Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Paper Shadow
Lapis-Lazily
Z2
Dusk Raven
Marona
AProcrastinatingWriter
11 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 9 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  Dusk Raven Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 pm

Well, I for one love recurring bosses... of course, you could also have spun it so that while the mommy half-face is dead, the daddy half-face is very angry...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 9 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  Marona Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:39 pm

>_< Nnnnnnnnnnnn. Now I am somewhat uncomfortable. I just wanted to make a small complaint, not make you feel bad and have a mental breakdown where you started talking to yourself. Well, you more or less addressed anything I'd want to have said or would have asked about. Though I do have to say it wasn't at all clear to me this was supposed to be a reoccurring boss. You'd think you'd have made it get in a single hit at least. (Though actually, it failing to accomplish anything competent before using plot armor to save its life is rather technically accurate for many games.) I was viewing it as a random "tough" monster. Which I hope at least clears things up for you on why I reacted the way I did.

The cutscene thing completely distracted me cuz I just ended up being reminded of Mass Effect 3 where your character behaves like a complete idiot in most cutscenes. (Savior of the universe? Dang Shepard, I'm surprised you can manage to get up in the morning without killing yourself on accident. I guess it's probably because you shoot the covers with your default pistol you always have even though I never gave it to you.)
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:41 pm

You have to be at -100% to die in this system, or did you change that for this specific game?

Also, don't compare this game to video games, it's not a great argument either way. Primarily, because video games have set plots and mechanics that it has to adhere to, where as in these, the DM can make changes on the spot, reacting to the characters, instead of to the preset story.

Also
And again, I for one thought the train was phenomenally awesome. If you are sincere about never doing a finishing move again, what just happened will stand forever as the most awesome thing in this campaign, because it's clear you have a mind for it and a character for it unlike anybody else in the room.
We are all standing right here.

For the record I don't have a problem with it trying to run away. But calling on us to "be over the top and awesome", and then adding a clause that it'll negate one of our attacks, and then using that on what you deem to be the "most awesome"... do you see how logic falls apart there?

And on a personal note- I know the frustrations of Players questioning your motivations, and wanting to lay everything out for them and say "see? I'm not being a dick!". But don't do it. Learn to say. "that's how it went, what do you do next" as soon as possible. If you indulge stuff like that, then you'll have to bear all your secrets and ruin your own game, just to keep the players from sniffing, and its not worth it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Bronymous wrote:You have to be at -100% to die in this system, or did you change that for this specific game?
From what little I understand APW is talkin' of a monster... And those run on ANY rules the GM feels like they run on.
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

http://us3.herozerogame.com/?resource_request=23219_2_1

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:14 pm

Bronymous wrote:We are all standing right here.

For the record I don't have a problem with it trying to run away. But calling on us to "be over the top and awesome", and then adding a clause that it'll negate one of our attacks, and then using that on what you deem to be the "most awesome"... do you see how logic falls apart there?

And on a personal note- I know the frustrations of Players questioning your motivations, and wanting to lay everything out for them and say "see? I'm not being a dick!". But don't do it. Learn to say. "that's how it went, what do you do next" as soon as possible. If you indulge stuff like that, then you'll have to bear all your secrets and ruin your own game, just to keep the players from sniffing, and its not worth it.
Paragraph One: Okay on the one hand poor word choice on my part because I didn't exactly mean that the way it came out...but on the other hand? Yeah. I did say it like that, and I can't take it back. Please prove me wrong. I will then happily feast on humble pie. I will draw a picture of my avatar chowing down on humble pie, and make that my new avatar everywhere on the internet for a solid week. It will be my poorly-drawn apology to you personally.*

Parapgraph Two: I do in fact see where the logic falls apart. I suppose I thought that it negating an attack in gameplay terms meant it would be okay it didn't in roleplay terms but

That was stupid

So there you go

Paragraph Three: That's...pretty good advice, actually. I'll remember that, though I think it applies more for in-story stuff than out-of-story apologies and whether they were warranted, so this debate can continue if you like.

The rules are (At least now, though who knows if they were that way before! Razz) in this game that monsters die at -50% of their health, while humans (And player characters, before Thorix gets worried) die at -100%. Which may go a ways to explaining how humans managed to overcome these monsters, yeh?

Anyway,  since the game isn't stopping whether I'm an idiot or not, anyone want to shoot this thing down or are we buzzing along on our newly-saved train?

*:

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Um... AProc, you are just saying that PCs die at -15 HP with that wording.... Normally it's at -30 where PCs die. and they hit Coma level at -15...
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:25 pm

No I'm not. Clearly you are hallucinating. Obviously. Clearly.

You should probably see a doctor about that. Clearly.

Last edited by AProcrastinatingWriter on Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xel Unknown Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:29 pm

*points to the fact that it says you edited that post* Cheerilee Derp 
Xel Unknown
Xel Unknown

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:35 pm

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 9 Evernote-clearly

Spoiler:
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:24 pm

I was wondering the same thing as Leopold. Do I need to have Regina roll a History check or something?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm

No need; I can just tell you straight up that Regina's never heard of such a thing.

That isn't to say such a thing doesn't exist, of course, but she's never heard of it. Least not in the local guild. This is kind of a special circumstance either way though, so if you want to you might be able to leverage something 'sweet and elite' as it were. Razz
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Well I did take that for a reason.

I also already deliberately wrote myself out of that option by having him not know. Let me see if I can salvage it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 am

I thought about having Regina tell Rixa not to beat herself up about not being much help in the fight, but..... its too hard to resist adding "the monsters already did". =P

Instead Regina will not be mean and withhold judgement/mockery for things people can actually help unlike monsters randomly telling them they don't get to participate. (Could have been her just as easily afterall.)
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Alright, I was hoping to give more people time to respond to this man, ask questions, etc., but as evidently nobody wants to I'll be editing my last post in the topic to reflect your changing circumstances.

It's not much, just him making a suggestion of what to do next, feel free to respond affirmatively or negatively, and it'll be up within fifteen minutes.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:14 pm

Buy tickets? Didn't he just tell us he was going to try and get us aboard the train for free?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:26 pm

He did indeed say that!

Confronting him with this contradiction may or may not reveal interesting results.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:43 am

Been a while, we waiting on something/someone in particular?
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:16 am

Thanks to the new rule that's been made about IP addresses and my own personal circumstances, I apparently have to quit the forum (or I guess I'll be banned). I asked for an exception to be made, but Pingcode refused to do so. This really sucks because I was enjoying playing here. Well, I just wanted people to know what was up. I'll check back in tomorrow and maybe on occasion later to see if something changes in this policy/decision.
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Pingcode Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 am

For clarification purposes, this was a collective decision by the staff to not permit exceptions to the use of proxies, not the ruling of any one staff member. This ruling was necessary to prevent the abuse of proxies to circumvent moderation action, and Marona is welcome to continue posting from any non-obscured IP address.
Pingcode
Pingcode
Technical Administrator
Technical Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Sad you won't be playing my game anymore, Marona. Well, if somebody who made a character wants to jump in here I'll do some rewriting and see if I can get the ball rolling on this but it feels like everyone playing is kind of dead to this? Like, after certain fiasco, I don't blame them for that being the case but

yeah

Anyway if you're wondering where my sympathy re:Marona is it's in another topic; I didn't feel it was prudent to repeat myself.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I don't know that that's the case. I know that I was waiting because Regina had asked an npc a question , and I was waiting for an answer.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:18 pm

Alright, I know I've been screwing up a lot lately, and I am sympathetic that this took a while,

But this time I will swear on my own grave that it was the forum's fault. I was never informed that there was a new post in my topic. This one ain't my jurisdiction!

Okay, but in all seriousness, I apologize that took so long; I didn't realize because somebody didn't tell me. Forums...
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:47 am

>NOT EVEN BOTHERING<

Lapis-Lazily wrote:
Spoiler:
You succeed, and may roleplay doing so. This applies to anybody who rolled a ten or above on Perception.

Bronymous, extra points for roleplaying properly.

Everyone, I am (believe it or not) petitioning for replacements even if I am not doing so publicly. PMs and all that.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:02 am

Replacements? Who all left?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:48 am

Alright, alright, technically one replacement, but I'm looking at multiple people so I pluralized it.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next