Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

5 posters

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Zilean's Revenge (Part 5) - Page 3 Empty Re: Zilean's Revenge (Part 5)

Post  A1C Bronymous Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:14 pm

With only the one Skeleton left to fight, Horizon stands, and attacks. He closes in on the skeleton, driving both blades into its ribcage, cracking his helmet against its skull. Then, with a firm grip, he lifts it into the air, and violently throws it to the ground.

Combat:
Stats:
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 am

Horizon demolishes the skeleton.

No longer distracted, the infiltrators can see that the outer walls appear to have been set on fire, somehow. Skeletons are doing their best to extinguish it, partially succeeding. Lacking water, they are forced to pat it down with their bodies and cloths. Though they feel no pain from the flames, the raging inferno still destroys some of them, but is slowly being 'drowned out' by their numbers.

They can also clearly hear someone shouting orders at the skeletons, near the tent's front: "Put it out you numbskulls! Then find the infiltrators! No, not like that, use water! Where's all the water?! Agh! Must I do this myself?!"

Outside, the skeleton bounces back Rolf's bolt back at him, stunning him.

Combat#2 Interrupt:

Fight #1 is over. Fight#2 too, technically.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:18 am

Jeraylia taps the charred skull off the burnt skeleton.
"Medium, well done," Jeraylia remarks, admiring Adara's work. She then kneels next to the downed paladin to examine him and offer assistance if she can. "How're you doing, champ?"

heal check: 14 ( 5 + 9heal )
I'm assuming Zarhon's 1hp thing and just poke the skeleton with some damage (demand duel, for instance) ability to bring our combat to a close. Maybe now that she's here, Adara can stoke the wall fire.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:40 pm

Broken Logic wrote: Jeraylia taps the charred skull off the burnt skeleton. "Medium, well done," Jeraylia remarks, admiring Adara's work.

"Cooked to perfection, I should think. I do hope I get to show off my showstopper eventually, but it's just so hard to find opponents that can last long enough."

Rolf turned to Adara. "Thanks for the help. You think you could stick around for a minute? There's still a whole horde of skeletons up ahead."

"Sorry, Rolfie, but unless they're right in front of me to attack, the contract ends," Adara said as the green light started to envelop her. "You stay safe now. Hmm, am I forgetting something? Oh, right." Adara enveloped Rolf in one of her trademark hugs before fading away. "See you soon, Rolfie..."

"...Ahem. Well, let's see if we can get our comrades back on their feet." Rolf went over to help Jeraylia heal the paladins however he could, then looked over at the encampment walls to see if he could tell what was going on.

Healing the Paladins...9 (1d20) + 9 = 18
Perception to see what going on at the wall...Nat 20 + 7 = 27
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:01 am

"Well now, see? That wasn't so bad." Horizon takes a look at the flames peeking over the wall. "....and they always yell at me for starting fires." He turns to Zthulan. "Shaman, let me cue you in on something. While I certainly appreciate the whole "keep me alive" thing... I fight better when things are desperate. Fear of defeat and death is quite... motivating." A black wisp flares up behind him, punctuating his final word.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Zthulan's eyes narrow towards Horizon before nodding. "Very well 'Horizon' I will do my best to remember this fact. I am sure the upcoming battles will provide ample risk." He also spares a glance to fire. "So let us go forward before either we or the others get overrun."
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Rolf's attempt at healing the savagely-beaten paladin are lackluster, keeping him from bleeding out, but otherwise remaining vulnerable and unconscious. Bob, though trained, is apparently too flustered from anxiety to perform much better.

From a glance, Rolf can tell that the wall is burning, and rather brightly - in fact, at the rate it's going, there appears to be a risk of the neighboring buildings getting caught up in the blaze!

Besides that, he can tell that the burning wall is being 'extinguished' by a bunch of skeletons, who are getting damaged or burned in the process, lacking water. The skeletons appears to be 'led' by a rather unique, sentient skeleton: A ram-horned one. It's using some sort of red magic to douse the fires.

Assists on the heal check?
The ones inside the walls can do stealth if they aren't doing anything revealing/drastic.

Last edited by Zarhon on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 pm

Zarhon wrote:Horizon's attempt at healing the savagely-beaten paladin are lackluster
Hmmmm.....

Horizon shrugs, and then begins spying along the wall again. "Well, we don't have a lot of options. Might as well try and get up to the main tent and light the candle. Yeah?" He begins making his way in that direction, slowly.

Stealth: 9+12=21
BTW, that was Horizons IC way of telling Zthulan to let me get bloodied or ko'd, so I can put out more damage.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:58 pm

I'll try and snap Bob out of his shell shock. And assist Rolf with his check.

Persuasion on Bob: 17 ( 3+14persuasion)
Heal Assist Rolf on Paladin: 25 (16+9heal )

And I might just use one "Lead by example" to boost Rolf's roll even higher:
Resulting:
My roll: Heal assist now: 17 (9+8heal) for a +4bonus.
Rolf's total heal roll (new): 29 ( 16+9RolfHeal+4assist )

Hoping my influence on Bob will get him to bump our total just over 30.

Jeraylia instructs Rolf on how to best to mend the wound, finishing by wrapping the torso tightly with medicine soaked bandages. As they work, she turns some attention to their shaking comrade.
"Bob!" Jeraylia barks. She continues in a gentler tone, "Calm yourself. Stanley needs our aid. This is our baptism of fire, we're only just going into the burning woods. Trust in Pelor and belay your anxiety until we've returned to the church."
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:17 pm

This is the story of a paladin named Stanley.

Stanley lived in a big temple in Fezaris, where he was paladin number five. His job as paladin was simple: To enforce his faith and destroy the undead scourge from his beloved neighborhood. Commandments came to him from his god and saints, telling him how to act. Some might find this brain-washing, but Stanley fulfilled his holy duties faithfully.

Then, one day, something peculiar happened during a skirmish.

Stanley was lying on the floor, face first, after being savagely beaten by a skeleton. This unique situation got Stanley to think. "This never happened before.", Stanley thought, in his subconscious mind, as his conscious one was unconscious. "Did I do something wrong?", he worried. "Am I disgracing my holy title?". He contemplated deeply. If he had been conscious, he likely would have pondered the floor as well. "Was that skeleton truly so powerful?", he considered. "Is my skeleton stronger?", he theorized.

As he waxed philosophical, Stanley suddenly felt a slight push against his subconscious mind. The push then became a shove. It was his conscious mind. It was very annoyed with his philosophy, much like a cat is annoyed by an owner that doesn't give it his or her full undivided attention and worship.

Whilst Stanley was thinking about the greater scheme of things, his allies, being the helpful coworkers they were, had been doing their hardest to wake him up from his bruise-induced slumber. Despite the quirky wizard and the mildly traumatized priest's lack of medical professionalism, they all found themselves motivated by their female companion into doing a better job.

Had a real medical expert been watching, he or she would have certainly had a fit of jealous rage, at the blatant disregard for realism that had just been invoked, as Stanley found himself conscious once again.

Stanley restores 1d10 hp, putting him at... 1hp. Zthulan still need to roll stealth.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:36 pm

"Indeed." Deciding that he'll tell the others after, Zthulan follows Horizon.

Stealth: 18 + 6 = 24
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:06 pm

"Ah, Stanley, good to have you back in the waking world...if barely." Rolf was glad that Stanley was alright, but even with Jeraylia's direction and encouragement, the paladin seemed far from anything approaching "battle-ready".

"Anyways, we defeated those skeletons, but I don't think our work out here is over yet. The good news is that the skeletons that were guarding the place are having trouble putting out the fire, and are mainly resorting to destroying themselves to smother it. The bad news is that there seems to be a skeleton with actual brains (and magic) leading them, and the fire is at risk of setting the nearby buildings on fire (why is setting things on fire so darn complicated?). I have a spell that might keep the fire from spreading, but I'd like to have a better idea of what I'm dealing with first." Rolf tried to remember back to his..."research" on exactly what type of undead the skeleton could be classified as (it would be a shame if there were TWO liches he had to deal with).

Rolling History to try and figure out exactly what Horn-Head is...7 (1d20) + 9 = 16

OOC: How close would I have to be to try and use Fabricate to alter the wall so it would be less likely to burn down the surrounding buildings?

Last edited by Lyntermas on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 pm

"I guess we head this way." Horizon moves across the empty courtyard, towards the main tent, approaching its entrance from the side, out of sight. As he nears it, he draws the unstable Alchemist's Fire, getting ready to use it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:52 am

"...Wait a minute. That skeleton's that tiefling we fought at the racetrack! You know, the one who's arm got ripped off. Dang it, I knew we should have caved his skull in before we left." Rolf turned to Jeraylia. "Alright, I have a spell that might end up knocking the wall down, which may keep it from being a fire hazard to the nearby buildings and may smash up some skeletons. However, it will also very likely draw attention back to us, and we're one man down. So, the question is after the wall is down, should we still try to lead them back here and hope that the circle will give us enough of an advantage while the other team...deals with the big top? Or should we leave Bob and Stanley here to recouperate and rush in, meeting up with the rest of the gang?"
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:39 am

"Oh, that old fiend. Seems he wants another course after his knuckle sandwich, compliments of Jeraylia."

Would like to get the team back together, relive old times. Like that one time we offed a lich. Oh, wait, spoilers.
But, yeah, if your plan ends up taking out most of the skelly, or leaves a small enough to barrel through, I'll burn a physical prowess and see if I can knock the block off the Tiefling with a boot to the head, and see if we can catch up.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Bob is struggling to keep Stanley standing properly. "Well, as far as the fire goes, you're free to try out that gizmo I gave you earlier, if it has any more water left. Must be a barrel or two round' somewhere.", he suggests, strained by the paladin's armored weight.

As he approaches the tent's entrance, Horizon hears clattering sounds within. The entrance itself, though apparently open, appears to be completely obscured by darkness, as though looking into a void. A skeleton stands in front of it, acting as a bouncer.

Meanwhile, the ram-headed skeleton appears to be employing magic to slowly extinguish the fire, spawning gushes of red liquid out of nowhere to quench the fire, and apparently repair some of the charred skeletons.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:55 pm

Horizon halts, watching the skeleton. Then he looks back at the Paladins, pointing at Siph. Silently, he gestures at the Skeleton, gesturing and indicating that Siph should take it down.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:43 am

"Well, it seems the longer we stand around, the more the tiefling will be healing the skeletons back up. I'll bring down that wall, and we'll see if that gives us an opening to advance, or if we need to retreat back to here." Rolf then cast another invisibility spell on himself and went back to the wall.

Stealth Mode:

Stealth Roll:

Once he got close enough, he started to prepare a spell. It was a bit like when he had modified the table leg in Zilean's tent to be thinner...only this time it was the supports of the wall, which would hopefully come crashing down on the skeletons trying to put the fire out.

Fabricate:
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Jeraylia holds out a hand to Bob, while keeping her eye on the magic.
"You got a spare flask of holy water?"
Otherwise, she was coiled to react.

Stop me if I've asked this before. Just a worry.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:47 pm

Bob gives Jeraylia a flask. "Down to one, now."

Rolf sneaks up, and starts altering the walls. In a short time, the already-damaged walls start to collapse inwards to the camp, section by altered section, crushing a number of skeletons trying to stop the flames.

This continues for a short while, though, as the skeletal Tiefling quickly notices something strange is happening.

He conjures up a large disembodied hand made of liquid floating blood, which then 'grabs' the top of the wall, and starts shoving in the opposite direction - right where Rolf is in the process of casting!

Meanwhile, Siph nods, and tries to sneak up on the skeleton to deliver a crushing blow.

Stealth:

Unfortunately, his armor clinks at just the wrong moment, alerting it. It raises arms to defend itself, but the paladin still manages to get a strike through by charging.

Rolf, roll Arcana (opposing, vs 23), OR an acrobatics check (normal).

Siph did 6+3 damage (bad rolls) and starts combat - Horizon/Zthulan, roll initiative. If it's 10+, you go before skelly. If both are 10+, other paladin goes before skeleton as well. You haven't been noticed by others yet.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azarune Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:07 pm

Zthulan begins to do quick glance over on the general condition of the other paladin. Feeling confident that the paladin will be able to succeed taking out a lone skeleton. Before any real diagnosis can be determined Koras mentally alerts him to the fact that Siph caught the skeletons attention. Balls.

Initiative: 2.  Drat

Last edited by Azarune on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Azarune
Azarune
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:11 pm

Horizon swears silently. "Worthless." He also moves forward, ready to engage.

Init: 14
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyntermas Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:13 pm

Rolf desperately tries to use his magic to keep the wall from falling on top of him.

Rolling Arcana...8 + 14 = 22 .... Stubborness! (2 uses remaining)
Rolling...11 (1d20) + 14 = 25
Lyntermas
Lyntermas
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken Logic Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:46 am

Jeraylia hefts the flask into a better grip and pulls a leg up towards her stomach. She seems to throw her whole body, focussing the power into her arm which catapults the glass container forwards. The zipping bottle flies through a charred hole in the wall and connects with the face of the Tiefling, showering him in holy juices.
"How's the vintage?"

Athletics to throw bottle at Tiefling: 29 (21 [3d12PhysicalPerfection] + 8athletics).

Hopefully, it will distract, harm and dissolve him, and if I'm lucky enough, knock his head off. Also hoping he's near enough to the wall to be flattened by it, too.
Broken Logic
Broken Logic
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Zarhon Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Rolf and the undead Tiefling engage in a magical equivalent of Tug-Of-War, trying to topple the wall onto each other. Rolf momentarily gains an advantage, bringing the wall over to the Tiefling's side.

He redoubles his efforts, conjuring another hand, two hands now gripping the wall, fully focused on keeping it from crushing him and the remaining skeletons.

This heavy concentration makes him wholly unable to notice, let alone stop the flying projectile launched by Jeraylia.

"AHHH!", he screams as one of its horns falls apart. It's summoned hands quickly engulf him with a sizzle, purging the holy liquids from its skull. It stares at Jeraylia.
"You AGAIN?! Time for some bloody venge-", he yells snidely, before the flaming wreckage of a wall slams on top of him, cutting his curses short.

"Good throw, madam! Though, wouldn't an arrow be more accurate for such a delivery? Hm, there's an idea...", Bob muses.

Go attack things, Horizon, since yer up.
Zarhon
Zarhon
Smile Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next