Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 9 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 pm

P: pyrokinesis, telekinesis, psychic forcefields, Arrest Momentum (or levitation, if I so choose), slightly superhuman accuracy.

Next let's play a game called "list all the superpowers your character should have but didn't have enough ability points for".
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 9 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  Elacular Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:26 pm

Hmmm...I hadn't actually thought of what other "powers" I'd give Cal later in the game. Suggestions?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:52 pm

I'd like to say that IM also has flight and simulated super-strength. On the one hand, both are technically extensions of her Telekinesis. On the other, if what we're trying to do is get a grasp on what everyone is capable of, I feel it should be mentioned.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Copper Rose wrote:feel free to point out any more things that can be added to this

Well, a side effect of the way The Everliving Gentleman uses his tech is that it effectively makes him a multiple man/decoy army. Also, he has the "his super power is money" thing going on.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:58 pm

Hmmm...I get the feeling that Cal is gonna sort of be the Javolt of the group. Keeping enemies occupied by annoying the hell out of them and getting them to make stupid mistakes. Is induce stupid a power?...no, but it is a combat thingy. *evilgrin*
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 am

Elacular wrote:Is induce stupid a power?

You could take one of the abilities that force nat 1s.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:54 am

Hmmm...now that is an idea. I'm definitely gonna put those on my "to do if I ever get the points" list.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:55 am

That reminds me, I never got an answer back on whether I can make a custom Weakness for a beneficial tradeoff?

Powers that Phoenix would have, in another story, would include advanced versions of powers listed, "Numinexus" transformation into multiple forms (and more powers that those bring), reincarnation, dimensional transference, temporal distortion and movement, blinding light, weaponized electromagnetic energy, clairvoyance, mind reading, chi techniques, wow this list is really kind of ridiculous now that I think about it.

I like to think he's still mostly balanced out by his three big negative factors, though.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:56 am

So, what kind of weaknesses would we be talking about?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:58 am

Bronymous wrote:Powers that Phoenix would have, in another story, would include advanced versions of powers listed, "Numinexus" transformation into multiple forms (and more powers that those bring), reincarnation, dimensional transference, temporal distortion and movement, blinding light, weaponized electromagnetic energy, clairvoyance, mind reading, chi techniques, wow this list is really kind of ridiculous now that I think about it.

...damn, son. That's a metric butt-ton of powers. I can sort of see how some of them fit together, but others are kind of eluding me.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:05 am

It kind of comes from "He's been around for a long time and needs some fresh and exciting new stuff". Also Magic, with a capital "F$@#ing MAGIC". But the short explanation is that I had his powers narrowed down into three categories- metahuman capabilites, which any individual person could conceivably do if they were trained, knew how, or were lucky; Demonic powers, shadowy psychic stuff from his father's side and high level fire demon pyrokinesis and reincarnation from his mother's; and magic, which are extremely powerful spells that get used relatively infrequently. Early on he uses more of the Metahuman stuff, and grows out of that as he grows into Demon powers, and then after that begins to come up with stuff mixed from both categories. The big magic stuff involve time travel and resurrecting people, which happen like once or twice.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Shoot would not have any additional powers.

The point is that she has bamboo and nothing else, but uses what she has very creatively. A la Jojo.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:39 pm

So are we all done with our characters and ready to play? I know I am.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Question to Elacular, will Dr. Cal be keeping the old Healer's Grace, will he be using the revamped version, or will he be using something else like Inspiring Words?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:07 pm

Are we switching over to the new thing already? And if so, there's a bard crit? I'd be interested in that. Cal's build is largely bardic in nature.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H2CHleYNhB622r5fCtfspiNtKB-srNPwCwYBBlIHfV8/edit

Crystalite said we could use it but it's not a requirement for those who don't want to. Actually been meaning to ask permission to swap out over in your other campaign but I keep forgetting.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Hmmm...Yeah, I like that. I'm gonna take a poll among the players though. I'll get to that right now.

Also, I will be taking Inspiring words. Thanks Zamuel.
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Oh so these are just unofficial specials. In that case, if one catches my eye I might switch over.

EDIT: Well these are neat. Quite a few caught my eye, actually.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Copper Rose wrote:So are we all done with our characters and ready to play? I know I am.

My nemesis and setting affectation haven't been sorted yet, and on top of that I believe the DM is still sick, given the lack of activity.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Elacular wrote:Hmmm...Yeah, I like that. I'm gonna take a poll among the players though. I'll get to that right now.

Also, I will be taking Inspiring words. Thanks Zamuel.

The thanks really goes to Sunbeam since he put in the work on the math for them. Would have went into the combat revamp if it hadn't been changed into a full system revamp.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:16 am

No longer sick, just AAAUUGGGH TWO CAMPAIGNS!
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:29 am

You know, I think I will switch from old Dazzling Performance to new Dazzling Performance. Gives me a bit more range in what I can do.

Also, I guess I should mention I switched judo throw out for punishing blow, and traded most of my equipment over for a training certificate for Lightening Reflexes. As long as we're bring stuff up.

Don't worry about it C., we don't need to start until your ready, after all. Your game. Very Happy
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:31 am

Traded old Buccaneer Blaze for new Buccaneer Blaze, because it is substantially better, and I can now flavor it as a fire attack without the embarassing "burn myself" part.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:01 pm

Yeah, it would be a while anyways; I'm still working out kinks in the first session, and the plotline overall.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:22 pm

I guess we can continue fleshing out the characters and worldbuilding. Since you're using real world years, any specific Gifted of note that have popped up?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next