Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want To Play? Looking For A Group? Post Here!

+75
jaguargamma
nightlight
Faege
DJWalrus451
Terrestial
Sliverbrony
GreyVestibule
warriorkalia
Reaver
Somber Star
Buttons
Jsser23
Dr Blight
Dream Axis
mjh6
Loud Taffy
Copper Rose
TheCavalry
Brony 7 of 9
JacenCaedus
Crystalite
Elacular
kingofsouls
SparkImpulse
Oporst
ZamuelNow
Marona
Clockeye
Drago765
RandomNumbers9041
Mashuga31
Newbiespud
Fury of the Tempest
Firedrop23
zer0n
Spitz
Dusk Raven
AProcrastinatingWriter
casey1859
Paper Shadow
Curunir
Dr. Sockpuppet
Retrokinesis
elfowlgirl
deonte9109
Z2
Caden2112
Whiteeyes
Grey Pen The Flawed
Sable Shroud
Sable Tails
SilentBelle
SubjectZ
kajisora
Masterweaver
Knightmare
Colter Bolt
LoganAura
Zarhon
Snaitf
id319
tygerburningbright
Xel Unknown
Quietkal
Silver Soul
A1C Bronymous
Azureink
Ramsus
The Warrior of Many Faces
Demonu
Lord CoffeeSpanker
Cardbo
XandZero2
lyric
Stairc -Dan Felder
79 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Want To Play? Looking For A Group? Post Here! - Page 8 Empty Re: Want To Play? Looking For A Group? Post Here!

Post  Zarhon Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm recruiting more players for a skype game group of pony tales paranoia. 1-2 slots are open. Thread here.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Want To Play? Looking For A Group? Post Here! - Page 8 Empty Re: Want To Play? Looking For A Group? Post Here!

Post  Sable Tails Wed May 29, 2013 2:22 pm

I have almost no experience with D&D-type games, but Pony Tales sounds like fun. I've already crafted up a character: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_x4wWUyVNdxbU1hbXhTY1ZmSlk/edit?usp=sharing If anyone's interested in having me in their campaign, I have pretty flexible hours, especially for play-by-post. I have no experience with Skype, but I suppose I could give that a shot as well.

Sable Tails
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed May 29, 2013 6:23 pm

While there are several campaigns that currently have oneish slot to fill I am rather unsure on if the character that you put in your post would be selected. It might be better to look at what is open first then make a character to fill what is needed.

A most likely incomplete list
My little Fantasy A final fantasy styled campaign
The P files An X files styled campaign (current OOC listed)
The Sun sets Open world campaign set after the sudden death of Celestia
The Grand Line adventures A One Piece styled campaign

Edit you appear to have listed all of your utility talents as racials you may want to fix that.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed May 29, 2013 7:35 pm

^The P-Files is actually a fusion of themes ranging from The X-Files and The Watchmen to The Call of Cthulhu - but yeah, Tyger's right about us looking for a new player.

-I already sent you a PM Sable, but again - WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Newbiespud Thu May 30, 2013 2:00 pm

I'm, uh, pondering DMing a weekly Pony Tales game over Skype. I'm not really sure what the setting or the campaign would be like, but it's just a whim at this point. Would anyone be interested?
Newbiespud
Newbiespud
Friendship is Dragons Author
Friendship is Dragons Author

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Would we?! I must certainly would!
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu May 30, 2013 2:21 pm

Hey Newbie!

I know I don't have the time for it, but I'm sure others do. You shouldn't have any trouble finding a number of players who'd be interested. I'd recommend starting a thread under the roleplay section with a brief description of the setting and maybe a hint at the plot? That would probably draw players in fast.

Oh, and BTW - I'm still looking for a 5th player in the P-Files campaign, and since I've had a couple people mention how they were turned off by the X-Files setting, let me clarify.

I don't think you'd really need to have any pre-existing knowledge of the X-Files, Watchmen, or Call of Cthulhu to enjoy the P-Files campaign. Just think of a somewhat dark and scary pony setting and you pretty much have the setting for the game. Ponies are going missing in a big city, the police are corrupt, and terrorists are attacking through magical means. The P-Files actually isn't a crossover, but a campaign inspired by some of the themes of the three mythos mentioned above (mythos that have far-reaching roots in pop-culture today) and to me, I feel I am being pretty true to the MLP universe by simply inserting lots of pop-culture references into my game to make it more silly, fun, and hopefully memorable for my players.

-BAM. Explanation complete!

So in other words, what I'm saying is that the setting shouldn't be a turn-off - unless you just don't like darker settings, but even then, we still manage to have a lot of light moments in the P-Files. After all, it's hard to make a game with ponies all that serious.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu May 30, 2013 6:06 pm

Newbiespud wrote:I'm, uh, pondering DMing a weekly Pony Tales game over Skype. I'm not really sure what the setting or the campaign would be like, but it's just a whim at this point. Would anyone be interested?

Almost certainly would be interested, assuming I can get through my exam painlessly, and am not too swamped with Paranoia/upcoming War of Assassins. Very Happy

@ Newbie Sable Tails: As far as Skype campaigns go...

- War of the Assasins is a yet-to-start campaign, and is still recruiting.
- I've got a spot available for my Pony Tales Paranoia group (it uses altered rules and play mentality due to its setting).
- I believe Z2 is still recruiting for Old King's News.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mashuga31 Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:55 am

I'd be interested newbie, if you'd be interested in having me.

Mashuga31
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Hey guys,

For the record, I've got the P-Files player slot filled!

Thanks to everypony who showed interest.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  RandomNumbers9041 Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 am

Hello, everyone. I just read through the rules and would like to play, so if anyone's recruiting, I'm game. I already have some ideas for characters (a pegasus, and a changeling), but I'm willing to adapt. I don't really get chances to play these kinds of games, so it'd be very appreciated.

RandomNumbers9041
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:40 am

The campaign Luna's Command is looking for a new player. The campaign was designed with newcomers in mind, and a lot of the other players were new to the system when they started, so perhaps that will grab your interest...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:23 am

Additionally an abominable antagonist and Paranoia I do believe are still looking for people. The Antagonist is a high level game while Paranoia is based on the Paranoia game and on skype. Also Playing in the sandbox of the sister system may want an extra person.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:25 pm

Hello! I'm completely new to pen and paper RPGs, in fact, I've only heard about them and never had a chance to play any of them. I'd like to join a group so I could play the game and get immersed in the story. I'm willing to make backstories pertaining to the setting, and in fact would love to. I absolutely LOVE getting into character and immersing myself in the world the RP's set in.

I'd be happy to make a character fit a role the party needs, as long as I get to do what I want with everything else about that character. I'm hoping to find a newbie friendly group so I could jump in and have some fun. Thanks for considering me, and I hope to make a lot of friends here!
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:37 am

Well first off welcome to the forums. I'm sorry but you appear to have caught us at a point where there aren't that many openings for something that you would like.  Playing in the sandbox might have an opening. Odds are there is going to be another game starting up in a few weeks.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Unfortunately, I don't know the rules for 4th edition D&D. So I can't really join that RP. Thanks for offering help and welcoming me though!
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm

They switched to the local rule set sometime ago with a few homebrew stuff thrown in.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm

Oh, okay! Cool! I'll look into it!
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 am

That's one crazy signature Drago.

-And welcome to the forums!

You should be able to find something to jump into relatively quickly. Even if there aren't many spots open anywhere right now, it's only a matter of time until a new campaign starts up. Hope you enjoy the pen & paper RPing.
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:48 pm

I've got an open campaign (Abominable Antagonist), but it's more geared for hack-and-slash than immersive.
Level 10 characters, homebrew boss run, alliterative titles. Everything someone could want in a combat campaign.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Drago765 Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Eh, I tend to be one for immersive campaigns more, and I already got a spot in Playing in the Sandbox, so I don't really think I'll be joining your campaign. Sorry.
Drago765
Drago765
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:49 am

Drago765 wrote:Eh, I tend to be one for immersive campaigns more, and I already got a spot in Playing in the Sandbox, so I don't really think I'll be joining your campaign. Sorry.
Nah I understand; I' a fan of immersive a myself. Just thought I might do a little advertising. :^P
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Clockeye Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:50 am

I've never actually played a tabletop RPG before so i'm looking for a newbie friendly game, I prefer games that involve manage to go into a lot of roleplaying while still being funny here and there. (Though i can serve as the comedy relief if needed.) My character has a quite serious backstory though he's a very light-hearted pony. I don't mind if it's a hard campaign as long as it's fun! Just... Don't try to railroad too much okay?
Clockeye
Clockeye
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerburningbright Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 am

There is currently one game that is open to players but you have to hurry it is filling up fast. Link here.
tygerburningbright
tygerburningbright

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Hi there. I'm a decently experienced roleplayer and I've looked at the system and it seems worth trying out. Are there any games currently recruiting? Preferably something that hasn't started yet.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next