that hits hard enough probably. And apparently whatever she's using to control her toys." Phoenix says somewhat calmly, still holding the shield in place. Less calmly, though, "Get her, now. 2 seconds..." And 2 seconds later, he relents, opening a hole in the forcefield that would allow one of them to get through.

No reason to drop the whole thing just yet. But, why are you climbing, isn't she near the ground?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Staticaster's hovering satellite continued firing laser beams indiscriminately at the bank.

OOC:
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbeam Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Yuri sighs. "Stop the falling ship." He says flatly, talking generally to Phoenix and Iron Maiden, before suddenly snatching a knife out of Phoenix's belt and jumping back off the roof. He was almost certain this wasn't going to end well. Landing on the balls of his feet with a heavy thud, he shoots forward, reaching through the hole to grab one of Staticaster's legs and yanking it out, before jamming the knife into what looks like the most complex bit of electrical circuitry. Still sounding resigned, he says "Ash, we are performing an armistice. Get out here and disarm Staticaster as best you can."

OOC:

Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
sunbeam
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  APonyFarce Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:46 pm

"Already here, Slamchest," Ash says, standing on the edge of the roof and looking down. She drops off the roof, lands on Staticaster, grabs her arm, and yanks hard, pulling herself up. She slams her foot into Staticaster's back, lets go of the arm, and kicks off, flipping once before landing on the ground. "You know this doesn't really look much like a plan anymore."

OOC:

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next