Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 5 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:06 am

Updated my picture to 16 yo Phoenix.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 5 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:15 am

You know, I think I will go with Iron Maiden. I was resistant to it earlier because I don't really know much about the band, but I think it works for her.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:26 am

Hey Crystalite, what would be your thoughts if I made Crystal and Monica into additional parts of my character instead of shoving NPC's upon you, like how Bronymous has Hallows and Gallows?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 am

Gah! When did you guys suddenly become active!?

*deep breath* Hooo...

Okay. Do me a favor: anyone who still has unanswered questions for me, send me a PM or poke me on Skype (crystalitesparks). Because I have completely lost track of what's going on here.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:08 am

Update again. Added Phoenix's revised, setting-appropriate backstory.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:57 am

Well, I guess everyone is done with their characters, for the most part? Can we start soon, or do I have to wait to be added to the list of players in the initial post?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:34 am

I think we still need to give TheCavelry some time, then we'll see.

On an unrelated note, I added a few deatils about all of Serena's siblings in the character notes.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:29 pm

Copper Rose wrote:Hey Crystalite, what would be your thoughts if I made Crystal and Monica into additional parts of my character instead of shoving NPC's upon you, like how Bronymous has Hallows and Gallows?

If you wanted to be really nutty, you could take Versatility and have Companion as one of the options.

In other news, finally officially decided to join. I seem to be the lone Normal but I realized an idea I absolutely had to do. Oh, and he doesn't have reflavored telekinesis.  Razz 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:36 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:If you wanted to be really nutty, you could take Versatility and have Companion as one of the options.
I think you're thinking of the imaginary friend of Sweet Puff.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:59 pm

https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t866-the-absence-thread
Crystalite has noted that he'll be out for the first part of this week.

While not completely finished, I present to the group: The Everliving Gentleman.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Ah, I see we go to the same tailor. Always makes the pants a bit too tight, don't you think?
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:02 pm

Nice build, but did you notice you only spent 26 ability points and 2000 gold?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 pm

He's also missing a Special Move, and a lot of things are unflavored, so I take it he's still in progress.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah, I wanted to get the broad strokes and the backstory done first. Trying to figure out the best way to handle the last little bit.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:15 pm

How tall is he? I only ask because he seems like he'd be a pretty tall guy.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Random Input GO!
Crystalite wrote:You MUST define your default size, along with a precise height and weight. Yes, it's important.
Bronymous wrote:How tall is he? I only ask because he seems like he'd be a pretty tall guy.
Pretty tall as in 6'5" (my brother is that tall) or just at the top of average tall?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:05 pm

I figured that the lack of a Special Move was because he personally isn't rolling dice; it's all conjurations and Warlord talents.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 pm

I actually did have him pegged at 6'5".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:12 pm

I hadn't figured out a specific height yet but it seems like 6'5" it is. I'm not the best at approximating weights so what weight sounds like it would make sense?

While I hadn't chosen a special move yet, I will be getting one since there's ways to activate off of summons or talents granted. Plus, IT IS NOT THIS DAY! exists though I don't know if anyone here has it. I wonder if Crystalite will allow us to use sunbeam's rebalanced set of special moves.

Does anyone here have an archnemesis?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:17 pm

Well, I figured Serena was just starting out heroing, so she doesn't have any personally, but given the sheer number of superhero relatives she has, I'm guessing there might be a bit of crossover there.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:28 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:I hadn't figured out a specific height yet but it seems like 6'5" it is.  I'm not the best at approximating weights so what weight sounds like it would make sense?

Does anyone here have an archnemesis?

Given the proportions indicated by the picture (as if you had a choice), I think anywhere from 190-220 might be a good weight range at his height. Maybe.

I technically have an Archnemesis, but I don't think she or anything else related to that particular bit of backstory will ever make an appearance. Too large scale to insert neatly into the DM's setting. There's a reason I have some stuff blacked out in Phoenix's doc.

EDIT: On the other hand, Chain (will link picture later), is much smaller scale and would probably work. I could come up with something for her to work in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Well, I can tell you that my brother, who is 6'5", has the bone-build of an average guy, and is neither fat nor overly muscular (basically from a distance he looks like a normal guy) weighs about 230 lbs.

Fun Fact: for my entire immediate family, until you put someone of average height next to us, we don't look very tall at all. We are scaled, not stretched.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 pm

Bronymous wrote:Does anyone here have an archnemesis?
On the other hand, Chain (will link picture later), is much smaller scale and would probably work. I could come up with something for her to work in.[/quote]

Picture and brief backstory of Chain, Phoenix's nemesis.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:04 am

A power nullifier enemy. That's asking the GM to have all sorts of fun.

Thus said the guy playing the Normal...
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:47 am

Yeah, but she can really only do it to one person at a time. Basically has to lasso of truth (read: choke them the fuck out) them into submission, and meanwhile the rest of the team can proceed to pound her into the cement.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next