Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

+7
Fury of the Tempest
Paper Shadow
Lapis-Lazily
Z2
Dusk Raven
Marona
AProcrastinatingWriter
11 posters

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 4 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:13 pm

You get better characters that way. Without the competition, all anyone really thinks about is balancing a team. I happen to think a party of interesting, well developed characters is more fun to play with than {healer, tank, multihit, Nuke} and {Persuasion expert, Athletics Expert, Magecraft guy}.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!) - Page 4 Empty Re: LL - A World of Monsters (We are...wait for it...no longer recruiting!)

Post  mjh6 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:56 pm

As we are talking about back stories, Alice's has been updated to include her new pet fairy-monster-thing Sunburst. I also want to thank APWr for coming up with the idea.Very Happy 
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:26 pm

One of my things got nerfed, fixing, and also working on my combat now. Still looking for plausible strategic suggestions.

And he's got a picture, too. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mgjvdyHN1_lQ-e-2HQVo80pi6iO5ReT12Kat0GITREY/edit#

EDIT: I guess he's done. Not the best build I've ever come up with, but trying to exploit vulnerability is harder than I thought.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:03 pm

That's fair.

*ahem* Wanted to remind everyone this was a thing. I think a person or two who had expressed interest did not, er, post characters, and

yeah
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:37 am

Yeah... I've kinda been procrastinating/feeling down, so I haven't really been working on much. I may have to take you up on that PM build discussion...
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:14 am

Well, I'm a bit tired tonight, but we can do that tomorrow if you like?
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:26 am

Well, the OP Post said we have until Friday, and I've been busy as of late, so I'll try to get my character done on Thursday...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:18 pm

Ok, now Leopold is Officially done- added a bit of Combat Talent Flavor, changed the picture a bit, and most importantly, added the three Extra Racial Trait lists, representing three of his alternate personalities.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Paper Shadow Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 pm

Meet Boragorn the Scholar...

I went with the scholar over the ranger because what I had in mind was too experienced for someone who just started. Currently he contains some things from my combat expansion, which I felt was okay since you gave someone else the thumbs up, but if not I can change it. Will add more flavour (since he won't actually summon a giant iron golem in game) when I get around to it...
Paper Shadow
Paper Shadow
Smile Like You Mean It
Smile Like You Mean It

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Looks good, both of you.

I want to reiterate that the Talent Specialization Documents are being used in this game at the request of Marona. If you don't feel like adding anything to your character right now for any reason, that's fine! Just...be aware for the future's sake.

The document in question can be found here!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 pm

Its gonna be hard to get in against such great characters...
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:23 pm

It's gonna be hard to judge all these great characters Cheerilee Derp
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Marona Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:49 pm

Don't fret. You can do it. Nicorette can help! Or me, a clearly "impartial" party. =P
Marona
Marona
Very Important Pony
Very Important Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Okay, so after thoroughly combing the Talent Specialization document...

I've decided to hold on to the points until I can afford the True Sight Upgrade. So do we just add that we have the two talent points to use per day on our character sheets instead?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:19 pm

That would be easiest for everybody, I think, but you don't have to if you keep track of the points somewhere else.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am

<LE PO>

Final note! Though applications will stop being accepted at noon central time tomorrow, I may not have the final results up for an hour or six minimum. Worst case scenario, late-night shenanigans. Please have your character's background and most of their flavor done by then!
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Raven Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:04 pm

All right, so I finally got my character sheet finished except for the Virtue, which I'll choose after seeing what everyone else has. Meet Rixa the runaway-turned-hunter: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JkxJOm0pmP29y8EBgN1BErda83LRnvgvwFa3a6C9cvQ/edit#
Dusk Raven
Dusk Raven
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Alright, you've all waited long enough already.

Let's announce the winners!

Let me say in advance that this was a very tough decision for me -all of you came up with interesting powers, believable backstories, and most importantly, good characters! This is why (with their permission) I'll be placing the "losers" (For lack of a better term because everyone did such a good job) off to the side as potential replacements.

Okay, let's announce the winners for real - good job to everybody!

Regina Reid by Marona!
Thorix by Lapis Lazily!
Alice Wooler by mjh6!
Leopold DeHavilland by Bronymous!
Rixa by Dusk Raven!

Congrats to all the winners, and condolences otherwise - I hope someday all of you will get to enjoy this game, one way or another.

...as a side note, I would like to reiterate that in this world, you might have psychic powers, but nobody calls them psychic powers since they don't have a frame of reference. Instead, they call psychic powers "magic" and psychics "warlocks" (first time I've mentioned that detail. Though if you want to come up with your own names, that'll work too - just don't expect the rest of the world to follow unless you do some amazing things.

Anyway, game starts early (For me) Sunday, just to let people know ahead of time. Like, 9-10 am central time or so? Please have your characters completely done (last minute flavor-changes or attributions of TSPs, etc.) by then
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:30 pm

AProcrastinatingWriter wrote: I would like to reiterate that in this world, you might have psychic powers, but nobody calls them psychic powers since they don't have a frame of reference. Instead, they call psychic powers "magic" and psychics "warlocks"
>No magic, only Psychic abilities
>Psychic abilities are basically reflavoring for magic
>Also, no one calls them psychic powers, they call it magic

Soooooo.... it's magic.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm Sorry I Thought That Was Obvious
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lapis-Lazily Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:02 pm

I am excited. Can't wait to begin.
Lapis-Lazily
Lapis-Lazily
Overworked Designer
Overworked Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:02 pm

Gonna have to get up early for a Sunday( that's about 7 my time) but am too excited to care!

mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:05 pm

It doesn't matter, its a PbP. You get to it when you get to it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Bronymous wrote:It doesn't matter, its a PbP. You get to it when you get to it.
Yeah basically.

I mean, if a lot of people are on and free things get going pretty fast and it's a lotta fun, don't get me wrong, but I don't, like, expect you to be there at the moment of the beginning looking for answers playing along for as long as you can or nothin'.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:21 pm

For example, if the game starts 10-11 Central, than it'll be 11-12 where I'm at. I'll probably be awake, and I'll probably not post until 5 pm anyway- partially because I like to be the last one in, partially so the DM learns his place because I like to be the last one in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next