Pony Tales: Aspirations of Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

+5
Fury of the Tempest
Quietkal
ZamuelNow
Crystalite
Curunir
9 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:34 am

Sorry, I might not be on much the next couple days:  I'm at a game convention this weekend, and also am having problems with my laptop charger (I have a replacement at home).  

Put up the thread for Group 2, mostly just copypasted from group 1, except your other group member(s) are still asleep (until such time as Crystalite or another player make a character:  but no reason to make you have to wait longer because of that)

As for Quietkal's question, sure!  Players can work out whether (and to what degree) they already know your teammates:  It's possible you don't, but you could have met them back on earth, when doing orientation for the colonization program, or just prior to being locked in stasis.

And I'll get in touch with Elegant Force/Astral Arc : I think she might not be getting email notifications of new posts somehow.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

http://turtlgandalf.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!) - Page 4 Empty Re: Planetfall : Alpha Equulei (Started/Enough players!)

Post  Copper Rose Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 pm

So... other group 2 peoples gonna post?
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:24 am

Forgive my slow posting but I had a busy weekend. That said, I wonder if Group 2 should have waited for another member before starting. Moot point now, though.
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow
Freakin' Alicorn Princess

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:31 pm

You don't need to look for a free table, senshuken; there's a lit up table with our team designation on it.
Curunir wrote:As she swipes the first card, one of the tables behind you lights up with your team's number.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm

ZamuelNow wrote:Forgive my slow posting but I had a busy weekend.  That said, I wonder if Group 2 should have waited for another member before starting.  Moot point now, though.

That other member was going to be me, but I wasn't ready in time and I told Curunir to go ahead if he wanted.

That being said, a character sheet is in the works...

EDIT: I haven't looked too close at the other sheets; is there a Healer role? Because that's what I'm currently leaning towards combat-wise.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Yeah, I just figured I shouldn't make people have to wait, considering I let the other group start. Figured Crystalite and/or another player would show up soon enough. Don't know what's keeping Fury.

Nope, it doesn't look like anyone on Team 2 is specifically geared towards healing, combat-wise (or non-combat wise, for that matter)- just Coral's healing Special Move and one or two healing talents among the lot of them.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 am

Just curious, what sort of diet do you think Diamond Dogs have, Curunir? My personal belief is that they are ultravores, eating what would be in 20 questions terms: Animal, Vegetable, and Mineral.
Just so we're on the same page and she doesn't bite into a crystal and break her jaw.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 am

While I'd be inclined to agree, this is a whole new planet. The crystals here may be harder; which means you might break your jaw anyways...
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 am

Crystalite wrote:While I'd be inclined to agree, this is a whole new planet. The crystals here may be harder; which means you might break your jaw anyways...
Truth, but if she's not used to eating crystals she'd be much less inclined to attempt biting the crystal at all.
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:48 am

Oh look! I have something vaguely resembling a character sheet... If the GM approves I will fill out the rest of the way ASAP, but I would like to go ahead and start playing.

Backstory is still WIP... The critical bits are self explanatory, I'm just fleshing out details. Although, many of those details can be made up on the spot, really. And not even necessarily by me...

Spoiler:
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Quietkal: I'm fine with your ideas on their diet, seeing as we don't actually know anything about it. We already know dragons eat gems, and considering the diamond dogs' interest in gemstones, I'd assume they can eat them too (I don't know what else they do with them, they don't seem to use too many in their clothing/accessories)

Crystalite: Alright, looks good! Go ahead and start posting: good timing, since we've not quite left the room yet.

I'll need to figure out some elements of your backstory:

I'd assume you're openly a changeling? Seeing as I imagine you change forms regularly as part of your acting career?

Also, I'd like to know your relation (if any) to the changeling hive.

In the setting, Changelings are still mistrusted, in the past centuries the Hive has been the source of a couple of conflicts back home, and even orchestrated a couple wars between Equestria and their other neighbors.

You'd know that Commander Lightning Strike, head of ship security and veteran of the last Changeling Wars, is particularly hard on changelings, and that she probably gave you a hard time on your application to be part of the crew if she knew you were a changeling. There's probably only a handful of other open changelings on board.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 pm

Yes, Lakaida is an open changeling. She is a known fugitive of the Hive, having defected with her parents as a child.

Her purpose on the crew is officially labeled "morale booster"; meaning, her job is to entertain people, more than anything else. While Commander Lightning Strike doesn't have to like her personally, she worked hard enough to get there (There may have even been bribes involved :O ) and thus he doesn't really have any say in the matter.

The rest of the public has generally accepted her due to appearing and starring in their favorite movies (I presume there's such a thing here) and producing some of their favorite music as well.

Incidentally, who is the ship's doctor for this section? It had occured to me that it might be interesting if she had had to be woken up a time or two due to malfunctions, and discovering she was "allergic" to the cryofluid.
Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Crystalite Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Crystalite
Crystalite
Celestia's Disciple

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm...a little confused by Astral's little rant there.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you know more about her and what she's doing, it just seems kinda weird that she knows that she time-traveled but is surprised/depressed/enraged by the fact that Starswirl's been dead for a really long time.
This catches me off-guard because I figured she was trying to contact the Starswirl of her day and age, maybe from like a weird note in one of his texts or something telling her the temporal/spatial co-ordinates she would be picked up at, and not need a present Starswirl to talk/interact with. Because needing a present one would kind of really dirty the 'get back safely' part of time travel, especially if she was sent into time without Starswirl.
Maybe I should just stop analyzing time travel/ another character and go back to shipping exercising? Yeh...prebly...
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:26 pm

Yeah, don't worry, it makes sense! Sorry, I did Astral's trip to the archives via PM. Secret DM reasons.

Basically, I can tell you OOC she's upset because when she looked up Starswirl she wasn't in any of the records: Apparently he not only never managed to get her back home, but also never mentioned her or credited her in any way for the time that she was his assistant.

Don't feel bad at all for trying to analyze other characters! Might even be important. Not that anyone saw Astral's rant IC.

And Exercises for Link and Clover: Athletics, Athletics, Acrobatics, Endurance, Athletics, Athletics, Endurance, Endurance, Athletics, Athletics.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Quietkal Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:29 am

Ah! That makes a lot of sense. Sorry Astral was abandoned in this time period apparently. (We're pretty cool though, so it won't be all that bad I guess.)

Skill checks! (No crit fails or successes.)
1. Athletics: 31
2. Athletics: 25
3. Acrobatics: 15
4. Endurance: 26
5. Athletics: 32
6. Athletics: 30
7. Endurance: 26
8. Endurance: 21
9. Athletics: 15
0. Athletics: 23
Individual Rolls, not just totals:
Quietkal
Quietkal
Element of Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post  Senshuken Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:53 am

Skill Checks:
1: Athletics: 21
2: Athletics: 30
3: Acrobatics: 21
4: Endurance: 26
5: Athletics: 18
6: Athletics: 21
7: Endurance: 22
8: Endurance: 28
9:Athletics: 16
10: Athletics: 29

Individual Rolls:

I'll write up a post once we know how well our warm up went. No crits (Fails or Successes)
Senshuken
Senshuken
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Quick question. Sorry for the delay. But what/where is 'Level R', where you said the magical anomalies are?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:33 pm

No problem! I should have realized that's not clear.

Most of the ship is made up of levels A-Z, the rings which contain the crew quarters and other amenities such as the cafeterias and gymnasiums. There is some variation in other facilities on each level: Such as various science and magic labs, hangar decks, or access to the colony pods. Areas of the ship not on one of these levels include the bridge, cargo storage, and engine room.

I'll put a response in both topics momentarily.
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:35 pm

So, does each level have a specialty?
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:36 pm

Lakaida would be the only one to receive Gearick's response, correct?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Curunir Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Each level doesn't have a specialty per se: it's just that it there was neither room nor need to put every kind of lab or facility on every level. Other levels can be easily accessible via lift.

Yes, Lakaida is the one to get the message, since the communication was made through Ruby
Curunir
Curunir
Equestrian Honor Guard
Equestrian Honor Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Fury of the Tempest Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:41 pm

Okay, fair enough.
Fury of the Tempest
Fury of the Tempest

Back to top Go down

Post  ZamuelNow Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:14 pm

How does the sun work in this universe? Does it require unicorn magic to rise or does it move by itself?
ZamuelNow
ZamuelNow

Back to top Go down

Post  Copper Rose Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:08 pm

Its already been stated that the sun/moon are untouched by alicorn magic.
Copper Rose
Copper Rose
Epic Pwny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next