Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hooved Adventurers [Signup]

+8
lyric
XandZero2
Cainx13
MirrorImage
The Warrior of Many Faces
Stairc -Dan Felder
Ramsus
Masterweaver
12 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Hooved Adventurers [Signup] - Page 8 Empty Re: Hooved Adventurers [Signup]

Post  Stairc -Dan Felder Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Yep, MW's MIA.

I hope some more games start up to fill the gap. I know Shepard is planning one.
Stairc -Dan Felder
Stairc -Dan Felder
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

Stairc -Dan Felder wrote:Yep, MW's MIA.

I hope some more games start up to fill the gap. I know Shepard is planning one.

^Yep, yep.

INTO THE BREACH!

But it's not like you and I aren't both running games too, Stairc. Give us some credit, man!
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  lyric Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:37 pm

So is there anything we can do about this, or what? When should we just call it quits? scratch
lyric
lyric
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Cardbo Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Not really, other than see if there another game going around that'll accept another player.
Cardbo
Cardbo
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:02 pm

lyric wrote:So is there anything we can do about this, or what? When should we just call it quits? scratch

Like Cardbo said, there's nothing we can really do right now. I'd say you're fully justified to look for another campaign to join at this point, seeing as MW's been MIA for over a week now. Commander Shepherd's running a Chat-based campaign under the thread titled "Season 1, Episode 1" (and I know he's still looking for players), Stairc is running a campaign titled, "The Wizard's Request" (and I think he's still looking for players, though you'll have to get in line for his quest), and I might be looking for another player soon too, considering that MW was running a character in my "P-Files" campaign.

You might also be able to talk Zarhon into letting you join their pony-less campaign, though don't quote me on that one (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  lyric Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Alright, thanks. I'm still doing Demonu's skype campaign, but it's only one day a week, so I was hoping I'd be able to find something to fill in the gaps. I'll take a look around. Smile
lyric
lyric
Background Pony
Background Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  A1C Bronymous Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:06 pm

Not to be a complete scavenger, but if anyone doesn't come back I'd like to put myself on the list to fill in.
A1C Bronymous
A1C Bronymous
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command
Air Commander, Equestrian Armies Pegasus Corps, Eastern Skies Command

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:25 pm

Considering the extremely dissatisfying reason of: Somebody was mean to me on the internet in a place unrelated to this one and I didn't even respect you guys enough to say anything to explain my vanishing. I'm inclined to say I'd be dropping out. However since my headcannon for Outcast is linked so closely to Xand's for Z-Rock at this point in our convergent fictional headcannon timelines I'm more or less going to do what he does. I'm still inclined not to continue though as most likely I foresee MW doing something (as a result of running a game) that would mess up the stuff we've thought up so far (in fact it's entirely possibly MW might flat out say "no" to important parts of what I have planned for Outcast). Also I just find his reasoning for abandoning us in such a disrespectful way rather insulting.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 pm

That was only the catalyst, and I am quite aware how immature I have been. I am not comfortable discussing my absence.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Masterweaver Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 pm

....I'm a horrible GM, actually.

Here I was, trying to test a system and be a guiding force and you know what? I have no plan. I was just making it up as I went. I should probably not GM at all.
Masterweaver
Masterweaver
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I don't think not having a plan makes you a horrible GM. Plans tend to get torn to pieces anyway.

Still, I believe I'm happy where I have Outcast now in my headspace and don't want to risk messing her up, so I'm out of at least this game where she was in.
Ramsus
Ramsus

Back to top Go down

Post  XandZero2 Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Masterweaver wrote:....I'm a horrible GM, actually.

Here I was, trying to test a system and be a guiding force and you know what? I have no plan. I was just making it up as I went. I should probably not GM at all.

-Well MW, that's something I can better sympathize with than the fanfic excuse.

Some GMs can work completely off improv, some can't. Being a lazy person in RL, I've actually tried complete improv before, and it actually gets pretty stressful after a while. You're always wondering when you might just fail to think of something to do next. It can be pretty tough.

Like Ramsus, I don't think that makes you a bad GM. The real issue I had was that you weren't just up-front about it with us. If you would have said something, I think we all would have understood.

For what it's worth though - I honestly had a great time playing in your campaign with Z-Rock while it lasted. It introduced me to pbp games in general and gave me my first real experience with the PT system. I also loved the rock concert we put on - that was a lot of fun, and it gave me the urge to start my own pbp too.

That typed, I honestly just don't feel like getting back into the Hooved Adventures right now. The magic's gone for me. I took it for dead months ago and I and my character have both moved on. Currently, I'm pretty invested in my P-Files campaign, I've got RL work to do, and I'm currently hooked on Pokemon Black 2 to boot (and that's not even mentioning my other hobbies - board gaming, RL RPing, etc).

So, no hard feelings MW, but I'm going to pass on joining the reboot for the time being. I might think about rejoining after I finish PB2, but for now I'm in no hurry. I've only beat the 3rd Gym Leader so far... (;
XandZero2
XandZero2
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8