Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

+5
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Curunir
9 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

Post  Curunir Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:44 am

It really depends on what you do. They will be separate in as much as the characters are separated into different "teams" to work and live together: though depending on your actions you can certainly interact with the other group (or see the results of their actions).

You're not in separate instances of the universe: I have simply split into two groups for logistical reasons- since 2 groups of 4 will be easier to manage than a group of 8 - and will require less down time within a group waiting for responses from the other players (unless the 2 groups end up working together to accomplish something).

Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!) - Page 3 Empty Re: Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

Post  Senshuken Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:53 am

Fair enough. I look forwards to working with everyone in taming our new home world. I'm sure that the right amount of face punching will get the local wildlife to understand who's boss now.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:57 am

Okay, here's the IC Campaign thread for Group 1: https://ponytales.forumotion.com/t842-pae-group-1-team-r89#75261
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 am

And Link is the first one up and about.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:37 am

Whoops! Sorry, Copper Rose, but you're part of Group 2! I've only put up a topic for Group 1...

Hopefully it won't be too long before you can start! ZamuelNow is working on his character, and I'd like you to finish updating your character as well (and fix your Attributes)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:57 am

oh, ok. I'll delete that post (if I can) soon.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:00 am

I'm rather happy to be apart of group one, mostly because I like dogs... my definition of dog in this case ruling that those stupid, yipping little toilet brushes that do nothing but bark and bite at your ankles are not dogs, but merely some kind of rat that learned how to bark in order to be fed.

Speaking of dogs, is Clover a certain breed, or just the standard gray diamond dog?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:14 am

My headcanon's that she's sorta dark brown, labrador-y, and with a club-like (the suit of cards) birthmark of discolored fur on one of her front paws, which is where her name comes from. But I need to actually draw a picture of her at some point that's not horrendous or someone else's picture.
For now, think of her like Starfish from the mylittlechangeling tumblr. (Safe for work)
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:48 am

...I'm not going to lie. All I want to do is tackle her to the ground and give her a belly rub. I am fully aware that this would no doubt result in my face being ripped off, but it would totally be worth it.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:54 am

Senshuken wrote:...I'm not going to lie. All I want to do is tackle her to the ground and give her a belly rub. I am fully aware that this would no doubt result in my face being ripped off, but it would totally be worth it.
Clover's pretty easy-going. As long as she didn't think you were trying to pull something or make her appear weak, she'd probably be into it.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:09 am

How are stat reasoned in this campaign? Is 5 terrible and 3 decrepit? Is 5 average for someone "normal" but low on the hero scale?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 am

ZamuelNow wrote:How are stat reasoned in this campaign?  Is 5 terrible and 3 decrepit?  Is 5 average for someone "normal" but low on the hero scale?

That... is a pretty good question now that I think about it.

Quietkal wrote:Clover's pretty easy-going. As long as she didn't think you were trying to pull something or make her appear weak, she'd probably be into it.

You know, after reading Clover's sheet I got the impression that she and Link would get along rather nicely... With that response I'm tempted to say something about seeing how deep the rabbit hole goes, but all things considered that might just be a romantic dinner and date for the two of them.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:00 am

If you wanna try and ship it, go ahead. I can't say I'm particularly keen on it though...at least not for the moment.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:06 am

Nah, I'm just yanking your chain (...The dog puns just keep coming... I'm sorry). If it happens it happens, but we might as well see where the dice and the rp takes us. Much more interesting that way.
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Coral is now completely updated and ready for play!  Big Smiles, Sweetie 
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:45 am

Sentence of the day: Going Princess Twilight

Definition: To become socially blind when introduced to new magic/ technology and obsessive in discovering how it works.

During the third Grand Galloping Gala after her ascension to being an alicorn, the crystal empire ambassador and his entourage presented the young princess with a magical crystal construct that had been made before the Empire vanished under the rule of King Sombra. When presented with the artifact, Princess Twilight proceeded to 'squee in a non princess like fashion, took her new subject of research and bounced away like a happy school filly in front of the whole Gala'.

(That's my headcannon and I'm sticking to it.)
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:27 am

ZamuelNow wrote:How are stat reasoned in this campaign?  Is 5 terrible and 3 decrepit?  Is 5 average for someone "normal" but low on the hero scale?

Hmm, good question. In terms of how you can normally distribute stats, 7 is "average"- at least for a player character (though NPCs in the setting are likely similar in attributes and skills to PCs, given that they managed to get accepted into the colonization program).

Seeing as 5 (and 3 if you take the appropriate ability) are the minimum values you can have as a PC, I'd definitely agree that these are low values, even for a "normal" individual. At these levels, it suddenly becomes possible to fail even the easiest of skill checks (DC 5-10)

Copper Rose wrote:Coral is now completely updated and ready for play!

Glad to hear it! I'll probably start running Group 2 as soon as I get a character from ZamuelNow (Haven't heard back from Crystalite yet, his character or whatever character(s) replace him will be sleeping in!)
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:50 pm

Question: is this campaign going to treat the Instant Party morale bonus as an all day thing like it used to be, or is it going to treat it as an hour-long thing as it is now?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Need to properly reflavor her combat but posting Flairvoyant the Unicorn Navigator.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:09 pm

Where did everyone else disappear to?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:36 pm

I've been giving Astral Arc time to respond, but was planning to post later tonight regardless.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caden2112 Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

Yeah, I was waiting for miss shinyflank to respond, considering she got tech-talked at. Razz
Caden2112
Caden2112
Best Pony
Best Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:48 am

Quietkal asked a very good question.

What is the relation between the three characters that aren't time travelers?

My personal take is that we've seen each other around, and sometime before we got put in stasis we were at least introduced to each other since we would be sharing a room. Sound about right?
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:58 am

Y'know, one benefit of being in the second group, all this stuff is already figured out for you :3

Not sure if it outweighs having to wait to start though.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Senshuken wrote:My personal take is that we've seen each other around, and sometime before we got put in stasis we were at least introduced to each other since we would be sharing a room. Sound about right?
Basically the assumption I was working under as well, though I figured I should probably check and make sure.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next