The League [IC]

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:44 pm

Ash grits her teeth and slows to a stop. "All right, tough stuff, if you don't want it I won't bother." She kneels down and inspects the deposit box. "They sure banged this thing up," she mutters, pulling out her tools and going to work on the lock. "Maybe Static Shock's only interested in mint condition deposit boxes. Or she was after something else, something she already has... or she just cares more about escaping. Bit anticlimactic, that, but I guess it takes the Macguffin out of play."

OOC:
Not sure what kind of dexterity check I should roll. Best of 3 again?

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:59 pm

"Got it." Phoenix rushes over to the back of the roof, overlooking the back door. With a knife in one hand, he starts to focus, working up his less-fiery powers and preparing a new technique he had been practicing.

Prepping Forcefield, 1 minute prep time.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Wall merely put his hands up once Yuri loosened his grip. Meanwhile, Ash's deft manipulation of the safe deposit box's lock yielded success. Upon opening it, she found a cornucopia of calculations across several sheets of paper. It looked like something involving chemicals but would probably take more investigation to determine details.



As Staticaster barreled out of the back exit, she snapped her fingers. The satellite that had been hovering over the light pole started to fire laser beams indiscriminately at the bank. Over the comm, Phoenix could hear, "This thing's got some sort of forcefield up. The transport doesn't have enough firepower but the fighter jets are in route."

Outdoor OOC:
Phoenix takes 15 damage. [Pod B]
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 pm

"Well, great. Math. Not even gonna bother." Ash gathers the papers, folds them, and slips them inside her coat, into a pocket that doesn't exist. Then she stands up, kicks the empty deposit box aside, and follows Staticaster's path down the hall at a leisurely pace.

OOC:
Five-Finger Discount (You Don’t Know Where It’s Been) (3) – At Will
You can quickly hide any item smaller than yourself upon your person, making the object nigh-impossible to find. Make a Stealth check with a +15 bonus. The result becomes the DC for a perception check to beat in order to find the item. You can only have one such concealed item on your person at a time.

15+15+11=41

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:55 pm

Yuri hefts Hammer's unconscious body over his shoulder, shoving Wall down the hallway at a sharp pace. "Ash, I have a truly ridiculous plan, and I need your help. How would you like to help me embarrass myself in a grand fashion?" He says shortly, his voice reverberating back down the hall to Iron Maiden. He needed her help too.

OOC:
Using Divine Vitality on IM again: 3d10=7+6+6=19 HP healed again. Neat.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:29 pm

Iron Maiden had spent the last few minutes trying to catch her breath. She was tough, but not invincible, IM reminded herself. In response to Yuri's question, she wordlessly nodded.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:27 am

"Shag Carpet didn't wanna talk, so I don't mind if plan B is big and loud. Whaddya have in mind, comrade?"

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:45 am

"Please tie him up, preferably hanging from something." Yuri says, jerking a thumb at Wall. "Then meet me outside. Iron Maiden, with me." He says, striding out the door.

OOC:
What are we dealing with, on the ground? Is this a thin alley, or a wide backstreet? More specifically, what do we have in the way of fire escapes and scalable walls, balconies, etc?
Perception: 1d20+6=20+6=26. Um. Couldn't have gotten this earlier, huh? I have a feeling we'll be wanting it in a moment, too.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:00 am

"Oh, great. Knots. I hope I get a merit badge out of this." Ash watches Yuri leave, turns toward Wall, and starts to say something. Then she pauses, turns around several times looking at everything in the area, and finally stops, feeling perturbed. After a couple moments' thought, she looks to Wall and says, "you got any rope?"


Last edited by APonyFarce on Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:45 am

Ignoring the pod for now, Phoenix tracks Staticaster as she exits the door, and directs his powers towards her, both hands outstretched. A globe of translucent red energy springs to life around her, snaring her inside. "I've got her," He directs through the comms, "Get out here now, her droney thing is going nuts!"



Got her trapped, maintaining for at least a turn. I can spare another attack from Pod B.
Arcana for Forcefield DC: 17+5=22, and I'll use my hero point to keep the bad guy from getting away. 32.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Yuri found that the back exit had a small employee parking lot.  While one could drive from the front to the back, there was otherwise no exit to it.  Beyond the parking lot was a wooded area where the trees provided partial shade.  Staticaster seemed to be the utmost calm while she was inside the forcefield. Smirking, she snapped her fingers and pointed upward merely stating, "Catch." Over the comm link, the League could hear, "The forcefield still seems to be up on this hover platform but its engines just cut off.  It's gonna land on the bank!"
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:59 pm

"Land is the polite version." Yuri replies into his comm link. "Phoenix, release her. Let her go."
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:03 pm

"What's going on?" Ash asks, retrieving a length of rope from a conveniently-placed broom closet. "Am I still tying up Spandex? 'Cause it sounds like maybe we shouldn't be here much longer."

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:56 pm

"She's either going to land her transport and threaten the whole city with it, or crash it through the town center. She probably hasn't decided yet." Yuri replies. "Tie him up, then get out here."
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:29 pm

"I'm not letting her go, not until you guys can grab her." Phoenix replies flatly, an edge to his voice. "Call off your pods!" He demands, glaring at her.
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:56 am

There was an American phrase for this. Ah, right.

"This is not a Mexican standoff you're likely to win, Phoenix." Yuri says sharply, looking for good climbing routes up the building. "And we can't catch her until that field disappears anyways. Release her."

OOC:
I don't know if I actually need a perception check or not. Do we have a fire escape or anything?
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:29 am

Iron Maiden stood in shock for a few seconds realizing what she wanted. But heroes don't go into shock. Not if they wanted to to save the day. She began rummaging through her belts for something that might help. "You said you had a plan, Yuri. Is it still possible?"

OOC:
Oh for Pete's sake sunbeam-

Climber’s Grip – Enchantment
Preparation Time: 10 seconds
You and up to five allies gain a +10 bonus to skill checks made to climb or hold onto surfaces for the next hour.

There, now we can climb with a bonus. So while we climb, maybe Yuri could explain what he wants to do? Because short of just trying to catch the plane or letting Staticaster go, I'm fresh out of ideas.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:08 pm

"The plan was for you to throw me, and possibly Hammer, at Staticaster, so that we could get to her in mid-air. I told you it was stupid." He pauses for a moment, looking up at the odd scene in the sky. "Just reaching Staticaster is no longer enough, so I thought the plan was shot. But we do have more time now...Let's get to the roof. You too Ash, finish your little fantasy game in there."

OOC:
Pausing before I start climbing to actually receive something to do with Climber's Grip. Also because if this is a bank the walls should be pretty darn sheer, and I don't think you can scale that without tools.
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  mjh6 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:00 pm

"Alright then. Lets do this." Iron Maiden pulled out several wall grips she kept around for situations like this and handed them out.. Not everyone could fly, after all.
avatar
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Gender : Female
Posts : 1769
Join date : 2013-08-12
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:11 pm

"Thank you." Yuri says, uncertain if he's thanking her for the grips or for not ridiculing his plan. He clambers up the wall, his movement not unlike a bear pounding through the woods, and pulls himself onto the roof, looking at Staticaster and her shifting ship. "What can get through your shield? Lightning? Radio Waves?" He asks Phoenix, without turning his head.

OOC:
I guess climbing the wall is an Acrobatics check?
Acrobatics: 8+12+10 (climber's grip)=30
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm

"This was your idea, man," Ash says, tying Wall to a column inside the bank. "If your boss goes and crushes the bank or something, I'm gonna feel pretty bad about this." Leaving him, she dashes further inside the bank and takes the stairs up to the roof.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  A1C Bronymous on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:39 pm

"Some light, and anything that hits hard enough probably. And apparently whatever she's using to control her toys." Phoenix says somewhat calmly, still holding the shield in place. Less calmly, though, "Get her, now. 2 seconds..." And 2 seconds later, he relents, opening a hole in the forcefield that would allow one of them to get through.

No reason to drop the whole thing just yet. But, why are you climbing, isn't she near the ground?
avatar
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Gender : Male
Posts : 5661
Join date : 2012-07-18
Age : 26
Location : Columbus, MS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  ZamuelNow on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:27 pm

Staticaster's hovering satellite continued firing laser beams indiscriminately at the bank.

OOC:
All outside players take 15 damage. [Pod B]
avatar
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Gender : Male
Posts : 3283
Join date : 2013-03-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  sunbeam on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 pm

Yuri sighs. "Stop the falling ship." He says flatly, talking generally to Phoenix and Iron Maiden, before suddenly snatching a knife out of Phoenix's belt and jumping back off the roof. He was almost certain this wasn't going to end well. Landing on the balls of his feet with a heavy thud, he shoots forward, reaching through the hole to grab one of Staticaster's legs and yanking it out, before jamming the knife into what looks like the most complex bit of electrical circuitry. Still sounding resigned, he says "Ash, we are performing an armistice. Get out here and disarm Staticaster as best you can."


OOC:
Using Arrow, I guess, but I don't want to damage Staticaster, I want to damage her antigravity boots.
Also, looking at Staticaster's design, Yuri is totally attacking those light up balls on the ankle of the boots, even though that's probably the least likely place to put actual tech. (unless I'm fighting Tony Stark...) Eh, you play a technologically illiterate character, you suffer the consequences.
2d8=6+1=7 damage to the boot. Also, weakness 5 from that withering blade I used earlier.
HP: 32
Energy: 2
Status: royally screwed, oddly okay with it.


Last edited by sunbeam on Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
sunbeam
Epic Pwny

Gender : Male
Posts : 1930
Join date : 2012-10-24
Age : 22
Location : Elsewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  APonyFarce on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:46 pm

"Already here, Slamchest," Ash says, standing on the edge of the roof and looking down. She drops off the roof, lands on Staticaster, grabs her arm, and yanks hard, pulling herself up. She slams her foot into Staticaster's back, lets go of the arm, and kicks off, flipping once before landing on the ground. "You know this doesn't really look much like a plan anymore."

OOC:

[+3] Falling Fist - Standard Action (Attack, Opener, Single)
Deal 3 damage to target creature.

[-2] Black Lotus - Reaction (Combo, Single, Attack)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Target creature suffers Weakness 10.

[-3] Super-Combo-KO - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single)
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 2d6 damage to target creature. For each 6 you roll, gain 3 energy.

5+6=11

Life: 50
Energy: 5

The way I'm playing this I might need to take off that last 15 life but I like to think Ash has a somewhat tenuous relationship with geographical location.

APonyFarce
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Posts : 105
Join date : 2014-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The League [IC]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum