Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

+7
AProcrastinatingWriter
TheCavalry
A1C Bronymous
Paper Shadow
Dusk Raven
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
11 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 6 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:54 am

From a combat standpoint, that sounds like her main attacks would cause damage and inflict stun, but the attempts would leave her dazed.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting) - Page 6 Empty Re: The League (LL) (PbP) (No Longer Recruiting)

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:02 am

Yeah, essentially that makes sense. More realistically, I think it would Weaken, Inflict vulnerability, low ongoing damage, and Daze a target, for a duration as long as you designate, with the caveat being that the effect ends as soon as you use any other action, including free actions and interrupts. That way, she chokes you as long as she can before she has to stop to keep from being steamrolled, and you are still technically free to act, but at a much lower capability.

Probably not a bad idea for a legit Talent. Might have to suggest that.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 am

Two things of note though:
1) Catching someone alone. She's been surviving so far despite being chased so she should know how to pick her battles.
2) Alliances. While she doesn't sound as dangerous as many of the bigger name comic book power nullifiers/drainers, winding up in a sort of Legion of Doom makes her an issue due to having someone to cover for her.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:23 am

ZamuelNow wrote:1) Catching someone alone.  She's been surviving so far despite being chased so she should know how to pick her battles.
Very true. Add to that her main gambit in the original story was that she ended up being a honey pot, turned on Phoenix when the chips- and his guard- were down.

AND she succeeded in being the third wheel/homewrecker, which led to later problems with another character, and her mother, the Big Bad Archnemesis, down the road.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:17 pm

I don't remember ever coming up with an archnemesis when I was 10, so I don't think SW will have one (unless DM decides to come up with one for me, but it would have to be a new one)
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I actually have come up with an idea for a archnemesis of Serena's whole family, but I want to wait a bit before posting ideas, until Crystalite comes back, and we can discuss with him.
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:47 pm

No silly, that's not how you do it. You're supposed to post everything you have about your character BEFORE the DM can say no, and that way they have to put it in the game exactly as you want it.

I would have done so already, but multi-volume novels take just FOREVER to upload to Google Docs.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 am

Heh.

The Everliving Gentleman doesn't directly have an archnemesis but I have tossed some of my prior superhero campaign material in Crystalite's direction and this does include some villains.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 pm

So, Zamuel, how public is it that The Everlasting Gentleman is a Normal, anyway? Does anyone know, do only some know, or is it common knowledge by this point?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Only some might know.  And it's very much a "The Riddler eventually managed to figure out who Batman" or "someone with super perception and tech experience realized those are just hard light holograms".  He does as much as possible to maintain the ruse since the wrong people figuring it out means he'll just get slam dunked on his next encounter.  Thus, there's times he'll deliver information to the police about some crimes but not directly try to stop some villains.  On the other hand, he will attempt some Batman Contingency Plan moments against some big fish if he thinks he's gotten them figured out.  He is rich in his alter ego so he has access to some resources.  Hmm.  I just might need an Oracle or a Commissioner Gordon in his backstory.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Honeeey, I'm hooooome...

Also, TheCavalry decided to drop out and I've lost track of the other sheets. Could everyone who's not linked on the front please repost?
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 pm

Awww, that's too bad.

So, can we make our own nemesis for you to use?
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:03 pm

If you have ideas, I want to hear them! Just send them over PM so that it still surprises everyone else, please.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:21 pm

Crystalite wrote:Just send them over PM so that it still surprises everyone else, please.

Well... shit. Surprise everyone, you already know everything about mine.

I'll send you a PM on the details of the [REDACTED] and his actual archnemesis, I guess. If you think your setting can take it.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Crystalite wrote:I've lost track of the other sheets. Could everyone who's not linked on the front please repost?
Sunset Wolf
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:36 pm

Well that's... a thing.

Anyway, I notice I sent you a mobile doc version of his sheet, so here's a Better Version.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:47 pm

ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  AProcrastinatingWriter Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:33 am

Though I find the pdf to be formatted much better (font options and all) it also has a glaring error in it that has made it unuseable, and it is difficult to edit PDF files. Whoops.

Here is Shoot again.
AProcrastinatingWriter
AProcrastinatingWriter

Back to top Go down

Post  mjh6 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

You still have 4 extra ability points to spend, Zamuel...
mjh6
mjh6
Newbie Designer
Newbie Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:39 pm

Still trying to figure out the right ways to fill out the build. Might potentially save the points for when we hit level 2 but I need to ask Crystalite some things.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm clearly quite a bit late, but would it be okay if I put a character together and showed it here?
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Probably fine, as the number of players may or may not be up in the air right now (I personally have no clue the number, because craziness) so Crystalite may decide to bring you in if you have a cool enough character despite possible numbers of stuff. Also, be original: don't take telekinesis.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm

So that's what I'll be adding to my character sheet!  Cheerilee Derp 
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Elacular Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Alright, I think I have everything done but the picture. Tell me if there's anything wrong that you guys can see.

Meet Dr. Calvin Spencer.

Edit: I saw that two people already had Enchanting, so for the purpose of variety I replaced it and my freaky knowledge (which probably wasn't going to help anyone) with a reflavored Terrify. Also, since Shoot already has kindness, do you think I should take Honesty instead? Both made sense for Cal to have.

Last edited by Elacular on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Elacular
Elacular
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Two combat questions for Crystalite:
1) Are sunbeam's alternate specials allowed for the campaign?
2) What are your views on Spellbook?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next